Is Clement getting an easy ride?

9 minutes ago, Blue Hugh said:

Not even sure McInnes would take the job and might knock us back again

I wouldn’t be surprised.

1 minute ago, DT78 said:

The only manager in Scotland I would consider taking is Stephen Robinson.

We’re sinking so low, that doesn’t disturb me as much as it should.

I was against it when he was initially linked with us, but fuck it, gamble on Lampard. Can we get any worse?

He took Derby to the Championship Play-Off final and qualified for the Champions League with Chelsea, having had to cope with a transfer embargo. A total shitshow after the embargo was lifted and again at Everton, but if he done well at Chelsea and Goodison, we wouldn’t get near him.

1 hour ago, STEPPS BOY said:

We know how it will be.

Shite results, Crowds dwindle, Board go into self preservation mode and we then get their useful idiots to besmirch him.

No-one deserves to work under this board, they cannot survive this.

I see Kris Boyd is already out with another puff piece against him. The board are laying the groundwork early.

2 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

I agree with Boyd when he says the game is becoming dictated by sports science and too many statistics.

Players used to run through brick walls for the cause. Now they are mollycoddled.

Apparently Clement operates absolutely in tandem with the sports science data re players fitness etc.  

1 minute ago, Amokachi said:

Apparently Clement operates absolutely in tandem with the sports science data re players fitness etc.  

I wouldn't even say 'in tandem' mate. The sports science team is selecting the starting eleven!!

8 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

I agree with Boyd when he says the game is becoming dictated by sports science and too many statistics.

Players used to run through brick walls for the cause. Now they are mollycoddled.

Yep the game is being held hostage by data and sports science

13 minutes ago, Amokachi said:

Well they give him the data & he works from that afaik. 

So they give Clement data saying he can't play 60 minutes, yet if the game had gone to extra time he would have played 75 minutes. The games fucked.

2 hours ago, Amokachi said:

For me this carry on with players skipping out the door when out of contract is all our own doing and we’re gonna feel the effects of it for some time.  

Borna, Kent, Lundstrum Helander et al are a fabulous template for players of a certain ilk looking to maximise income for average application/commitment whilst seeing out their deal with us to go onto their next payday.  

Teammates will be well aware of the potential advantages in this path hence the recurring issue.  

After rightly making a song and dance of it with the 5 who left then you'd expect moving on those who will go ooc in summer 2025 would be a priority.

That Lawrence looks a guaranteed starter, with no hint of being moved on, despite being in that OOC group for next summer is pretty ridiculous. Actually seems like Clement must really rate him 🙄 We're being rode up the arse by players in too strong a position, and now a manager with a contract we can't afford to terminate even if there was a Board will to.

And Koppen is mired in shit too, as it stands his contribution to the 'rebuild' is Barron and pretty much fuck all else.