***** The Official Rangers v Motherwell Match Thread *****

1 hour ago, graeme_4 said:

Feels more like Cantwell fucked it, and Hagi is being pushed out tbh.

Hagi's agent has been mouthing off since the start of the summer saying he will be leaving and even said something along the lines of he might not even come back to training. 

14 minutes ago, The Specky Forum Organiser said:

Hagi's agent has been mouthing off since the start of the summer saying he will be leaving and even said something along the lines of he might not even come back to training. 

Like Cantwell he probably thought clubs would be queuing up to sign him.  Although I think we have more chance of selling Hagi than Cantwell.

58 minutes ago, The Specky Forum Organiser said:

From what I know Hagi has done everything asked of him by Rangers, even if his agent & Dad are always bumping their gums.

Cantwell doesn’t appear to have. 

3 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

From what I know Hagi has done everything asked of him by Rangers, even if his agent & Dad are always bumping their gums.

Cantwell doesn’t appear to have. 

Might be the case but it's hard for a club to include a player in their plans when their agent is telling the world that the player will be leaving the club.

Just now, The Specky Forum Organiser said:

Might be the case but it's hard for a club to include a player in their plans when their agent is telling the world that the player will be leaving the club.

Did it with Morelos for years, although don’t disagree. He should go and is probably a saleable asset. 

1 hour ago, Blueshoff said:

Like Cantwell he probably thought clubs would be queuing up to sign him.  Although I think we have more chance of selling Hagi than Cantwell.

I get that it happens, but feels pretty arrogant (and maybe short sighted) to think that after you throw your toys out the pram, like you have done with so many other clubs, there will all of a sudden there will be a queue of teams lining up to sign you.

As opposed to say, knuckling down at training and getting in the team, showing how good you are on the park, and drumming up some interest

1 minute ago, CoplandRoad83 said:

I get that it happens, but feels pretty arrogant (and maybe short sighted) to think that after you throw your toys out the pram, like you have done with so many other clubs, there will all of a sudden there will be a queue of teams lining up to sign you.

As opposed to say, knuckling down at training and getting in the team, showing how good you are on the park, and then accepting the offers when they come in when your stock is higher.

That's not just a problem with young footballers nowadays, that attitude is endemic in society in general.

52 minutes ago, Big Al 55 said:

I think we should just get used to the fact Tav and Dessers will start most games this season 👍

Wright, Lawrence, Dowell hopefully not 👍

I thought Lawrence looked a bit more mobile and fitter on Tuesday.  Played his part in the goal late on.  

1 hour ago, Big Al 55 said:

I think we should just get used to the fact Tav and Dessers will start most games this season 👍

Wright, Lawrence, Dowell hopefully not 👍

Dessers is our best striker so I'd hope so.

5 minutes ago, J-Maestro said:

Dessers is our best striker so I'd hope so.

I’d still rather we had a better option for the duration of the season. But that’s not happening.

I’d also argue he’s our best fit striker 👍

34 minutes ago, Big Al 55 said:

I’d still rather we had a better option for the duration of the season. But that’s not happening.

Are you meaning if Danilo was fit, he'd be our better striker?

54 minutes ago, Big Al 55 said:

Fully fit Danilo will still be second choice 

3 minutes ago, Tiger Shaw said:

Fully fit Danilo will still be second choice 

Not sure that will be the case. Massive if obviously and I'm not sure he will get back to what he was but Clement tried to sign him at Brugge and played him over Dessers last season so he obviously likes him.

7 hours ago, Blueshoff said:

I think so too. I don't think we're even getting rid of Cantwell, because of that lack of interest.

Don't understand how he can just decide he isn't playing and there's nothing we can do about it.