Is Clement getting an easy ride?

8 minutes ago, King Jela said:

What was the idiotic part of my reply? 

He should've punted him that January and definetely should'vepunted him for 16 million the following summer.

In a month he'd managed to miss chance after chance in 2 games against the scum, miss a penalty and then get himself sent off for diving. Then 2 months later he was dropped for Tynecastle away for being a prick again. 

His 'massive role' in 55 is massively over-exaggerated as well. 11 goals he scored for the 55 season, in fact he only scored in 9 league games. 

We should've punted him for the 16 million. We didn't and he walked away for fuck all after wasting our time for 3 years.

He had a massive role for a couple of months after Christmas tbf

3 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

He had a massive role for a couple of months after Christmas tbf

Of the 19/20 season? 

Didn't score a single league or European goal after getting sent off at Parkhead up until the shut down. 

His only goal was in the cup against Accies.

16 minutes ago, Lovenkraaands said:

How are you supposed to engage with this level of idiocy?:lol:

I don’t even know where to begin because what you’ve said makes zero sense.

Morelos’ actions before and during the 2019 League Cup final merited severe repercussions, but Gerrard retained Morelos in the fold due to his input; both existing (29 goals that season) and pending (a large role played in our 55 season).

Taking in other people’s opinion isn’t your strong suit, is it?

@King Jela made it quite clear that Gerrard’s indulgence was poorly rewarded after the league cup shambles, but you continued to prod.

You got what you deserved.

3 minutes ago, King Jela said:

I wasn't ranting. 

You were clearly misinformed regarding Morelos, hence why I quoted you about the Morelos part. 

Do you always get this defensive when you're wrong? 

:lol:

It’s this point I’ll remind myself not to entertain stupid people when they quote me. Bystanders can’t tell who the stupid one is.

1 minute ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Lowry, Hagi and Cantwell would all offer more than Lawrence. There's clearly issues surrounding all 3, but PC has also effectively antagonised / written off our no10s prefering whatever the fuck Lawrence is meant to be.

At least one if not all the 3 would get better returns if they were given the extended opportunity Lawrence is. Instead all 3 will likely be the next ones to leave for fuck whilst we invest in Lawrence wholl go for fuck all when his contract expires in May (no issues him being off the books but Clement made enough noise about losing assets ooc when Borna, JL, Jack etc all left in the summer).

For me this carry on with players skipping out the door when out of contract is all our own doing and we’re gonna feel the effects of it for some time.  

Borna, Kent, Lundstrum Helander et al are a fabulous template for players of a certain ilk looking to maximise income for average application/commitment whilst seeing out their deal with us to go onto their next payday.  

Teammates will be well aware of the potential advantages in this path hence the recurring issue.  

2 minutes ago, King Jela said:

Of the 19/20 season? 

Didn't score a single league or European goal after getting sent off at Parkhead up until the shut down. 

His only goal was in the cup against Accies.

55 season. Scored our two goals away at Pittodrie, our only goal away at Hibs and Livi.

1 minute ago, Lovenkraaands said:

:lol:

It’s this point I’ll remind myself not to entertain stupid people when they quote me. Bystanders can’t tell who the stupid one is.

Your ego has took a right battering, clearly. 

4 hours ago, .Williamson. said:

Why are you pretending the pressure is from 4 games? 7 wins in the last 19 games is where we are atm.

Spending near 2 million on a player that’s apparently not fit enough to play Scottish football is mind blowing aswell. Whoever sanctioned that when we’re skint and in desperate need of a new striker needs sacked never mind anything else 

We don't know for definite if it was " near " 2 million,

One of the fan podcasts also queried that valuation but I do agree about the where is he?  part

1 minute ago, HG5 said:

Taking in other people’s opinion isn’t your strong suit, is it?

@King Jela made it quite clear that Gerrard’s indulgence was poorly rewarded after the league cup shambles, but you continued to prod.

You got what you deserved.

Gerrard’s ”indulgence” was rewarded by 29 goals that same season and 17 the following, en route to 55.

Yet, you observe that as poor? I’d love hear you elaborate on that one.

I think PC is a bit stubborn, demanding and not the molly codding type and that is not going down well with quite a few players in our camp. I think a few want a bit of hand holding when it is not going well and PC is not of that ilk. They want a friendly, pally, jokey type boss but he is a demanding one. He strikes me as a bit cold and unemotional except for irritation or superficial humor.   

19 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

And that’s why there is no chance of him getting sacked.

