The actions of the support

How can we enact change?  

90 members have voted

1. 1. How can we enact change?

• Positive action? (Getting more behind the team/manager/ board)
    • Protests/boycotts
    • A mix of both

Should be demonstrations against the board now. It’s went on far too long, again. They’ve put us in this position, nobody else. Ultimately they sign off on the transfers, the £15m kitty to Beale etc. 

The rot has got to stop or we’re facing another decade of being dominated. We’re a complete mess

As much as Clement is giving me the absolute fear with tactics and team selections he’s not exactly working unhindered by off field issues. Given the manager carousel I’m prepared to back him for now. I think the board are a bigger concern and there’s no way we can change management in the middle of that. The board need to go or be majorly refreshed atleast. 

I've started watching my local non league club as it's only down the road, I'll still absolutely take a season ticket when it becomes available but there's literally zero joy in supporting us at the minute, and has been for a couple of years tbh 

36 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

When that lot protested they wanted a manager sacked and money spent that their board was hoarding. Aside from the fact we aren’t very good as a support at protesting anything, we also don’t have any money stored away.

We are just absolutely skint. I don’t know what we would actually be looking to achieve with a protest

Still remember when the other clubs voted to dump us down the leagues and people where still attending their stadiums. We really do have idiots in our support.

I really appreciate everyone for putting in input or opinions in any fashion. I have tried with other areas of the support to which it's just been shot down. I get everyone is different and has varying ideas which is completely okay. It's difficult when there's such a large number but I'm glad those who have responded have, even including @Tiger Shawwhom we had a misunderstanding earlier. We all want the same thing and have differing ideas on how to do it. 

1 minute ago, RossS1873 said:

I really appreciate everyone for putting in input or opinions in any fashion. I have tried with other areas of the support to which it's just been shot down. I get everyone is different and has varying ideas which is completely okay. It's difficult when there's such a large number but I'm glad those who have responded have, even including @Tiger Shawwhom we had a misunderstanding earlier. We all want the same thing and have differing ideas on how to do it. 

Where else did you ask it? FF?

I haven’t been on there recently but what are they actually discussing atm if nothing is allowed to be criticised. There’s nothing good happening at Rangers just now so are they just watching reruns of successful seasons?

1 hour ago, RM Monitor And Standards Officer said:

The league was basically over yesterday, come three weeks we will be a minimum 5 behind.

If the taigs score early they will take 5 or 6 off of us, it'll be an absolute bloodbath 

They’ll be rubbing their hands. They’ll be 2 or 3 up in the first half hour 

As well as being shite our players are physically weak  - can’t be fucked with this season already 

The board are living on another planet if they think that 4 year contract is going to make any difference if they stick when things get really bad. Good luck at the AGM and when it comes to season tickets renewal after ignoring your supporter base. 

2 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Where else did you ask it? FF?

I haven’t been on there recently but what are they actually discussing atm if nothing is allowed to be criticised. There’s nothing good happening at Rangers just now so are they just watching reruns of successful seasons?

Yeah, it was a few weeks ago, maybe a few weeks after the cup final. They have loads of people on there so just wanted a varying concensus. The thread was removed after maybe 10 minutes. No point in saying anything now. The asking post threads of utter shite and newspapers but serious stuff is removed

Honestly the board/manager/players have left me absolutely scunnered.

One of the most positive cunts that's always looking for something to cling onto. In the past two weeks between ST payments, Kiev and Birmingham I've spent 600 quid. I'm now starting to question it and why I do it.

I'll always have the ST but I'm close to not buying the other games. I'm absolutely scunnered. Manager making excuses for drawing at hearts and then says we miss Lundstrom, claiming it will be a good point come the end of the season, Warburton levels of nonsense.

Then we have the board who are fucking brilliant at reading the room and gave him a new deal when I don't think I'd heard one fan claim that we need to get him on a new deal.

