11 hours ago, The Specky Forum Organiser said:

I don't get the connection between being a Rangers fan and the English national team, unless you're English?

Following in the Souness / Walter era it had a bit more relevance, when we had Butcher, Woods, Stevens, Steven etc but to me it kinda finished with Gascoigne as the last high profile English international.

Politically the SNP were pushing more rhetoric about independence and anti British / English and our support, especially away from home as a wind up took pleasure in Rule Britannia, GSTQ, stick your TA up yer arse et al whenever we got the chance.

Where it lies currently I don’t get as there is little to no chance of the current England captain rocking up at Ibrox on a 4 year deal cutting about in Rangers tartan and eating haggis 😂

Personally couldn’t give a fuck about international football until it’s a big tournament and then it’s more a token interest as there’s nothing happening with us.

4 minutes ago, The Specky Forum Organiser said:

Howe the obvious choice I think.

why on earth would he leave newcastle? More likely Potter IMO as he's out of work

8 minutes ago, The Specky Forum Organiser said:

The Athletic and the Mail saying that Bellingham was causing friction in the camp by refusing to do media duties and not having a strong relationship with the rest of the squad.

Seems to be getting a bit big for his boots.

Only time I seen media interviews etc for England was either Southgate, Bellingham or Kane. 

1 minute ago, stevemac said:

why on earth would he leave newcastle? More likely Potter IMO as he's out of work

Jump before being pushed? Maybe taken them as far as he can? 

Potter is supposedly on mental amount from his Chelsea job that gets sacrificed when he takes another job.

Just now, stevemac said:

why on earth would he leave newcastle?

With Staveley and the other guy leaving from the board there will be changes at Newcastle.

With the money invested if he’s not sitting minimum European place he’s getting bagged.

11 minutes ago, The Specky Forum Organiser said:

The Athletic and the Mail saying that Bellingham was causing friction in the camp by refusing to do media duties and not having a strong relationship with the rest of the squad.

Seems to be getting a bit big for his boots.

Surprised by that.

He’s always been very articulate and well spoken when interviewed.

3 minutes ago, stevemac said:

Because the England job is a better opportunity and Newcastle are in a situation where they can't go out and spend all the money they have.

1 minute ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Didn’t take long for Bellingham to be turned on. 

I like him a lot but if he was refusing to do media stuff meant for the whole squad whilst being front and centre of his own media campaign I can see why that would cause trouble.

6 minutes ago, The Specky Forum Organiser said:

I like him a lot but if he was refusing to do media stuff meant for the whole squad whilst being front and centre of his own media campaign I can see why that would cause trouble.

He done press conferences, including after the defeat though, wouldn’t blame any England player refusing to give their media any interviews etc either in all honesty.

Wasn’t necessarily talking just about the media though, he was the golden boy 2/3 months ago with everyone, now everything he does is fake, he’s too arrogant and cocky for his own good

16 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Didn’t take long for Bellingham to be turned on. 

playing him out on the left was a horrendous shout in a final, probably frustrated with that at least. 

3 minutes ago, BlueAvenger said:

Some may say England are over rated and don’t have the winning mentality. They have won fuck all for almost 60 years. They always lose to the first decent team they play. 

Do they though? Croatia, Germany (yes, not their usual selves) and Denmark all decent teams in 2021.

Switzerland and Holland decent this tournament

2 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Do they though? Croatia, Germany (yes, not their usual selves) and Denmark all decent teams in 2021.

Switzerland and Holland decent this tournament

None of those teams bar Germany have squads close to what England do and as you said Germany aren't what you'd expect

3 minutes ago, The Specky Forum Organiser said:

None of those teams bar Germany have squads close to what England do and as you said Germany aren't what you'd expect

Of course, but it’s said every tournament as soon as England play a decent team they lose, but the last two Euros they’ve beat decent teams, although on paper the squads aren’t as good as England’s.

Southgate's contract is up in December.  Leaving now gives the new manager the chance to get a few Nations League games under his belt.

He has drastically improved the England set up but fallen short of a trophy.  Maybe tactics were not as strong as his overall organisation skills.

Correct call by Southgate to leave. He has no ego, he knows it's the right decision for the good of his country.

As for Bellingham, he is a generational type of player, but I've thought for a while he is getting too big for his boots. Not the media stuff, but kicking water bottles, leaving his boot in on players, retaliating, etc.. he could do without all of that because he is incredibly talented although not so much at the Euros.

1 minute ago, bluenoz said:

Correct call by Southgate to leave. He has no ego, he knows it's the right decision for the good of his country.

As for Bellingham, he is a generational type of player, but I've thought for a while he is getting too big for his boots. Not the media stuff, but kicking water bottles, leaving his boot in on players, retaliating, etc.. he could do without all of that because he is incredibly talented although not so much at the Euros.

I thought he flattered to deceive at the euros - some sublime touches but not doing enough consistently for me.  Heard some things on Talksport earlier that maybe support the assertion that Bellingham is maybe becoming big headed.