Ibrox Development

3 minutes ago, Brackley said:

If drawn with a home fixture first game  in the Europa League we absolutely must play that at Ibrox even if it's with 3 or 3 1/2 stands open.

Otherwise we will have to play all our home European games at Hampden right through to February. 

Sure I read that there's some wiggle room there for us. The reason the rule exists is to stop teams moving from their home ground to a bigger ground (national stadium) to gain an advantage. Our case is different to that. Obviously not a given that UEFA would still allow us to switch back but certainly not as clear cut as I initially thought the same as you did.

4 minutes ago, Jakes Pal said:

As far as I am aware, there are 3 lifts from the concourse.

Never really paid much attention but it seems a better spot to watch the game from. Hopefully access to and from the area isn't a nightmare of there's loads trying to use only 3 lifts.

1 hour ago, Brackley said:

If drawn with a home fixture first game  in the Europa League we absolutely must play that at Ibrox even if it's with 3 or 3 1/2 stands open.

Otherwise we will have to play all our home European games at Hampden right through to February. 

That's not exactly true. We can apply to play one or two at Hampden and there's precedent for other clubs doing similar. It's not guaranteed but we can apply and have a good chance of it being approved.

The rule is in place basically to stop clubs gaining a sporting or financial advantage. i.e. say Killie get a big English club and want to move their game against them to Hampden, they wouldn't be allowed to do that.

16 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Hopefully access to and from the area isn't a nightmare of there's loads trying to use only 3 lifts.

I would imagine that the wheelchair Bears would simply have to arrive in plenty of time before kick off. There is after all, only so much you can do in a limited space with regards to accessability.

1 hour ago, Prso's headband said:

All backslapping and thank you the great board of Rangers now. It’s been a huge part of the reason as to why our transfer budget this summer has amounted to under £3m. 

Should we not have improved facilities for our disabled fans?

2 hours ago, Prso's headband said:

All backslapping and thank you the great board of Rangers now. It’s been a huge part of the reason as to why our transfer budget this summer has amounted to under £3m. 

Do we know the cost? Not like its a huge change in terms of seat capacity although accept a great enhancement in terms of disability access

3 hours ago, Prso's headband said:

Capital spending in a company via grants and investments are not allowed to be spent on players. It’s ring fenced for capital projects. 

that didn't affect the money used to bring in players, clements inability for game management cost himself and the club money to bring in players.

17 minutes ago, Kents_Hook said:

that didn't affect the money used to bring in players, clements inability for game management cost himself and the club money to bring in players.

38 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

Capital spending in a company via grants and investments are not allowed to be spent on players. It’s ring fenced for capital projects. 

Yeah forgot Hampden was free eh. 

Do I? Completely missing the point as usual. 

Your point is that instead of spending money on the squad we spent money on Ibrox. You therefore think that was the wrong decision. 

is that correct?

On 23/08/2024 at 09:13, Lord Lockin said:

Do you really think this is the real reason.

So what is the reason mate. Please enlighten us? Because I've lost my seat and been moved and the cantilever is now there and the disabled fans will be going there.

I can't keep up with the world of conspiracy theories so can you point out what I'm missing.

Cheers in advance 

A fan of Nostradamus