Clement Signs New Contract

Clement: “John, I can’t do this. How do you expect me to compete with no transfer budget?”
Bennett: ”Please don’t go Phil. Here, have another £10K per-week and a twelve months extension”
Clement: “Deal.”
Graeme Park: ”Has anyone seen my multi-pack of chomps?”.

It won’t be about the “extra year” it’ll be new terms on what was previously agreed as well as the extra year. Clearly an intelligent man so you’d expect he’ll have sought certain assurances within his new terms which I think can only be a positive. 

1 minute ago, Lovenkraaands said:

Clement: “John, I can’t do this. How do you expect me to compete with no transfer budget?”
Bennett: ”Please don’t go Phil. Here, have another £10K per-week and a twelve months extension”

Hilarious mate 

Just now, The Godfather said:

Hilarious mate 

Thanks. If I can bring humour to just one man at a time when there is little to be positive about around the club, it’s a small win.

On a serious note, we’re an absolute shambles, top-to-bottom.

This season should have been an all-out assault on those bastards to protect our trophy haul, but what we’re getting isn’t even remotely close to being good enough.

Excellent ! Im right behind him,of course there are some things he has to learn and change but love his attitude and professionalism.

He doesn't accept shite or a poor attitude, wants to get us where we need to be as a club .

Drive on Gaffer This is the way!!

4 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

If anything it's decisions like this that make me think Bennett won't bother with a CEO.

You think the news that he's soon going to deliver is that he's not going to bother?

8 minutes ago, Lovenkraaands said:

😂😂😂Winner.

Just now, Roy Hobbs said:

You think the news that he's soon going to deliver is that he's not going to bother?

Possibly not even bother saying anything. He's good at keeping silent. 

Everything seems very odd with the whole position.

Trying to foster a sense of stability, I assume. Not a bad move given how things have gone the last few years.

Suggests a reassurance towards Clement from the Board that their expectations are of long term, rather than short term success.

Bold move, hope it works out.

Just now, esquire8 said:

Possibly not even bother saying anything. He's good at keeping silent. 

Everything seems very odd with the whole position.

He committed to having news on that 3 days ago. I don't think ignoring the situation is an option.

25 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

I quite like the board’s conviction.

I don’t like what we’ve seen in terms of the style of play - if it wins us the league no cunt will rightly care but if it’s shit plus not winning football surely not even Specky has the patience for that.

He has to show he can beat the fenians, at least at home as a minimum. Go another couple without beating them and we know what’s inevitable - no-one survives going OF after OF not being able to win.

I'm not sure why you've mentioned me here, my position on any manager we've ever had or ever will have is all I care about is winning football.

This feels more like a statement from the board tbh.

I think they've felt the rise in criticism being aimed toward Clement and this is their way of saying they won't endorse it.

1 minute ago, Roy Hobbs said:

He committed to having news on that 3 days ago. I don't think ignoring the situation is an option.

Look how long it took him to come out with the stadium stuff, and that was only because of huge pressure from the support. 

To go over two months without a CEO and in that time make big decisions over the clubs future that the CEO would make is strange.

Just get the feeling he likes having the executive power now he's retired.

Just now, DeanMK said:

This feels more like a statement from the board tbh.

I think they've felt the rise in criticism being aimed toward Clement and this is their way of saying they won't endorse it.

But then this only aims the criticism back at them and in particular Bennett, who's making all the calls now. 

Just now, esquire8 said:

Look how long it took him to come out with the stadium stuff, and that was only because of huge pressure from the support. 

To go over two months without a CEO and in that time make big decisions over the clubs future that the CEO would make is strange.

Just get the feeling he likes having the executive power now he's retired.

So why say 3 days ago he'll have news soon? If I was wanting to ignore something I wouldn't be talking about it.

Just now, Roy Hobbs said:

So why say 3 days ago he'll have news soon? If I was wanting to ignore something I wouldn't be talking about it.

Because he was asked the question about it. A question that the support want answered but now has delayed that until during the season. 

I just have a feeling about it. 

2 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Trying to foster a sense of stability, I assume. Not a bad move given how things have gone the last few years.

Suggests a reassurance towards Clement from the Board that their expectations are of long term, rather than short term success.

Bold move, hope it works out.

This is a very positive and optimistic take on the situation which I admire, but can’t align with.

We’re so financially unstable that we’re operating a one-in, one-out transfer policy. While most big clubs are heading to the US or Asia to exploit commercial opportunities, we went to the Netherlands. Yet, we’ve offered a contract extension and inevitably a pay increase to a manager who not only is the Jury very much still out on, but who had three years remaining on his existing deal?

Clement‘s comments two weeks ago which implied he had been mis-sold the landscape are now appearing very timely.