Is Clement getting an easy ride?

I still dont think this is Clements fault,im really still under the impression he has had the wool pulled over his eyes,then given a new contract to stop him walking away from the shit show he has actually been left with.In his interviews he has admitted that the rebuild was much more than he was expecting or told about,he hasnt hidden the fact that he has had his hands tied behind his back regarding finances.This for the moment is the boards fault as far as im concerned,they have well and truelly fucked him over to the extent he cant even field a decent team.We shouldnt be shouting about getting rid of Clement its the board who need to go first and foremost,then we let the new board /owners decide whats best .

2 minutes ago, RFCHTID said:

I still dont think this is Clements fault,im really still under the impression he has had the wool pulled over his eyes,then given a new contract to stop him walking away from the shit show he has actually been left with.In his interviews he has admitted that the rebuild was much more than he was expecting or told about,he hasnt hidden the fact that he has had his hands tied behind his back regarding finances.This for the moment is the boards fault as far as im concerned,they have well and truelly fucked him over to the extent he cant even field a decent team.

He compared the win against County to today. I don't think he will be able to turn it around now as he doesn't get it.

There was a way to face the media today, he chose the weak option of stats and the last result.

3 minutes ago, RFCHTID said:

I still dont think this is Clements fault,im really still under the impression he has had the wool pulled over his eyes,then given a new contract to stop him walking away from the shit show he has actually been left with.In his interviews he has admitted that the rebuild was much more than he was expecting or told about,he hasnt hidden the fact that he has had his hands tied behind his back regarding finances.This for the moment is the boards fault as far as im concerned,they have well and truelly fucked him over to the extent he cant even field a decent team.

He has no style of play, he wont drop Tav, players look uninterested under him. the team look disjointed etc. is that not on him? 

My issue is he doesn’t seem to learn when we play against that mob. 5 goes he’s had at it and we have lost the game in the middle of the park every time. 

His refusal to change things when it isn’t working is worrying. It’s fine against Ross County and the rest of the shite in the league but against the taigs and in Europe we will get found out.

2 minutes ago, sausagetrunks said:

He has no style of play, he wont drop Tav, players look uninterested under him. the team look disjointed etc. is that not on him? 

Lets be honest if he drops Tav who is he going to play in that position?Cant be sterling as he's playing mostly midfield at the moment due to the lack of players we have there?The team looks disjointed due to all the changes thats happened in a short time or that the fact some of these players are actually 2nd maybe 3rd choice targets as we dont have the finances to buy any better.The board should have backed him and got his players he wanted in before the european deadline and we would have still been playing in the qualifiers,not picking about the bargain basement on the last day of the fire sale.

15 minutes ago, RFCHTID said:

I still dont think this is Clements fault,im really still under the impression he has had the wool pulled over his eyes,then given a new contract to stop him walking away from the shit show he has actually been left with.In his interviews he has admitted that the rebuild was much more than he was expecting or told about,he hasnt hidden the fact that he has had his hands tied behind his back regarding finances.

Yes, but he has had this issue at previous clubs. No obvious style, no tactics, no philosophy, no plan B. Garbage.

16 minutes ago, RFCHTID said:

its the board who need to go first and foremost,then we let the new board /owners decide whats best .

Yes

25 minutes ago, Jimfanciesthedude said:

We couldn't afford it, the 3 seasons leading up and including the title win we needed massive investment every season to cover the losses, had we sold morelos and Kent pre title win theres a good argument we don't win the league because we wouldn't have replaced them

We didnt have seasons of CL money and assets like dembele etc to flog to fund a title campaign, we literally spent everything we could to stop the ten, wages we literally couldnt afford on guys like davis, defoe, roofe etc, yeah they all played their part in 55 but then what

Tarriers lined up replacement after replacement for their players, we lines up fuck all, was win at all costs and absolutely no forward thinking 

Once we eventually started bringing money in for players we were playing catchup on building a solid and sustained squad and since the title win its been patch job after patch job instead of a full on surgery

The loss to malmo and the start to the gerrard/gio season indicated the writing was on the wall and a full blown rebuild was going to be needed, seville took our eye off the ball and its massively cost us

That misses the point.

If we spend 20 million pounds and get no return. Thats unaffordable.

If that 20million is spent assembling a squad of assets that can be sold for more than 20 million. Thats affordable.

We needed to naturally front load spending to compete under Gerrard. Which we did. 

After we won 55 and the EL final we had a squad of sellable assets. 

Morelos, Kent, Kamara should all have been sold when it was clear they had no interest in being here.

Jack, Roofe, Davis etc etc should have been moved on.

There was a natural window after 55 but especially after Seville, that we got our recruitment badly wrong.

It might even have meant we didn’t win the league that year but it would have set us up in a far better position to have won last season and this.

Pragmatism isn’t really his thing. It’s the same structure with different players in each position rather than adjusting based on the opponent and their strengths. That’s not a position we can take when we aren’t at the top.

We feel too far away now to be looking like we will win anything. Any cup win is a sad, yet, very real accomplishment.

15 minutes ago, RFCHTID said:

Lets be honest if he drops Tav who is he going to play in that position?Cant be sterling as he's playing mostly midfield at the moment due to the lack of players we have there?The team looks disjointed due to all the changes thats happened in a short time or that the fact some of these players are actually 2nd maybe 3rd choice targets as we dont have the finances to buy any better.The board should have backed him and got his players he wanted in before the european deadline and we would have still been playing in the qualifiers,not picking about the bargain basement on the last day of the fire sale.

it has to be Sterling or the new signing, he 100 percent needs dropped, he is a captain and he does not lead the team,, you can not lose the ball and jog back. 

i really hope he turns it around, i mean that but he needs to start by dropping a guy who has been brutal all season.  

I gave up on him entirely today.

That was entirely down to how we are coached and has absolutely nothing to do with the level of player we have. The level we have is completely capable of beating everyone in this league if they’re coached properly and directed to play an attacking high press style of football. That passing around in the middle of the park to just have possession is fucking nonsense.

He’ll not be going anywhere though so expect me to make loads of shite jokes about stories for the foreseeable 

Might get my name changed to the storyteller 

11 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

No it won’t be. We extended his contract so there are many chapters to this story 

Once it turns toxic in the stands or the fans stop going and it hurts the finances the board will find money to sack him.

They'll happily take that out of whatever transfer budget we have next year so they don't need to sign any players and hope for a new manager bounce.

We all know it.

2 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

I gave up on him entirely today.

That was entirely down to how we are coached and has absolutely nothing to do with the level of player we have. The level we have is completely capable of beating everyone in this league if they’re coached properly and directed to play an attacking high press style of football. That passing around in the middle of the park to just have possession is fucking nonsense.

He’ll not be going anywhere though so expect me to make loads of shite jokes about stories for the foreseeable 

Might get my name changed to the storyteller 

100% down to the coaching. He doesn't seem able to get them fired up either.

For all the shouting and pointing at the side of the pitch the players don't react.

20 minutes ago, sausagetrunks said:

This is my biggest criticism of him the style of play. He's been here since October and it's still clear what style/system hes actually trying to implement 

Just now, GaryMc said:

Once it turns toxic in the stands or the fans stop going and it hurts the finances the board will find money to sack him.

They'll happily take that out of whatever transfer budget we have next year so they don't need to sign any players and hope for a new manager bounce.

We all know it.

Fans won’t stop going. Our fanbase is weak as shite when it comes to any kind of protesting. 

When we get back to Ibrox the place will be sold out because everyone just wants to get back to our home. Loads of the fanbase think we just need better players and he’s blameless aswell

Strap yourself in mate, we are shite and it’s not changing