Walter 🥲

• 4 weeks later...

The man, the legend, the greatest of them all gave me my happiest days of my Life. 

9 n row, beating tarriers home and away regularly. X amount of trophies. Returning for 3 n a row and Manchester.

Beating united on penalties when we were shit, beating St Mirren with 9 men, beating those unwashed wanks in extra time and then tipping them to league with a 7 minute annihilation.

Still breaks my heart more than Manchester and Seville that cheating Bastards Marseille got away with doing us all out a shot at the big one.

35 minutes ago, Blacky Bear said:

The man, the legend, the greatest of them all gave me my happiest days of my Life. 

9 n row, beating tarriers home and away regularly. X amount of trophies. Returning for 3 n a row and Manchester.

Beating united on penalties when we were shit, beating St Mirren with 9 men, beating those unwashed wanks in extra time and then tipping them to league with a 7 minute annihilation.

Still breaks my heart more than Manchester and Seville that cheating Bastards Marseille got away with doing us all out a shot at the big one.

Think this is a bit of a myth their cheating was to do with domestic league matches, and financial irregularities, don’t think there was any evidence of them cheating in the CL that’s why they weren’t stripped of the trophy. Besides that we also fucked it against CSKA at Ibrox a game we had to win to have a chance to go through. 

Im sure there was rumours of them drugging CSKA players before they played them in France and bribing CL refs ect nothing they where ever charged with.

52 minutes ago, Tiger Shaw said:

Think this is a bit of a myth their cheating was to do with domestic league matches, and financial irregularities, don’t think there was any evidence of them cheating in the CL that’s why they weren’t stripped of the trophy. Besides that we also fucked it against CSKA at Ibrox a game we had to win to have a chance to go through. 

Im sure there was rumours of them drugging CSKA players before they played them in France and bribing CL refs ect nothing they where ever charged with.

Bribing refs to make league games easy and a formality.

Saving efforts for Europe will we battled through it all.

But your right should have beat Brugge over there and CSK at home.

Missed Hateley over in Velodrome.

4 minutes ago, Blacky Bear said:

Bribing refs to make league games easy and a formality.

Saving efforts for Europe will we battled through it all.

But your right should have beat Brugge over there and CSK at home.

Missed Hateley over in Velodrome.

Rangers striker Mark Hateley has since claimed he was offered cash not to play against Marseille in the penultimate group match, when a win would have seen the Scottish side top the group with one game left.

"It was a friend of a friend, who had got in touch via certain routes, basically asking me not to play," claimed Hateley.

"He was not an agent I knew, but another agent had given him the number. It was a French-speaking person, offering me large sums of money not to play against Marseille."

47 minutes ago, Blacky Bear said:

Rangers striker Mark Hateley has since claimed he was offered cash not to play against Marseille in the penultimate group match, when a win would have seen the Scottish side top the group with one game left.

"It was a friend of a friend, who had got in touch via certain routes, basically asking me not to play," claimed Hateley.

"He was not an agent I knew, but another agent had given him the number. It was a French-speaking person, offering me large sums of money not to play against Marseille."

Pretty sure there were rumours of bribes even in Europe and away to Bruges. But doesn't matter now I suppose. 

53 minutes ago, Blacky Bear said:

Referee in the Brugge game made that decision for him 

5 minutes ago, Redmond7 said:

Pretty sure there were rumours of bribes even in Europe and away to Bruges. But doesn't matter now I suppose. 

Yup they where never charged for any of the rumoured offences but definitely feels a bit dodgy with Hateley saying that years later and the refs decision to red card him against Brugge, who most thought was harsh at the time. Ultimately  we fucked it ourself by not beaten CSKA at Ibrox,  and nothing was ever proved about Marseille bribing CL refs or drugging opposition team players 

1 hour ago, Tiger Shaw said:

Yup they where never charged for any of the rumoured offences but definitely feels a bit dodgy with Hateley saying that years later and the refs decision to red card him against Brugge, who most thought was harsh at the time. Ultimately  we fucked it ourself by not beaten CSKA at Ibrox,  and nothing was ever proved about Marseille bribing CL refs or drugging opposition team players 

You’re right, of course, that nothing was ever actually proven but I tend to think that if it waddles like a duck, quacks like a duck and looks like a duck, there’s a very strong possibility that you’re dealing with a duck.