***** The Official Rangers v Dynamo Kyiv UEFA Champions League Third Round Qualification Match Thread *****

Just now, westenclosure2008 said:

He puts in good crosses if he has plenty of time but other than that he doesn’t look good. Did we not used to have a left back that all he was good at was crossing a ball? 

He is, what, 20? How many matches are you willing to give him before you want him punted?

4 minutes ago, BlueThunder said:

Our exit tonight was entirely on the referee, taking into account the two teams that entered the two leg tie second leg.

There are other areas that need to be looked at, but all things being equal we would probably have gone through were it not for a monumentally idiotic decision by a referee that cannot be challenged by VAR.

Let’s stop interacting.

I have no words for that first paragraph.

1 hour ago, graeme_4 said:

Wouldnt be bothered tbh.

Started well but tailed right off. Another ‘should do better’ goal conceded by him.

His start of the season has been terrible, he nearly gave away a third with a terrible kick out as well. 

35 minutes ago, westenclosure2008 said:

The ridiculous red card tonight didn’t help but it wasn’t our downfall. Kiev aren’t a great side and we didn’t lay a glove on them bar one minute out of the 180 minutes. I’ve backed Clement but he made a royal cunt of it tonight from start to finish. Dropping a player that has an assist and a goal in his first two games and must be high in confidence is unexplainable. I’ve heard people claiming he had a knock or fit enough but he brought him on to potentially play 75 minutes. The team is an absolute shambles and I can honestly see us finishing 3rd prob behind the sheep. 

Clement said post match he was “ advised “ by the medical department cerny couldn’t play 90mins . 

8 minutes ago, Ivybank said:

Cerny not fit

danilo not fit

igname not fit 

Cortes injured

yilmaz injured 

sterling never fit 

raskin injured 

7 and counting  but clement was going to overhaul the medical department 🤡

if you get injured you’re injured and there’s fuck all revamping the medical team makes no difference

Cerny won't be far behind in getting up to full fitness.

No idea what the situation is with Danilo.   On the subs bench for the 4 competitive games this season but not been given a sniff in any game.    Not as if Dessers has been playing out of his skin.   A weird situation.

Cortes and Raskin both injured and not much you can say about that scenario.   I thought both looked OK pre-injury.

Igamane is  a slightly strange situation as although he signed about 6 weeks ago he apparently didn't train with us for the first few weeks.   A young professional footballer shouldn't be very far behind in fitness.   He looks solid in training pics so hopefully we see him soon.

Sterling has seemed to have picked up a few minor injuries recently but over the piece he has proven to be a useful player for us.   He's come off the bench in the last 3 games so hopefully he can get back to his previous level quickly. 

Yilmaz injured again and no doubt out for another long spell.  A terrible signing as a player and injury-prone to boot.

9 minutes ago, Lovenkraaands said:

I said around twenty minutes ago that the ref’s decision was wrong. I even added that he was card-happy in our direction.

What I won’t do is look at that tonight and blame our exit on the referee.

All stones need to be turned. It's not impossible to suggest corruption is at play, especially with an Italian ref. 

At the very least, UEFA needs to feel the anger from the club.

It can't just be ignored.

Just now, bluenoz said:

All stones need to be turned. It's not impossible to suggest corruption is at play, especially with an Italian ref. 

Write a letter to UEFA mate because I refuse to be dragged into a discussion that will end up on a Paddy Power’s Fan Denial video or whatever the Tarrier’s equivalent of Kerrydale Meltdown is.

4 minutes ago, BlueThunder said:

He is, what, 20? How many matches are you willing to give him before you want him punted?

I think given the position we are in that any player coming in for decent money should be able to contribute immediately. We’ve got loads of 20 year olds and under that won’t be good enough, no need to buy more of them. 

22 minutes ago, Lovenkraaands said:

I sat in the north stand and spent 45 minutes watching Jefte and Yilmaz trying to impersonate footballers.

On the one occasion Yilmaz actually lost his man and found space, Jefte decided not to play a through ball into said space, but instead toe-blast it off his heel.

His crossing was abysmal and his first yellow was completely justified; he stamped on the Kiev player’s foot. It also wasn’t the only foul he committed; there were two or three petty ones.

I completely disagree with your suggestion that he was playing well. Then again, is that playing well by our current standards?

I'm afraid I totally disagree with you about Jefte.

5 minutes ago, Ambrogio said:

Clement said post match he was “ advised “ by the medical department cerny couldn’t play 90mins . 

Why not give him the first 45 then? Go in the front foot from the off. It’s very negative thinking to keep him for the second 45. I sometimes think Clement overthinks stuff. Start your best team in my opinion. 

