As the screenshot doing the rounds the other day said:

European VAR - working to come to the correct decision.

English VAR - working to support their mates.

2 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

France have been worse, attacking wise, they’re a one man team.

Two games and none of them have scored a goal.

Actually created chances though tbf, England have had the two goals, and Kane’s header. 

1 minute ago, STEPPS BOY said:

France haven’t scored a goal in two games i meant.

Yeah, was just meaning they’ve at least created more than England. Mbappe sitter on Monday, and Griezmann and Rabiot had stinkers with their chances

12 minutes ago, SkylineBlue said:

This has to stop btw. Its so fucking contrived and cringy. I'm not meaning just England fans. I seen a video of a Scottish fan zone doing it too and it just feels fake as fuck.

It's absolutely tragic. 

1 hour ago, SkylineBlue said:

This has to stop btw. Its so fucking contrived and cringy. I'm not meaning just England fans. I seen a video of a Scottish fan zone doing it too and it just feels fake as fuck.

Cringe. They know they are being filmed so they just go over the top when a goal goes in 

Was half watching the game in the pub tonight while playing snooker so might be miles off. Looked like a legitimate goal to me as the player in an offside position wasn't interfering with the goalkeeper.

Why didn't the referee get to make the decision? I get that actual offside decisions which are black and white don't need a ref to go to the screen but surely tonight's decision was purely subjective so should require the ref to make the call? Poor decision IMO but a subjective decision taken out of the on field referee's hands and felt like Collum's VAR decision when Johnstone used his hands to knock the ball out of play last season.

1 hour ago, Jamie0202 said:

Was half watching the game in the pub tonight while playing snooker so might be miles off. Looked like a legitimate goal to me as the player in an offside position wasn't interfering with the goalkeeper.

Why didn't the referee get to make the decision? I get that actual offside decisions which are black and white don't need a ref to go to the screen but surely tonight's decision was purely subjective so should require the ref to make the call? Poor decision IMO but a subjective decision taken out of the on field referee's hands and felt like Collum's VAR decision when Johnstone used his hands to knock the ball out of play last season.

Goal was disallowed by the referee and the assistant referee on the pitch.

Can only assume VAR only got involved to confirm that the player was offside and was in the vicinity of the GK (as the ref had already indicated).

Would still like to see the ref go to the monitor in that scenario, or just in general. One of the worste bits for VAR slowing the game down is they have to review it while the ref stands in the middle of the pitch and then gets called over to watch it. Why can’t the ref just make their way over to the monitor as soon as possible and watch along with VAR?

9 hours ago, SkylineBlue said:

Was saying similar to the wife the other night. So fake, it does my tits in tbh.

Having said that, the older I'm getting more and more things that probably shouldn't tend to piss me off :lol: