Expectations for 24/25 at this moment in time

2 hours ago, KeyserSoze said:

I swear down some people get a semi flaccid every time that cunt McInnes gets mentioned on here. 
fucking horrendous attitude 

Am his biggest supporter on this forum and in a ideal world we'd get better in. It's a sign of how far we've fell since Gerrard left that he's probably our best option again 

1 hour ago, KingKirk said:

Am his biggest supporter on this forum and in a ideal world we'd get better in. It's a sign of how far we've fell since Gerrard left that he's probably our best option again 

He’s mentioned continually - before a new manager, when we dip, if we loose a run of games. It’s annoying as fuck to think a manager who has won absolutely next to nothing in his career. Was happy as fuck to come second and third to the tramps when we were in the lowers - is good enough for us.
His level is Kilmarnock. Leave him there and stop thinking about him. 

4 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

He’s mentioned continually - before a new manager, when we dip, if we loose a run of games. It’s annoying as fuck to think a manager who has won absolutely next to nothing in his career. Was happy as fuck to come second and third to the tramps when we were in the lowers - is good enough for us.

Coming best of the rest with Aberdeen on a regular basis isn't really a stick to beat him with

20 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

Outwith a Scottish First Division what had Alex McLeish won as a manager when we appointed him?

Need to really temper our expectations. 

Fully ready for us to finish closer to third than first, even with some new signings, no champions league, Europa league if we are lucky!

Think we need to endure a few more years of real pain before we will be anything like a decent football club again. 

Oh - and sacking the manager is not the answer.  

You know what, at least we're finally getting rid of a lot of this dead weight.

There will undoubtedly be some short term pain here, but if we can get the decisions right on who comes in this could be the proper refresh that's we've needed for ages.

Kinda resigned myself to this being a transition season (obviously hope for more), but if (big if based on previous) we can get the right players in and see progress in the right direction, with a healthier age and value fo squad it might get us moving in the direction we need for longer term success and sustainability.

Expectations rock bottom but hope long term rising with every player linked with a move away. If we can shift the bulk of this squad then it’s a good start. Seems to be a lot happening today. Happily take a hit for a couple of seasons to turn this around as long as we get it right. 
Matondo and Dessers gone would be the ultimate result 

Fuck me, I was reasonably happy with the game against Hertha Berlin not brilliant but four good goals.

Then I come on here and read all the negative posts about how our season is finished before a ball is even kicked. C'mon guys lets give them a chance Rome wasn't built in a day and all that.

Lets see how we start against Hearts before we slash our wrists.

Yes the board has fucked up the stadium rebuild and we are really short of big money men backing us but in Big Phil I trust. We will get the three points at Tynecastle and things will get better.

1 hour ago, bluenose48 said:

Fuck me, I was reasonably happy with the game against Hertha Berlin not brilliant but four good goals.

Then I come on here and read all the negative posts about how our season is finished before a ball is even kicked. C'mon guys lets give them a chance Rome wasn't built in a day and all that.

Lets see how we start against Hearts before we slash our wrists.

Yes the board has fucked up the stadium rebuild and we are really short of big money men backing us but in Big Phil I trust. We will get the three points at Tynecastle and things will get better.

We played Hertha as well? No wonder the defence was fucked!

On 25/07/2024 at 23:06, KeyserSoze said:

I am generally of this opinion too, however I think we fare better with Scottish/British managers and Walter himself recommended McInnes for the role.

We desperately need a centre back, centre mid and winger in in the the next 10 days. A right back too if Tav leaves.

Preferably 2 centre backs as all our current ones aren't good enough but I can't see that happening and I'm accepting we won't sign a striker either and we will be relying on the likes of Lawrence staying fit and being our 10 this season.

My expectations are a less than exciting centre back, Sima will join towards the end of the window, a centre mid on loan and Tav will stay for one more season.

Absolutely none now.

We’ve shifted (or are shifting) just about all of our ‘better’ players, and brought in no one or any real worth.

We weren’t good enough to win the league last season, and we’ve got rid of the better ones and just left the backups.

It’s not a rebuild, it’s just a fire sale of any one of value we can get rid of.

Not a fan of Goldson, Borna, Lundstram, Jack, Cantwell, Roofe etc, but their pish understudies are even worse. 

2 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Absolutely none now.

We’ve shifted (or are shifting) just about all of our ‘better’ players, and brought in no one or any real worth.

We weren’t good enough to win the league last season, and we’ve got rid of the better ones and just left the backups.

It’s not a rebuild, it’s just a fire sale of any one of value we can get rid of.

Not a fan of Goldson, Borna, Lundstram, Jack, Cantwell, Roofe etc, but their pish understudies are even worse. 

This is exactly what it is. The same as what happened to Eck all those years back.

These fucking wankers are going to kill what Rangers was all about. 

Sickening tbh 

My expectations have gotten lower and lower by the day tbh. 

We've done some good work in getting rid of a lot of higher earners, but we haven't been generating the income required to replace them with quality signings.

Wages will hopefully be redistributed with new signings but i can see a few loans / free agent signings. 

Feels like another transitional season, but one I think has been needed a while. Feels like a massive change is happening this season compared to the past. 

11 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Absolutely none now.

As you said, this isn't a rebuild, we're just stripping our assets.

I would actually be more understanding if the board were open and said we need a transitional season due to poor recruitment and financial management in recent years and will be investing in youth and younger players with potential who we'll give plenty of game time to, but as always they say nothing.

We're now going into the weekend where I'm not even sure any new players will start. Maybe Cerny? But he's not kicked a ball for us yet so that's not a guarantee. So as you said, it's just the same squad as last season, minus some of the better players.

On 25/07/2024 at 16:06, KeyserSoze said:

What a bizarre thing to say. How in the name of fuck was he to pip celtic to the league at Aberdeen?

of course he’d be happy to come 2nd.

we’ve barely laid a glove on celtic since our return to the spfl and have squandered millions trying to do so.

One of the scariest things about the state of our squad is just how many areas need improvement.

You think “centre forward has to be a priority” and then you talk about our options out wide and suddenly go “actually another wide player has to be our priority” then you think about the options at centre half and you realise that needs to be a priority and so on it goes across just about the entire squad.

Just a wall to wall shitshow and a season you know can effectively be written off before a ball is even kicked because of how underprepared we are.

League and probably both cups over before a ball is kicked. 

Can't see any signings of note either.  We will probably go with Soutar, Davis, Balagun and King as our 4 CBS.  

Filled with absolute dread, will get turned over at Tyne castle and can't see us getting past Kiev in the qualifiers. 

Absolutely not good enough. 

9 minutes ago, CottonRunt said:

League and probably both cups over before a ball is kicked. 

Can't see any signings of note either.  We will probably go with Soutar, Davis, Balagun and King as our 4 CBS.  

Filled with absolute dread, will get turned over at Tyne castle and can't see us getting past Kiev in the qualifiers. 

Absolutely not good enough. 

The thought of actually getting into the CL proper with this squad gives me PTSD from the last time.