Title 55 or Europa League 2022

42 minutes ago, Redmond7 said:

For Manchester, although I hoped we'd win I don't think I really expected it. Zenit were a decent side, played a similar style and we had done well just to get there. Seville was different though, I honestly believed it was in the bag. I think the 'cure' is to go and win it, soon.

I remember expecting to be playing Bayern in the final until Zenit absolutely fucked them in the semi, and at that point the fear kicked in as Zenit were in top form right at that moment and we barekly laid a glove on them in the match, despite taking obver Manchester totally.

To put another slant on it, would anyone trade the run to Seville for winning the league that season instead ? Losing that final made us sick but some of the memories I have from that run are so special to me and nothing in our domestic season comes close to that euphoric feeling I don’t think i could trade that

2 hours ago, B1872 said:

I know it’s ’light hearted’ but I’ll honestly never get over that game in Seville. Even now I find myself just sitting thinking about it and being absolutely gutted. Keep thinking what if Scott Wright stopped the cross or Goldson never let it run by him or Kent took that chance or the Davis one never hit the guys hair or Sakala stayed on instead of coming off for Ramsey. Fucking torture! 😂

Mate we could still be there now waiting on the Germans missing a penalty. When McGregor couldn't get near them I sorta knew how it was going to end. 

6 minutes ago, Assegai said:

Not wishing to sound glib or like I don't get the question - but it's both. This is Rangers and this is how I was brought up.

We want it all, hopefully that attitude never stops.

We just need players who have the same attitude 

38 minutes ago, Helicopter Sundae said:

I remember expecting to be playing Bayern in the final until Zenit absolutely fucked them in the semi, and at that point the fear kicked in as Zenit were in top form right at that moment and we barekly laid a glove on them in the match, despite taking obver Manchester totally.

Was there not a rumour they were heavily juiced?

3 hours ago, KingKirk said:

For me 55 generations of bears after us would need to live with that every day. That was the biggest trophy win domestically in our history nothing will get near it unless we need to do the same again down the road. 

Away, any tarriers even remotely brought up their tainted ten you'd just laugh and remind them that we won the europa league the following season

No Scottish team will ever win a eurp trophy again, so winning in seville is a lifetime supply of girfuy to the tarrier bastards 

55 but if it were any other than 55/56 on the line i'd pick europa.

europa defeat was guttin but if they won 10iar we'd never hear the end of it just like we'll never hear the end of it if they get 55 or 56.

4 minutes ago, BillyG91 said:

55 but if it were any other than 55/56 on the line i'd pick europa.

europa defeat was guttin but if they won 10iar we'd never hear the end of it just like we'll never hear the end of it if they get 55 or 56.

So they brag about a ten that we were missing the first 5 of and rebuilding 3 years of the 2nd 5

A fucking european trophy, theres going to come a time where the only fans left in scotland who witnessed their team win a euro trophy are sheep fans, 

Imagine the lifetime supply of rubbing it in wed have had we won in seville, thats like 4 generations worth of fans who'd be able to say "i was alive when we won the europa league" 

Just now, Jimfanciesthedude said:

So they brag about a ten that we were missing the first 5 of and rebuilding 3 years of the 2nd 5

A fucking european trophy, theres going to come a time where the only fans left in scotland who witnessed their team win a euro trophy are sheep fans, 

Imagine the lifetime supply of rubbing it in wed have had we won in seville, thats like 4 generations worth of fans who'd be able to say "i was alive when we won the europa league" 

true.

EL.  Flew halfway across the world during covid on my own, was sitting more or less in line with the goals for the Aribo goal.  Never felt so sick at the end.  despite how it sounded on tv, the stand was absolute pandemonium when our goal went in.  I think what makes it more sickening than Manchester for me is that I genuinely think we were favourites, had beaten better teams on route, had no striker and I think Ramsey should have started - he made an immediate difference in open play when he came on and was about our only player who didn’t look nervous as fuck.  Taking off Sakala for pens probably added pressure too.  Just a horrible feeling all in all.

Still delighted they never got 10IAR though, they’d be on 12 or 13 or something now. 

Europa League and it’s not even close for me. Winning a European trophy would’ve made everything in those 10 years, even them winning a hollow 10IAR worth it for that one night 

My dream for as long as I can remember was to see my team win a European trophy, seeing it happen would’ve been everything 

I'd take winning the Conference League over winning 5 league titles never mind the Europa.

We'll always either be favourites or second favourites to win the League but I think seeing us win a European trophy will be a once in a lifetime experience for anyone born after Barcelona, so while I know a lot of people won't agree with that, that's fair enough but that's my own view.

22 hours ago, CharlieHamilton said:

To put another slant on it, would anyone trade the run to Seville for winning the league that season instead ? Losing that final made us sick but some of the memories I have from that run are so special to me and nothing in our domestic season comes close to that euphoric feeling I don’t think i could trade that

That’s a tougher question, assuming we still lose the EL final. 

I feel like the Europa League run happened on the worst possible season for us. It meant we stuck with players who were going stale domestically, allowed a shite tarrier side to win a title they should never have got near, plus the hangover from exhaustion/injuries wrecked the following season also. 

On 05/05/2024 at 11:05, Helicopter Sundae said:

By the time we got to Manchester the players were running on empty the sfa done fuck all to help.Any other fa in Europe would move fixtures around to help out there team in a major European final not them bastards. It was the same in the final few league games as well the players were done .

1 hour ago, downviewbear said:

By the time we got to Manchester the players were running on empty the sfa done fuck all to help.Any other fa in Europe would move fixtures around to help out there team in a major European final not them bastards. It was the same in the final few league games as well the players were done .

The last five and a half weeks of that season was a hard watch just by how exhausted the players were, think we played 13 games in 35 days and only won four of them outright, although that's including draws with Fiorentina and St Johnstone which we won on pens.

Remember being frustrated with them in some games when you could see they just never had it in them to get over the line, Hibs and Motherwell away spring to mind, then you just needed to remind yourself that they're human and clearly exhausted, remember beating Motherwell at home, Fergie scored with about 15 minutes to go, and that was a slog too, we had a 67% win percentage in all competitions up until that 13 games in 38 days, and that win percentage dropped to 30% for that last five and a half weeks.

It became an impossible task.