Ibrox Development

5 minutes ago, STRUTH82 said:

It may have been mentioned already, but is there not a rule that European competitions must start and finish at the same ground of the participating team?

No!

4 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

Rangers will step up discussions with the SPFL and potential stadium hosts in the coming days in an attempt to find a new home for the start of the Premiership campaign.

The Rangers Review reported last week that the Ibrox board had been left facing the nightmare scenario of being forced to hit the road for the opening weeks of the season following lengthy delays to renovation works in the Copland Stand.

An issue in the delivery of steelwork from Asia has thrown the project - which will see enhanced disabled facilities and hundreds of new seats installed - into chaos and left executive chairman John Bennett facing huge headaches on and off the pitch. One senior member of staff was subsequently dismissed following the revelation that will come at a significant financial cost to the club.

And boss Philippe Clement faces a treacherous start to his title challenge as Rangers seek an alternative venue for their 'home' fixtures in the 2024/25 campaign and lose the benefit of the Ibrox factor domestically and in Europe. Rangers could face nine matches in August if they progress through the third qualifying round in the Champions League and are handed a home tie in the League Cup.

But it is understood that no solution has yet been finalised as Rangers work through contingency plans that are likely to see them play outside of Glasgow during the first weeks of the term. Supporters reacted with fury at the news they will not be able to take their seats at Ibrox and are still in the dark on the eve of the fixture schedule being released by the SPFL on Thursday morning.

Rangers will not receive the full fixture list until shortly before the matches are made public by the League. As a result, more formal discussions around switches or alternative venues have yet to be held. Rangers will hold further talks with alternative venues and the SPFL as a matter of urgency, and will also have to keep UEFA updated on the situation ahead of the draw for their first tie in the coming weeks.

A club statement last Thursday read: “Rangers has recently been advised of a delay in a materials shipment from Asia which is likely to have an impact on the programme for the completion of the Copland Stand works.

"It is therefore expected, unfortunately, that there will be an impact on matches at Ibrox at the beginning of the 2024/25 competitive season.

"The club has engaged with the SPFL and UEFA in order to review planned contingency arrangements. Naturally, everyone at Rangers is deeply disappointed with this news.

"The club is working intensively to ensure that all steps are taken to deliver the project at the earliest possible date and a further progress update will be issued to supporters in due course."

Absolute utter clowns. 

I have been very sceptical over the years about various posts in here insisting we increase the capacity of the stadium and it will be easy. This well and truly puts that to bed now. 

3 minutes ago, Gman36 said:

Absolute utter clowns. 

I have been very sceptical over the years about various posts in here insisting we increase the capacity of the stadium and it will be easy. This well and truly puts that to bed now. 

It’s the fucking people running the club that are the fuck ups not the actual work itself. I’m sure with proper planning and competent people at the club increasing the stadium capacity would be more than reasonable with little disruption. 👍🏻

3 minutes ago, B1872 said:

It’s the fucking people running the club that are the fuck ups not the actual work itself. I’m sure with proper planning and competent people at the club increasing the stadium capacity would be more than reasonable with little disruption. 👍🏻

That's where you're going wrong mate 

56 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

Absolute shit show again from those in charge. 

I am trying to wait for further info to see what has gone wrong and how they plan to sort it, but this board do seem to fuck things up often. 

It is not the start to the season any of us expected, and I doubt Phil was either.

So it’s only been seven days since the statement telling us about delays to the work.  People are now getting pitchforks out, crying like children and weeping in despair about “needing to know” everything and anything about this.  Let’s wait until the club have got a few ducks in a row regarding where we’re playing, for how long and what the state of play is.  
it’s only been a fucking week and there’s 5 weeks to go before kickoff ffs. 

52 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

So it’s only been seven days since the statement telling us about delays to the work.  People are now getting pitchforks out, crying like children and weeping in despair about “needing to know” everything and anything about this.  Let’s wait until the club have got a few ducks in a row regarding where we’re playing, for how long and what the state of play is.  
it’s only been a fucking week and there’s 5 weeks to go before kickoff ffs. 

Fixtures are released at 9am.

Will have a clearer picture of the home games scheduled for the start of the season.

Then the club can get its finger out and let us know where the games will be played.

5 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

It’s not just RM is it? And rightly so.

Idk I don’t read any other social media and I’m not getting the same panic from people in real life. Concern and anger aye but nobody freaking out saying we’ll not be back till January.

1 minute ago, Tiger Shaw said:

Idk I don’t read any other social media and I’m not getting the same panic from people in real life. Concern and anger aye but nobody freaking out saying we’ll not be back till January.

Again, with the track record of the club it wouldn’t be a shock.

2 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Again, with the track record of the club it wouldn’t be a shock.

I will be genuinely shocked if the stadiums not opened again by January even going by the boards track record.