Is Clement getting an easy ride?

The gaffer 2nd part of his presser is up now 

Doesn't want to leave the club despite having opportunities to do so. Feels a responsibility to rebuild us and will rebuild us. 

We had to make a change this summer because the club was heading in a bad way again and no Fan wants what happened 12 year ago. 

1 minute ago, kris1984 said:

Just watched the presser. Pass the bleach, gaffer starting to sound like he’s burst. If he hadn’t signed a new contract I’d think he’s working his ticket.

What? This was all going on before he signed a new contract. 

3 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

If this is indeed a project then those who have been told to leave but are refusing then just send them to train with youths.

If club have high hopes for Rice, Curtis and others then let’s see them instead of these wasters.

I mean if we're looking at writing off the season anyway, then why not play the players that want to be here, give them a chance. Its going to be hard to swallow no matter what happens, but I think most of us would be willing to swallow if there were at least some glimmer of hope for the future. 

23 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

The gaffer 2nd part of his presser is up now 

Doesn't want to leave the club despite having opportunities to do so. Feels a responsibility to rebuild us and will rebuild us. 

We had to make a change this summer because the club was heading in a bad way again and no Fan wants what happened 12 year ago. 

That's the second time in a week he's mentioned that. If there's something going on tell us before it gets out of hand.

8 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

If this is indeed a project then those who have been told to leave but are refusing then just send them to train with youths.

If club have high hopes for Rice, Curtis and others then let’s see them instead of these wasters.

Rice should start tomorrow. The boy has talent he needs a chance.

10 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

The dressing room must be toxic. Players have been asked to leave and they refuse. Not exactly team camaraderie.

Exactly ,imagine players on big money and they know the club don’t want them !  No wonder these pre season games the players looked disinterested not bothering their arses , would you?

1 hour ago, MacBoyd said:

Rice should start tomorrow. The boy has talent he needs a chance.

If Davies is one of them then Jettison  him - Are King and Fraser good enough, probably not, but i’d rather see them than Davies.

Dowell - Rice, Nsio, Mckinnon.

Cantwell and Hagi can get fucked.

Wright - whoever.

it’s more likely we’ll end up subsidising their wages as they go out on loan to elsewhere.

5 minutes ago, Ivybank said:

Exactly ,imagine players on big money and they know the club don’t want them !  No wonder these pre season games the players looked disinterested not bothering their arses , would you?

What do you want him to do? Make shite players the cornerstone of the team?

This was said multiple times in pre-season.

Just now, STEPPS BOY said:

If Davies is one of them then Jettison him - Are King and Fraser good enough, probably not, but i’d rather see them than Davies.

Wright - whoever.

It wont happen as it’s more likely we’ll subsidise their wages as they go out on loan to elsewhere.

Could be worth going 3 at the back if we are having to play Davies.

Just now, J-Maestro said:

Could be worth going 3 at the back if we are having to play Davies.

I wouldn’t involve him but if no-one else comes in it’s something we should be considering, esp for parkhead.

Protects Tav and Jefte, Sterling, Dio and Barron in middle and Dessers up top with Cerny near to him.

1 minute ago, STEPPS BOY said:

I wouldn’t involve him but if no-one else comes in it’s something we should be considering, esp for parkhead.

Protects Tav and Jefte, Sterling, Dio and Barron in middle and Dessers up top with Cerny near to him.

Been saying it since April I think it could mask alot of our weaknesses

1 minute ago, STEPPS BOY said:

I'm suggesting it, but if he goes with it and it's worse it wasn't my idea.

My only worry is I don't think Tav has the engine to be an attacking presence on the right even with three at the back now. It's just whether there would be enough going forward although Souttar is going at breaking the lines with the ball at his feet too.

6 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

If Davies is one of them then Jettison him - Are King and Fraser good enough, probably not, but i’d rather see them than Davies.

Wright - whoever.

it’s more likely we’ll end up subsidising their wages as they go out on loan to elsewhere.

Davies is defo one of them, and so are Wright and Matondo. it's about time we gave Archie Stevens a chance in place of Wright

Just now, J-Maestro said:

I'm suggesting it, but if he goes with it and it's worse it wasn't my idea.

My only worry is I don't think Tav has the engine to be an attacking presence on the right even with three at the back now. It's just whether there would be enough going forward although Souttar is going at breaking the lines with the ball at his feet too.

It’s my issue with manager. He doesn’t have players for 4-2-3-1 but sticks with it religiously. It might not work but surely trying it is worth a shot.

7 minutes ago, J-Maestro said:

What do you want him to do? Make shite players the cornerstone of the team?

This was said multiple times in pre-season.

I never mentioned clement! I’m talking about the players ,in his defence he’s forced to play players that know their not wanted 😞

I'm hoping his persistence with the 4-2-3-1 formation is more due to the lack of options in the squad to be more flexible. 

A quick look at his time during Brugge would suggest he was pretty flexible with his tactics. Switching from 4-2-3-1, to 4-3-3 and even 3 at the back formations.

I share the concerns about going to Parkhead with the 2 in the middle. If we do go with the 2, I'd hope it was Sterling and Barron in the middle. The 2 of them have the energy levels (if both fit) we need for going in with that tactic.

13 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Not sure for run of mill games but going to their shithole with this 4-2-3-1 would be footballing suicide.

Absolutely as would playing tav. We cannot do that.

2 minutes ago, MacBoyd said:

Absolutely as would playing tav. We cannot do that.

Thought that on Tuesday when he was getting skinned for pace.

Maeda hasn’t started a game for them this season i don’t think but he’ll be straight in against Tav.