New home top

9 hours ago, Loyal72 said:

My initial thoughts tbfrangers_60-20_a1.thumb.jpg.733ab6d75d47a31dcbec923d564f0bde.jpg

But you could argue that 2003-2009 are actually the wrong shade of blue.

The darker blue is more common.

2004/5 was a lighter shade of blue than 2005-2009. The exact shade of the 2006/7 and 2007/8 shirts will always be the definitive Rangers blue for me.

1 hour ago, LegendofCoop said:

I hated it when it first came out, but literally fell in love with it when I actually saw it. Phenomenal kit!

Rarely do I like a kit when it comes out. They all tend to grow on me though. Apart from the Tennents Lager one with the white collar, which just looked like a shite rugby top. Now I'll just sit back and await the rage from those who loved that top.

12 hours ago, Loyal72 said:

Yeah, the ones with the best and clearest patterns still go for decent money. 

Mine was pretty "average" if I mind right, when we all got them at the time, checking out yer mates seeing if their lions were better 😂

Did you get 5 stars printed on the following seasons shirt?

Squinty stars and MOORE 3 in the East Kilbride shop.

1 hour ago, .Williamson. said:

Aye but it’s been embroidered with a cup final we lost to Hearts ffs 

Shit show of a season in all honesty. Fucked the league. Top goalscorer Negri never played past Christmas. Then it ended with losing to Hearts and losing our two heroes Laudrup and Gascoigne. I'm sure the scum won the league cup at Ibrox just to really rub it in. Burn that top with fire :ang:

Edit - end of an era as well as Walter left the club after his first spell as manager. 

33 minutes ago, Jamie0202 said:

Shit show of a season in all honesty. Fucked the league. Top goalscorer Negri never played past Christmas. Then it ended with losing to Hearts and losing our two heroes Laudrup and Gascoigne. I'm sure the scum won the league cup at Ibrox just to really rub it in. Burn that top with fire :ang:

Edit - end of an era as well as Walter left the club after his first spell as manager. 

Was Ally’s last ever game for us thay cup defeat to Hearts aswell 

We won the league at their place the following year in that shirt but you’d never buy that particular one because of the embroidery :lol:

10 hours ago, left winger said:

Rarely do I like a kit when it comes out. They all tend to grow on me though. Apart from the Tennents Lager one with the white collar, which just looked like a shite rugby top. Now I'll just sit back and await the rage from those who loved that top.

This was the first top I remember 'hating'. It just looked v plain compared to the one before it. Saw it on a guy a week later and loved it. I'm with you, that 'Rugby' top did nothing for me!

4 hours ago, Dan Deacon said:

4 hours ago, Dan Deacon said:

For you maybe might be ok for him 😂

Did you just assume my gender?!?!?! :lol: 

Cheers mate. I saw one somewhere else for £40 new I think! Might be tempted!! :tu: Seems mad paying more for a used top than a new home top costs brand new! 

19 minutes ago, LegendofCoop said:

This was the first top I remember 'hating'. It just looked v plain compared to the one before it. Saw it on a guy a week later and loved it. I'm with you, that 'Rugby' top did nothing for me!

Did you just assume my gender?!?!?! :lol: 

Cheers mate. I saw one somewhere else for £40 new I think! Might be tempted!! :tu: Seems mad paying more for a used top than a new home top costs brand new! 

It's a football forum mate it's all lads in here 

16 hours ago, LegendofCoop said:

I just want this baby back again.....

image.thumb.png.7a0923d700bba31dcc975ef6d97c61ef.png

i loved that one and the ntl one. i hope we get a top in the future that is inspired by it.

since i'm bored and waiting for kick off i made up these

spacer.pngspacer.png

On 27/04/2024 at 10:55, cascadeshrimp said:

Funny enough when i 1st saw the "new" top it reminded me of the ntl days.That was a lovely strip

Agree mate it was plain and simple. Mind as a youngin I followed the club from 93 and I got a shock coz mcewan's was always on the front of out tops. But that ntl and the away one was lovey quality coz of Nike being the kit sponsor.

19 hours ago, BillyG91 said:

i loved that one and the ntl one. i hope we get a top in the future that is inspired by it.

since i'm bored and waiting for kick off i made up these

spacer.pngspacer.png

I think the bigger RFC badge spoils the 97 top mate. The crested badge was much better imo. Just gave the top a bit more of a traditional feel about it.