Walter 🥲

9 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Makes me feel emotional every time I watch that. He gave us so many amazing memories watching our team. You always knew everything would be alright when Walter was in the dugout. Still can't believe he's gone.

2 minutes ago, Blue Nosed Babe said:

I am not ashamed to admit that I cried in court when I heard the sad news. Loved Sir Walter.

Took a while for it to hit me to be honest, cried a bit when I saw the tribute in the house of commons. you'll not see many that's done for.

Just now, EngineeRFC said:

Took a while for it to hit me to be honest, cried a bit when I saw the tribute in the house of commons. you'll not see many that's done for.

James Traynor once asked me on a phone in why all Football Managers were referred to using forename and surname except Walter. I said because everyone knows who Walter is and he is a legend who has earned that level of respect.

Been following our great club since the sixties and I simply cannot imagine what we would have been like without Walter.

At his funeral, they sang the BB hymn, “Will Your Anchor Hold” and that’s how I think of him, guiding us through the storms and remaining steadfast.

Totally irreplaceable..

1 hour ago, Blue Nosed Babe said:

I am not ashamed to admit that I cried in court when I heard the sad news. Loved Sir Walter.

I think we're a similar age and have grown up through the amazing times Walter gave us. The measure of the man wasn't just providing the good times, but supporting and actively being a part of the club during our worst times. 

He never hid and always had the club at the heart of everything he did. 

Just an amazing man and absolutely no shame in admitting that