Expectations for 24/25 at this moment in time

1 hour ago, adam2102 said:

I’ve read a few times about this squad being the worst since gerrard’s first season. However the lineup against Ufa was Morelos, Kent, Arfield, Jack, Ejaria, Candeias, Tavernier, Goldson, Katic, Flannagan, McGregor. I’d argue that first 11 is stronger than the 11 that started today. 

That lineup on paper is actually much better than what we have now, even then we had an inform morelos tav, goldson and McGregor plus I would have a kent and candeias ten times over what we have now, Arfield was always good for a goal too, this is actually grim 😞

The decision to hand Beale all that cash last season without proper due diligence will go down as one of the worst decisions the club has ever made. We're years away from fixing it.

We better hope by miracle we manage to pull some rabbits out the hat in terms of loan/lucky signings and get bids for players we need to sell, but I wouldn't hold out much hope. This will be a painful season - the boards management since 55 should be a blueprint for how not to run this football club for the rest of time. 

9 hours ago, Colin Traive said:

When we won the league in 2011, it was number 54 and it put us 12 ahead of the scum.

More than likely they will catch us this year.

Just let that sink in.

Years and years and years of totally incompetent management in virtually every department of the club with the only light in the darkness, our 55th title, otherwise they’d be going for fourteen in a row.

😔😔😔

Correct it’s a fucking shambles. This board need to help our manager get into the CL, win the league and give celtic some doings this season. It’s now or never. No more fuck ups allowed. 

35 minutes ago, kelvd1873 said:

Correct it’s a fucking shambles. This board need to help our manager get into the CL, win the league and give celtic some doings this season. It’s now or never. No more fuck ups allowed. 

I'd settle for some lower expectations - like where are the goals going to come from, or who's going to be our RB?

Right now, I couldn't tell you.

Looking very much like Tav is offski, and the best of luck to him - but we are going to miss him like fuck.

The situation is about as bad as it gets. 

In a worse state than last season with a group of players the support is done with. As talentless and weak a group as you’ll find anywhere but paid huge amounts of money to embarrass us again and again - the cunts are going nowhere unless some mug pays them decent money. 
CL money is huge and could maybe start to change our fortunes but there is absolutely no way this group will qualify - we’ll be torn apart by any half decent side in the qualifiers 

When Clement goes - whether he’s sacked or walks - we are going to see Alex fucking Rae in charge for the rest of the season because no decent coach in their right mind will touch this shit show

If there is no miracle turnaround in the next couple of weeks we will see Hampden or Ibrox or wherever the fuck we end up playing with thousands of empty seats by the turn of the year. 

9 hours ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Always been an absolute gimp of a poster 

Could be worse I suppose I could hate the fucking life out our club and despise everything about it. Bit like you tbh. 
You could always change your username to @Rangers_no2 

watching games sucking a lemon. 

12 hours ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

Still plenty of time for work to be done, but at this exact moment this is easily the worst squad we’ve had since Gerrard’s first season.

Plenty of time in the transfer window to add yes

But we start the season in two weeks. If we don't add better quality by then we could easily be behind in the league early and out the champions league qualifiers. 

Gerrards first 11 in his first league game would actually beat this lot. It's criminal how far we've regressed under this board.

Screenshot_20240721_085507_Samsung Internet.jpg

12 hours ago, PromDeAnglais said:

Genuine question, what's positive for you at the moment?

I'm a negative bastard so I'm struggling to see anything to get excited about this season.

Shifting older done in players that we all said should go and a few perma injured (7 out the door)

“There are several older players who left the club who were not at their peak any more - like Jon McLaughlin, Borna Barisic, Ryan Jack - and they're replaced already by young talented people” - PC

Probably first team squad additions - Jefte, Barron Cortes and Diamande - let’s see how that goes. 

Danilo coming back from injury. 

It’s certainly far from perfect there’s a couple of weeks of business left before kickoff and another three or four left after that. 

I just refuse to join the narrative on here - right now - all the doom and gloom does my tits in. 

2 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

Shifting older done in players that we all said should go and a few perma injured (7 out the door)

“There are several older players who left the club who were not at their peak any more - like Jon McLaughlin, Borna Barisic, Ryan Jack - and they're replaced already by young talented people” - PC

Probably first team squad additions - Jefte, Barron Cortes and Diamande - let’s see how that goes. 

Danilo coming back from injury. 

It’s certainly far from perfect there’s a couple of weeks of business left before kickoff and another three or four left after that. 

I just refuse to join the narrative on here - right now - all the doom and gloom does my tits in. 

everything-is-fine-all-ok-1.gif

3 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

I don’t want to sound like a doomminger, but are you not worried about the damage that could be done in August if we adopt a there’s still six weeks to go mentality when it comes to transfers?

Reaching the CL was always going to be a stretch, I think the gulf in quality is just too high, but if we do that and also drop points at Tynecastle and against that lot (which looks a possibility considering how toothless we are just now) then we are massively on the backfoot before the first month of the season is even over.

I think a couple of big signings in the next 7-10 days could really lift the mood, but I can fully understand why people are frustrated and angry right now.

Not qualifying for the Champions League, games at Hamoden, and being 5 or 6 points behind will make everything utterly toxic on September 1st. It's bubbling right at the surface with the fan base. It won't take much to come out.

13 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

I don’t want to sound like a doomminger, but are you not worried about the damage that could be done in August if we adopt a there’s still six weeks to go mentality when it comes to transfers?

Reaching the CL was always going to be a stretch, I think the gulf in quality is just too high, but if we do that and also drop points at Tynecastle and against that lot (which looks a possibility considering how toothless we are just now) then we are massively on the backfoot before the first month of the season is even over.

I think a couple of big signings in the next 7-10 days could really lift the mood, but I can fully understand why people are frustrated and angry right now.

I get that and we all want instant success, me included. But there’s a huge task to undertake and people underestimate the absolute mess Beale left -  this will take time to clear up. 
There’s folk on here predicting getting beat from Hearts - why is that? who goes into a game predicting getting beat, especially the first game of the season. There’s hyperbole on here that’s doing my nut in. 

Like you said if we add one or even two before kickoff the mood might change. For some though Ronaldo could walk in that door and they would still be moaning about sell on or something else. 

Hope fan anger is directed towards the clueless suits.

All we ever hear is how much of the board are Rangers men. They’re money men first and have ran the team into the ground with their idiotic appointments.

Nobody thought to pump the brakes on the 5th 25k a week if we get him back to his best signing.
Or when the wage bill got to over £60m, starting that season as your rivals won another treble. 

The tincan soap box that cost over £10m so they could have a wee granite bench outside it. 

We’ve still got cunts on that board who appointed Pedro ffs

Zero excitement heading in to the new season - have a feeling people will be having the same conversations on here in a years time about getting players out the door. Every signing made so far in this window has been far from inspiring.

With this side I doubt we'll do anything but I expect some quality to be signed. 

That aside we still look slow and cumbersome in possession and clueless out of it. 

Quite depressing to watch us against man utd youth side .