11 minutes ago, westenclosure2008 said:

He puts in good crosses if he has plenty of time but other than that he doesn’t look good. Did we not used to have a left back that all he was good at was crossing a ball? 

Jefte wasn't playing at left back though he was playing as a winger.  We are going to have to agree to disagree.

Just now, Lovenkraaands said:

Write a letter to UEFA mate because I refuse to be dragged into a discussion that will end up on a Paddy Power’s Fan Denial video or whatever the Tarrier’s equivalent of Kerrydale Meltdown is.

That's the boards' responsibility. Do you think UEFA are going to listen to fans? Seriously.

Why not give him the first 45 then? Go in the front foot from the off. It’s very negative thinking to keep him for the second 45. I sometimes think Clement overthinks stuff. Start your best team in my opinion. 

I agree with ye mate . Even if clement got an hour out of him we could have won the tie by then . 

When I saw the line-up  I fully expected McCausland to have been told to try and run them ragged then bring on Cerny in second half.  I really think the game plan and match changed on the red card.

27 minutes ago, Lovenkraaands said:

I sat in the north stand and spent 45 minutes watching Jefte and Yilmaz trying to impersonate footballers.

On the one occasion Yilmaz actually lost his man and found space, Jefte decided not to play a through ball into said space, but instead toe-blast it off his heel.

His crossing was abysmal and his first yellow was completely justified; he stamped on the Kiev player’s foot. It also wasn’t the only foul he committed; there were two or three petty ones.

I completely disagree with your suggestion that he was playing well. Then again, is that playing well by our current standards?

Yilmaz looks like he’s never played football before at the start of every season. Guessing he rips the arse out of it in the summer. 

6 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

That's the boards' responsibility. Do you think UEFA are going to listen to fans? Seriously.

I was being sarcastic which was out of order, so apologies.

I thought the referee was terrible, but I thought we were astonishingly poor. McCausland’s pass-back aside, we were dreadful. It wasn’t worth £3, never mind £30. The referee could have been giving us decisions left, right and centre and we’d still have lost tonight.

Clement’s immediate response to their first being to throw Propper up-front, then them instantly exploiting the space he left to score a second is living rent free in my mind tonight.

2 minutes ago, JCDBigBear said:

When I saw the line-up  I fully expected McCausland to have been told to try and run them ragged then bring on Cerny in second half.  I really think the game plan and match changed on the red card.

To me that is a negative and really poor game plan to say we’re not going to win it early but let’s tire them out and grind out a win. Our biggest successes in Europe have come from coming out all guns blazing in the first 20 minutes. Put the shiters up teams and get the crowd behind the team. 

3 minutes ago, Lovenkraaands said:

I was being sarcastic which was out of order, so apologies.

I thought the referee was terrible, but I thought we were astonishingly poor. McCausland’s pass-back aside, we were dreadful. It wasn’t worth £3, never mind £30. The referee could have been giving us decisions left, right and centre and we’d still have lost tonight.

Clement’s immediate response to their first being to throw Propper up-front, then them instantly exploiting the space he left to score a second is living rent free in my mind tonight.

My thoughts exactly. How shite has Danilo become if your first thought is to stick a centre half up front and send Matondo on.

6 hours ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Should Clement and the players not expect to win the league then?

We might fall short but every person connected to the club should be fighting with every sinew expecting we’ll win the league until we can’t.

As a support that means supporting, instead of fucking it off and not even watching a game like @SkylineBlue.

Chucking it already is just fucking mental.

That group of players don’t think they can win the league. That group are about as heartless and talentless as comes - fighting with every sinew ? Where’s the fight in that shower of shite - this club is in serious trouble 

5 hours ago, bluenoz said:

It's not corruption mate . More likely one of those refs showing UEFA with the ' look at me not afraid to make big decisions against a hostile crowd ' then making a rip roaring arse of it . 

Up until then it was pretty 50/50 , anyone's game . 

Just now, Gaffbear said:

My biggest worry is with this money they're going to leave us in their wake for years to come .. 

It’s reality. They don’t have to do anything to stay well ahead of us - our squad is full of poor overpaid players who we can’t get rid of. 
Apart from Butland and maybe Barron I’d happily see the back of every one of them but these grippy cunts are going nowhere. 
The lack of quality is clear to see but there’s zero fight or passion in these pricks either - I honestly can’t see any way out of this mess any time soon. 
We’re now just trying to be the best of the rest in Scotland and hope some other cunt can knock celtic out of a cup.