2 minutes ago, RealWorldRich said:

I don't give a toss about international football full stop, but I do care about the absolute fucking state of the rules, the standard of refereeing and the use of VAR. I'm not sure any club in world football will have been fucked over as much as us tbh.

Ah so the reason why England were awarded the penalty was because it was the rules. So the ref and VAR were correct then. Glad we’ve cleared that up.

9 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Two players go for ball, one wins it, the other doesn’t and makes contact with studs. It’s an obvious penalty :lol: 

Kane kicks the defender.

Defender gets penalised by VAR because Kane rolls about like a big jessie.

PS: If Kane’s shot goes in, he’s off on a lap of honour and not on life support in the penalty box.

If that was given against Rangers (and with VAR as it is in Scotland, we all know it would be), we would be raging.

3 minutes ago, Colin Traive said:

Kane kicks the defender.

PS: If Kane’s shot goes in, he’s off on a lap of honour and not on life support in the penalty box.

If that was given against Rangers (and with VAR as it is in Scotland, we all know it would be), we would be raging.

Defender get penalised because he committed a foul.

If it wasn’t given for Rangers people would be calling for refs never to referee Rangers games again and saying how bad we’re treated by refs. 

4 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Defender get penalised because he committed a foul.

If it wasn’t given for Rangers people would be calling for refs never to referee Rangers games again and saying how bad we’re treated by refs. 

Defender committed a foul by Kane kicking his foot?

:lol:

12 minutes ago, Colin Traive said:

Kane kicks the defender.

I see you’re still taking this well. :lol:

14 minutes ago, J-Maestro said:

I see you’re still taking this well. :lol:

England deserved the win but I’m not having Rangers supporters trying to convince themselves (and anyone daft enough to listen) it was a penalty when every English pundit I’ve heard or read is honest enough to admit how shocking that decision was.

All water under the bridge now, hoping for a victory for attacking, attractive football on Sunday and I’d take Djokovic getting gubbed as a nice wee bonus too 👍

1 minute ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Defender commuter a foul by trying to challenge for a ball, studs up, missing, and making contact with the attacker. 

Did he, aye?

Was he on his way to work when it happened?

Work with a few boys from England and have family down that way. Happy for the fans and some of the England players I do like. Jude Bellingham being one of them.

But pundits like Ian Wright, Lee Dixon, Gary Neville, Rio Ferdinand are insufferable bastards.

Really don't mind Shearer and a few others.

Not really arsed who wins the final tbh. Probably would be funny to see the 45% of Scotland squirm tbh.

1 minute ago, bluenoz said:

That's never been a penalty in the history of the game until now.

It's becoming a non-contact sport.

Was soft as shite. If anything Kane kicked his foot by going for the shot.

But then again his studs where up and connected with Kanes foot and made contact so I can see why it was given.

I think it's one of they ones that if it was for us then I'd want the pen but if it's given against us I'd be raging.

Not sure if Saka handled it before hand either.

Glad England won though. They've been shocking all tournament but I thought over the 90 they were marginally the better team and created more clear cut chances.

58 minutes ago, MayboleLoyal_atb said:

so cringe-worthy and tinpot. Not to mention the fact that quite a lot of those teams would give anyone a game.

Time and time and time again he is just blinded by his own biases, you can't take anything he says seriously.

Just now, CoplandRoad83 said:

so cringe-worthy and tinpot. Not to mention the fact that quite a lot of those teams would give anyone a game.

Time and time and time again he is just blinded by his own biases, you can't take anything he says seriously.

To be fair, they’ve got to the final while avoiding traditional big guns like Germany, Italy, France, Portugal and Belgium not to mention improving countries like Austria.

Pretty lucky draw all round.

16 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

That's never been a penalty in the history of the game until now.

It's becoming a non-contact sport.

13 minutes ago, BlueVanguard said:

Was soft as shite. If anything Kane kicked his foot by going for the shot.

But then again his studs where up and connected with Kanes foot and made contact so I can see why it was given.

If the ball stays in play and that contact then stops Kane from getting a 2nd chance at it I could see why a penalty could be given but the contact has no bearing on his shot so I think these ones are a load of shit. 

1 minute ago, Colin Traive said:

To be fair, they’ve got to the final while avoiding traditional big guns like Germany, Italy, France, Portugal and Belgium not to mention improving countries like Austria.

Pretty lucky draw all round.

the post wasn't just about this tournament. Re. this tournament, definitely the favourable half of the draw but given Switzerland put out France at 2020, and Denmark/Holland being no mugs with some big talents I wouldn't exactly call it a free pass.  Its pretty cringe-worthy as well given how woefully inept Scotland were to start shouting from the roof tops how 'lucky' your neighbours are. Pretty sure he wouldn't be peddling the same narrative for a team if it was anyone but England. Lets be honest and call it what it is.

1 hour ago, RealWorldRich said:

I play football so I understand the game better than people who don't.  If Kane got back to his feet then there's no way it gets given, so the deciding factor is that he spent 5 minutes rolling around the floor pretending he was in need of a pitchside doctor to tend to his vicious injury.  Football has became a laughing stock, and VAR has made it worse, it gives cheaters like Kane much greater incentive to simulate injury because if you don't get a decision on the pitch then maybe some tosser in an office might buy into your antics.

tell us he plays so he understands how football works then proceeds to tell us how football doesn't work

31 minutes ago, CoplandRoad83 said:

the post wasn't just about this tournament. Re. this tournament, definitely the favourable half of the draw but given Switzerland put out France at 2020, and Denmark/Holland being no mugs with some big talents I wouldn't exactly call it a free pass.  Its pretty cringe-worthy as well given how woefully inept Scotland were to start shouting from the roof tops how 'lucky' your neighbours are. Pretty sure he wouldn't be peddling the same narrative for a team if it was anyone but England. Lets be honest and call it what it is.

Not a free pass but definitely easier than a lot of options. Got to a World Cup semi in 2018 despite losing to every top side played. 
Cant blame Southgate for the draw as you can only beat what’s put in front of you but he certainly has been fortunate.

In saying that they improved a lot yesterday compared to the dross served up in the first 5 games and deserved to win. Not writing them off in the final either although I think Spain just have a bit too much for them.