Ibrox Development

7 hours ago, Ace said:

I see we're at the club can't do right for doing wrong stage.

We moaned like fuck because the board were saying nothing at all ... Now we're moaning because we don't like what they've said.

Yes, they've handled this terribly but at least they've said something which is better than radio silence until can actually confirm Hampden 

They've put out a holding statement that confirms nothing. And absolutely nothing the press hadn't leaked.

We've moved from the denial- fuck up - silence - holding with a hint of blame -- holding with nothing new confirmed stage.

Only thing they've been competent at this summer is taking my ST money off me on time.

8 hours ago, Ace said:

We moaned like fuck because the board were saying nothing at all ... Now we're moaning because we don't like what they've said.

Yes, they've handled this terribly but at least they've said something which is better than radio silence until can actually confirm Hampden 

Come on man, incompetence after incompetence, mediocrity after mediocrity..

They handle everything they do terribly, and have said fuck all.

8 hours ago, Ace said:

How did you get Bennet’s wee cock out your gub long enough to type this out? 

7 minutes ago, Bydo said:

Doing right would have been commenting long before now.

Doing right would have been having a contingency which could be immediately enacted.

Come to think of it, doing right would have been having competent people in roles which would ensure this shit show didn’t happen in the first place.

There’s nothing to say Bisgrove wasn’t competent to take it on. He oversaw a 250% increase in commercial and sponsorship income. The biggest growth of any premiership club. 
Problem was he fucked off at the start of the extension chasing the dosh of Saudi. 

42 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

There’s nothing to say Bisgrove wasn’t competent to take it on. He oversaw a 250% increase in commercial and sponsorship income. The biggest growth of any premiership club. 
Problem was he fucked off at the start of the extension chasing the dosh of Saudi. 

He knew how to generate revenue alright, and how to BS his ways to promotions, but what on his CV or in general you're aware of gave him the experience or the skill set to successfully manage a complex and tight timescaled building / renovation project?

43 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

He knew how to generate revenue alright, and how to BS his ways to promotions, but what on his CV or in general you're aware of gave him the experience or the skill set to successfully manage a complex and tight timescaled building / renovation project?

Did he not oversee Edmiston House, museum and retail space?  Which has been a rip roaring success. Despite running over. 

50 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

A project manager was hired to oversee the renovation and he got sacked due to the calamity.

8 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

Did he not oversee Edmiston House, museum and retail space?  Which has been a rip roaring success. Despite running over. 

Has it?

What have we made from it? Genuine question btw because I don’t have much of a clue about EH. 

3 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Has it?

What have we made from it? Genuine question btw because I don’t have much of a clue about EH. 

Not sure if it’s been a financial success, but it’s investment in the infrastructure that’s beneficial to the ‘fan experience’ and probably sponsorship. 

They’d talked about ED making an extra £1m per year, but fuck knows if that’s the case or not (suspect not). 

5 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Has it?

Making a small profit so far from the last figures.

https://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/24048413.rangers-new-edmiston-house-accounts-show-30k-profit/

1 hour ago, KeyserSoze said:

He had an extremely low starting point, we were performing well below what should have been expected. I would say he got us to where we would have been if we appointed anyone mildly competent at their job. 

1 hour ago, KeyserSoze said:

Did he have the same responsibility?

He became CEO last summer after it opened?. Did he actually oversee and manage the whole project for Rangers when the commercial and marketing manager?

Yeah whether him or not it they still managed to miss our anniversary (fuck, another missed deadline) and despite investing multi millions have made a rip roaring success of what £30k p.a. profit?

Actually, maybe having missed our anniversary was the experience needed for fucking this one up too....

2 hours ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Like it or not, he brought more money into our club than anyone has for a very, very long time.

38 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Yeah heard that fall guy story.... he can join Bisgrove in sharing blame.

I’m not saying Bisgrove is totally innocent but he’s a sales and marketing man. He probably knows the square root of fuck all about construction

15 minutes ago, East Enclosure Row N said:

Like it or not, he brought more money into our club than anyone has for a very, very long time.

Yes, that's what he was good at, even though it was a low starting place.

I wouldn't put Arnold Clarks best salesperson in charge of building a new showroom but it seems Rangers thought something similar was a good idea for us...

3 hours ago, KeyserSoze said:

16 minutes ago, Bluekev said:

I’m not saying Bisgrove is totally innocent but he’s a sales and marketing man. He probably knows the square root of fuck all about construction

I agree. I doubt he was competent, if he ever was fully responsible. It's not me arguing he was competent for this development work, see Keysore above.

It maybe is convenient to blame him and some project manager (has this been verified yet?) to take the heat off Bennett.

3 hours ago, .Williamson. said:

Has it?

Turning a small profit in the first 8 months is excellent. Something to build on. 

1 hour ago, Bluekev said:

My point earlier was he oversaw the construction and renovations of EH the new store and the museum. 

so he wasn’t completely naive. 

34 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

My point earlier was he oversaw the construction and renovations of EH the new store and the museum. 

so he wasn’t completely naive. 

They most likely had a project manager for that who reported back to him.