I'm absolutely fucking scunnered 

Nail on the head mate. Usually after dropping points I'd be hoping and praying someone else does us a favour like Kilmarnock today but I don't even think I'll bother checking the score. Fed up

1 minute ago, RossS1873 said:

Yeah, it was a few weeks ago, maybe a few weeks after the cup final. They have loads of people on there so just wanted a varying concensus. The thread was removed after maybe 10 minutes. No point in saying anything now. The asking post threads of utter shite and newspapers but serious stuff is removed

It’s a great forum ruined by the admin team on it

Honestly, out of my mates I'm always one of the last ones to turn, I always want to give benefits of the doubt and try for a positive but I see none. 

I don't know what it is I'm supposed to be positive about nor when these guys who will be signed to take us forward despite already having 8 or 9 signed.

Genuinely so deflated 

Think most on here will know that with your posts over the years. Never seen you this downbeat and fucked off at the start of a season like this...not even in the lower league days.

For me personally it's because I've watched this movie play out year after year and I know the ending...its staring me in the face and that's what is so depressing for me. 

I could get behind a year or so of a proper rebuild and re-think if the manager, players and boardroom gave any glimpse of forward thinking and progression but it's the same rubbish we have been served up since we came back up bar 1 solitary season. 

I don't want my kids growing up and thinking this is the norm and this is what Rangers is, that's terrifying for me. I want my club back to what it was and has been since I can remember and long before I was here. 

I'm not putting in anywhere near as much money or time as many on here including you but I have over the years and do when I can but it really is becoming a chore and it should never be that with Rangers. 

Feels like we went through hell a decade ago for absolutely nothing.

1 hour ago, .Williamson. said:

We can’t do anything in truth.

Even if we protested the board there’s no cunt coming in to buy a Scottish football club when there’s no real money to be made from it. Unless you’re a supporter of one of the sides there’s very little appealing about Scottish football 

What so we just accept it then?

1 minute ago, B1872 said:

What so we just accept it then?

Don’t know mate. What would you be hoping for with a protest? Genuine question btw because I’ve given my reasons for why I don’t think it would actually lead anywhere

Like if there was money hoarded away somewhere or there was interest from a buyer and the board were blocking it then I could see the end game with a protest, but there’s none of that, so what could you see being achieved?

Sick of Bennett giving it the we want to win pish, nobody wants/deserves to win more than the fans, we pay the money, he takes his money and he is treating the fans with contept with all the soundbite shite, in 4 weeks we go to the piggery and if we are still struggling then it will get a whole lot harder for him and his manager. 

3 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Don’t know mate. What would you be hoping for with a protest? Genuine question btw because I’ve given my reasons for why I don’t think it would actually lead anywhere

Like if there was money hoarded away somewhere or there was interest from a buyer and the board were blocking it then I could see the end game with a protest, but there’s none of that, so what could you see being achieved?

I feel I agree with you too much recently 😂 

14 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

It’s a great forum ruined by the admin team on it

Theres so many people and you get loads of good info on it including transfer stuff, but it's really ruined by Dingwall and co deleting threads (Theres been 4 about the awful flag yesterday removed) and moderating some amount of garbage instead of letting it be a place for opinions which is what a forum should be. You can't talk about protests but we need to see the newspapers every day. So weird and its a place that really could help make a difference

I honestly think the attendance for the Kiev and St Johnstone game will be an eye opener for how the fans are feeling towards the club atm. Unfortunately I genuinely don’t think the board will take any responsibility for that or even give a fuck. I’m close to be doing with the lot of them tbh! 

1 minute ago, B1872 said:

I honestly think the attendance for the Kiev and St Johnstone game will be an eye opener for how the fans are feeling towards the club atm. Unfortunately I genuinely don’t think the board will take any responsibility for that or even give a fuck. I’m close to be doing with the lot of them tbh! 

It'll be the winter months when they plummet. We'll be close to double digits behind them by Halloween, if we aren't already, and we'll probably still be playing at Hampden. Folk will say fuck going to sit in the pishing rain and cold at a stadium that isn't even ours.