Ibrox Development

12 hours ago, theblueoysterbar said:

Yeah, are they not in the process of winding down steelworks in the UK?

There was some shit about the steel in that Squinty Bridge being shite because it came from China as well.

Should have ordered from Qatar steel if the UK wasn’t available .However this project will have been awarded last year or year before,so it will have been designed latest last year and the long lead time on the steel from China willl have been well known at time of order.

Anybody know the project Managemnet company looking after this on our behalf?
please tell me it’s not in house.

Just now, The Archer said:

Should have ordered from Qatar steel if the UK wasn’t available .However this project will have been awarded last year or year before,so it will have been designed latest last year and the long lead time on the steel from China willl have been well known at time of order.

Anybody know the project Managemnet company looking after this on our behalf?
please tell me it’s not in house.

The most ironic thing here for me is one of our investors and board members on RIFC still has equity in the business he worked in for decades, who are one of the biggest steel importers in Europe

It's not like the expertise isn't in and around the club. 

1 minute ago, RFC55 said:

Aye a thought it was bullshit cause it came through WhatsApp as a forwarded message and it's not like tarriers to send that shite out.

Materials and lead times just now are a fucking nightmare even for basic stuff, if there's been a delivery date given then changed for any reason that's not a fault of anyone at the club or even the contractors

I'd rather know the full details than screaming it's a shambles etc 

It doesn't add up that we have ripped out half the stand before materials arriving but I guess if we are on a really tight timeline and they wanted it ready to go for when it arrived then I do get that.

It does make a bit of sense that the rumours some of the stuff was fabricated wrong, that could be the reason as to why we have a delay. If they have gone to install something, realised it's wrong, and then put in a re-order, the lead times and shipping would make sense as to why we are waiting. But no idea if that's true or not.

At the last home game of the season the guy in front of me was adamant it wouldn't be ready for August as he still seemed to think some kind of framing, I think he said steel, was still to be dispatched. He seemed to think it was coming from Asia, I'm about 95% sure he said Korea. He's a guy who always has some kind of gossip but he's normally about 10% right and 90% wrong so I took it as shite at the time and forgot about it.

There's been some suggestion that it's not steel and its other materials. There's plenty of companies in the UK that manufacture pre-cast concrete terracing so I don't think it would be that. I'm struggling to think of what it would be if it's not steel. 

8 minutes ago, RFC55 said:

Aye a thought it was bullshit cause it came through WhatsApp as a forwarded message and it's not like tarriers to send that shite out.

Materials and lead times just now are a fucking nightmare even for basic stuff, if there's been a delivery date given then changed for any reason that's not a fault of anyone at the club or even the contractors

I'd rather know the full details than screaming it's a shambles etc 

Aye it came from WhatsApp but when I posted about there being evidence of zero change in weeks you still thought it was bullshit.

There's clearly been a fault from the club considering the executive in charge of it has been sacked and was only found out because someone outside the club asked Bennett what was going on. 

I think for a project that's been planned for over a year is waiting on materials weeks after the project has started is a major fuck up. 

We will never get official confirmation of the full details from this board on any situation, let alone this. So as for waiting for that, you'll be waiting a long time.

37 minutes ago, RFC55 said:

Not buying any shite about asbestos etc, there's asbestos registers and survey works that go on before anything is carried out, most contractors will ask to see this/have independent reports done etc.

The problem is though most hazardous material reports I’ve come across state that the inspections are non destructive inspections only. Meaning they won’t know what behind some walls, ceilings and under some floors if they are not accessible for example. Sometimes removing a wall can create so many issues. 

14 hours ago, Bears r us said:

Probably mate :lol: 

Up in Shetland at the moment visiting family and friends, and not paying as much attention as normal. :innocent:

Maybe 'clusterfuck' would be more appropriate. :hmmm:

Clusterfuck doesn’t even cut it for these fckin clownshoes. 