He’s the lightning rod for the incompetents above.

Credibility wise though, in two weeks time he’ll be done.

He’ll be done, but he’ll probably solider on until we weather all the other storms.

I know people say this all the time, and it’s usually exaggerated, but our job is in the least appealing place it’s been in since we sacked Mark Warburton and look at the clown we ended up with after that.

Any manager who was to come in right now would be on a hiding to nothing and the club can barely even hide that, downplay it or bullshit their way out of it at the moment, and that would be reflected in the calibre of manager we would get. I would have serious reservations about who would end up in the dugout right now.

1 minute ago, Lovenkraaands said:

Gerrard’s ”indulgence” was rewarded by 29 goals that same season

No it wasn't :lol:

As I pointed out, he'd scored 26 before the LC final. His 'indulgence' was rewarded with a further 3 goals between the League cup final and the season ending in March. 

Youre talking shite. 

2 minutes ago, Lovenkraaands said:

Gerrard’s ”indulgence” was rewarded by 29 goals that same season and 17 the following, en route to 55.

Yet, you observe that as poor? I’d love hear you elaborate on that one.

I haven’t checked the numbers, but if true and 26 of those 29 goals were BEFORE the league cup episode, then 3 in the following 12 IS poor.

And 17 when we’re winning the league?

Only 12 of which were IN the league?

When we scored 92 league goals?

You’re taking the piss - Colak & Dessers have been or are wanted drummed out for posting those sort of numbers!

So, yes, there’s your elaboration for you.

7 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

He’ll be done, but he’ll probably solider on until we weather all the other storms.

I know people say this all the time, and it’s usually exaggerated, but our job is in the least appealing place it’s been in since we sacked Mark Warburton and look at the clown we ended up with after that.

Any manager who was to come in right now would be on a hiding to nothing and the club can barely even hide that, downplay it or bullshit their way out of it at the moment, and that would be reflected in the calibre of manager we would get. I would have serious reservations about who would end up in the dugout right now.

The highlighted bits are pure truth and add in the lack of money. We sack PC, no one of any quality comes near us.

I don't like where we are but getting rid of PC is shooting ourselves in the head.

If the 16 million offer was real then it was our own greed that fucked us with Morelos. The guy cost us 1 million quid and we are turning down an offer which would give us 12-14 million in profit (after Helsinki got their cut) and if we are all honest Morelos was never really the same player for us after that, he always gave off an air of being checked out unless it suited him. 

I still loved the guy to death, even in his worst moments, but he’s the poster child for how bad we have been at player trading and how quickly an asset can become a liability if you don’t sell them at the right time.

4 minutes ago, HG5 said:

I haven’t checked the numbers, but if true and 26 of those 29 goals were BEFORE the league cup episode, then 3 in the following 12 IS poor.

And 17 when we’re winning the league?

Only 12 of which were IN the league?

When we scored 92 league goals?

You’re taking the piss - Colak & Dessers have been or are wanted drummed out for posting those sort of numbers!

So, yes, there’s your elaboration for you.

I couldn’t care less how many goals were scored before and after Christmas.

My point - which your slow-minded friend was incapable of grasping - was that Gerrard made accommodations for Morelos due to his contribution.

Whether it’s the first red under Gerrard against Ufa, or the five that season, or the League Cup final disaster, Gerrard retained him in and around the group because his contribution.

His contribution under Gerrard was around 120 goals and assists in around 160 games.

Yet, you crack on and critique a Rangers striker who dare only score 17 goals in our greatest season for 13 years.

9 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

If the 16 million offer was real then it was our own greed that fucked us with Morelos. The guy cost us 1 million quid and we are trying to hold out for even more money and if we are all honest Morelos never really the same player for us after that, he always have off an air of being checked out unless it suited him. 

I still loved the to death, even in his worst moments, but he’s the poster child for how bad we have been at player trading.

Spot on.

If we missed the boat with the £16M offer, then we should have exerted ourselves to sell him in the summer that followed Seville. Allowing him and Kent to leave for nothing was atrocious business.

25 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

We know how it will be.

Shite results, Crowds dwindle, Board go into self preservation mode and we then get their useful idiots to besmirch him.

No-one deserves to work under this board, they cannot survive this.

4 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

We know how it will be.

Shite results, Crowds dwindle, Board go into self preservation mode and we then get their useful idiots to besmirch him.

No-one deserves to work under this board, they cannot survive this.

Can't wait to see what wet wipe they finally hire as CEO in two months time.