10 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Aye it came from WhatsApp but when I posted about there being evidence of zero change in weeks you still thought it was bullshit.

There's clearly been a fault from the club considering the executive in charge of it has been sacked and was only found out because someone outside the club asked Bennett what was going on. 

I think for a project that's been planned for over a year is waiting on materials weeks after the project has started is a major fuck up. 

We will never get official confirmation of the full details from this board on any situation, let alone this. So as for waiting for that, you'll be waiting a long time.

Genuinely if you posted it was raining outside I'd need to look and check 

26 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

I'm less bothered by the fuck-up itself (it's a construction project, fuck-ups happen all the time) but by the Club's management of the project. Clearly they i) didn't build enough contingency (or had their heads in the sand) and ii) didn't negotiate the contract properly to ensure any losses would be fully met by the contractor

They've also openly lied to everyone this week by saying the project is outings ptrack and my gut feel is they only released the statement yesterday because the media were about to go out with it and they wanted to get in front of it

That last bit is what Stevie from 4lads thinks has happened. Press got in touch with Bennett and he found out what's really happening instead of the bullshit that was coming out from those in charge.

9 minutes ago, kelvd1873 said:

I think the club should do absolutely everything to keep the games at Ibrox. There must be ways around it. 

How do you suggest making this playable whilst the works go on and need to be done without any further delays?

image.thumb.png.5a9cf9f39eddaf580593b0f3d4377b80.png

Just now, B1872 said:

Edminston House, Bar G51, Walter statue, Champions Wall (ready when we aren’t even champions), memorial garden, Blue Sky lounge, old firm friendly in Sydney, countless fuck ups with kit manufacturers, fuck ups with travel partners, mygers, fined for breaking rules on charging too much for kits, dearest ticket prices in Europe for Champions League and Europa games and now this. Not to fucking mention 3 trophies out of 27 when our rivals have 22 of these trophies. Under this current board and leadership we’ll be 25 trophies behind celtic in the next 10 years. Something massively needs to change as these bastards are destroying the club!

Parklife

3 minutes ago, Dan Deacon said:

How do you suggest making this playable whilst the works go on and need to be done without any further delays?

image.thumb.png.5a9cf9f39eddaf580593b0f3d4377b80.png

When is our first home match? Are you certain the crane will have to stay in position until that time? Are you running the project Dan? If not you have as many clues as I do regarding timelines etc. 

4 minutes ago, B1872 said:

Edminston House, Bar G51, Walter statue, Champions Wall (ready when we aren’t even champions), memorial garden, Blue Sky lounge, old firm friendly in Sydney, countless fuck ups with kit manufacturers, fuck ups with travel partners, mygers, fined for breaking rules on charging too much for kits, dearest ticket prices in Europe for Champions League and Europa games and now this. Not to fucking mention 3 trophies out of 27 when our rivals have 22 of these trophies. Under this current board and leadership we’ll be 25 trophies behind celtic in the next 10 years. Something massively needs to change as these bastards are destroying the club!

.... We didn't start the fire.....🎶🎶

9 minutes ago, B1872 said:

This☝

6 minutes ago, kelvd1873 said:

When is our first home match? Are you certain the crane will have to stay in position until that time? Are you running the project Dan? If not you have as many clues as I do regarding timelines etc. 

Think you might be on to something mate, He’s already said Murrayfield is a quicker journey for him so he may well be the project manager 😂

12 minutes ago, kelvd1873 said:

No but I think common sense says they'd want to continue works interrupted for as long as possible and that shutting down and getting the stadium approved to open for fixtures would be a ballache. If that was an option why wasn't that mentioned yesterday and only mention alternative venues. It's shite regardless but playing at an alternative ground seems like what's needed until works completed.

2 minutes ago, Paisley Blue Loyal said:

Think you might be on to something mate, He’s already said Murrayfield is a quicker journey for him so he may well be the project manager 😂

I'm actually dismantling the entire stadium and moving it to linlithgow so I can walk to games.