Shambles from top to bottom

2 minutes ago, Swagger said:

6 injuries this season already and Igamane nowhere to be seen. 
Clement basically saying players aren’t wanted but we are stuck playing them and we can’t bring in any sort of quality

Cantwell fucking about and Hagi in the wilderness too

Yep we are a shambles 

I’ve been desperate for change in the medical department for years. Ever since we brought in a software injury predictor we have been a complete disaster. 

24 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

I’ve been desperate for change in the medical department for years. Ever since we brought in a software injury predictor we have been a complete disaster. 

Boyd in his column this week basically said he wonders if he'd played half the games for us that he did, if Walter was taking advice from the GPS/Medical dept. 

12 hours ago, Dado'sMulls said:

Did anyone see Robert Marshall on FF making a passionate defense of his pal John Bennett? Basically "he's my friend so leave him alone" :lol:

Thankfully even the FF crowd were quick in telling him to shut his puss. 

Just read through the thread in question haha. It was as pathetic as you described it.

That prick is a boot-licking bastard. 

5 hours ago, Swagger said:

6 injuries this season already and Igamane nowhere to be seen. 

Aye, what is the script with this one? 

Get really mixed messages from the supposed ITK's. Ranging from 'he'll be ready soon' to 'he'll no be ready this season' in typical Chinese whispers among the Rangers support fashion.

33 minutes ago, King Jela said:

Just read through the thread in question haha. It was as pathetic as you described it.

That prick is a boot-licking bastard. 

"Don't talk about my pal even though he constantly makes decisions that cost the club millions because he only charges 8%interest on his loans and I give out rolls and bacon to my punters"

10 hours ago, westenclosure2008 said:

I get that things aren’t great from the boardroom to the dressing room but the toxic atmosphere around the club really isn’t going to help. Tuesday was the worst atmosphere I’ve experienced for fans getting on players backs. Actually felt that some people wanted players to make a mistake just so they could have a go. It’s hard just now but we need to back whoever is on the park 100% and leave the protests to the Bheasts. I don’t think the fans will be selling the club to any prospective signings at the moment. 

We've backed them for years now and have only went backwards.

Our fans are the one good thing about our club. To blame our fans who are the best in the world at following a team is embarrassing. Clubs would kill to have fans like ours. 

1 hour ago, Somemightsay7 said:

We've backed them for years now and have only went backwards.

Our fans are the one good thing about our club. To blame our fans who are the best in the world at following a team is embarrassing. Clubs would kill to have fans like ours. 

Tbh we are probably too loyal . That might not be the best way to word it , my point being that if we are 10 points behind at Xmas we will still sell out away tickets to follow the team . We are desperate for success and the adulation the players get probably isn’t warranted . We just love the club and are desperate for the club to do well . 

Wonder how we structure our contracts vs other clubs.

Not sure if we’re striking the right balance and putting enough value on appearances etc.

So the players that are shit or chuck it are incentivised to get onto their agents and find a move when they realise they’re getting paid fuck all.

There’s obviously a balance as players want security. But we seem to have a lot of players that are more than happy to sit in the reserves or the medical room and collect a wage.

Our problem hasn’t really been the Goldson’s or Lundstram’s. It’s been the shite that have hung around not contributing that we can’t shift. 

7 hours ago, psb07158 said:

We have a June year-end so we won't know the full extent of this until after next year's accounts are released. Will be able to glean some intel from the accounts to Jun-24, but not a whole lot. 

Though last year we had a £10m operating loss which Bennett said he was going to close. This year he said in his interview they've managed to "make progress" against that, so presumably knocked a few £m off that number, but they'll likely be forced to include a provision for the stadium debacle by the auditors in the year to Jun-24. I'd imagine probably a £10-12m operating loss again? Though question mark over the Elite settlement and whether this is also forced to be provided for in the accounts for the year to Jun-24. 

In the year to Jun-25, Lammers, Lundstram, Barisic, Goldson, Jack, Roofe all leaving probably saves about £150k a week , so say £8m. If Bennett makes a further dent in that 'old' £10m figure and no longer has the stadium nonsense (as it was provided for in the year before, it won't 'impact' the next year's accs as essentially we'd have already taken the pain on it), given we are clearly downsizing and signing no other cunt, we could probably get close to a break even position with no Champions League football but if attendances dwindle this year then again that will likely drive operating losses. 

We have spent about £8m in transfer fees but they will be at significantly lower wages (the full transfer fee won't impact the P&L, but the wage saving benefit will come through)

Tl;dr: no cunt knows, but likely to be making significant operating losses over the next few years

Also worth noting that your profit does not equal your cash flow - we are not a cash rich football club, we are heavily indebted to our shareholders. Clearly the investors have got to the point where they are saying no more money in (though Bennett was forced to stick an extra loan in following the stadium issues)

Cheers mate. Grim reading and we’re basically pinning hopes on getting rid of high contract players and those we are replacing them with being able to be sold within 12-18 months. Will take years for that to happen. Essentially hoping that Barron, Nsiala, Igamane and Jefte will be sold in the next year or so to try and stop the losses and then the same again to try and pay back investors to get out of this mess because by that point we won’t even have EL football…

8 hours ago, psb07158 said:

We have a June year-end so we won't know the full extent of this until after next year's accounts are released. Will be able to glean some intel from the accounts to Jun-24, but not a whole lot. 

Though last year we had a £10m operating loss which Bennett said he was going to close. This year he said in his interview they've managed to "make progress" against that, so presumably knocked a few £m off that number, but they'll likely be forced to include a provision for the stadium debacle by the auditors in the year to Jun-24. I'd imagine probably a £10-12m operating loss again? Though question mark over the Elite settlement and whether this is also forced to be provided for in the accounts for the year to Jun-24. 

In the year to Jun-25, Lammers, Lundstram, Barisic, Goldson, Jack, Roofe all leaving probably saves about £150k a week , so say £8m. If Bennett makes a further dent in that 'old' £10m figure and no longer has the stadium nonsense (as it was provided for in the year before, it won't 'impact' the next year's accs as essentially we'd have already taken the pain on it), given we are clearly downsizing and signing no other cunt, we could probably get close to a break even position with no Champions League football but if attendances dwindle this year then again that will likely drive operating losses. 

We have spent about £8m in transfer fees but they will be at significantly lower wages (the full transfer fee won't impact the P&L, but the wage saving benefit will come through)

Tl;dr: no cunt knows, but likely to be making significant operating losses over the next few years

Also worth noting that your profit does not equal your cash flow - we are not a cash rich football club, we are heavily indebted to our shareholders. Clearly the investors have got to the point where they are saying no more money in (though Bennett was forced to stick an extra loan in following the stadium issues)

Plus bew europa league set up will mean more money this season from it maybe? 

My Protest is the only way I know.

Not paying for fuck all or going to Hampden during these uncertain times of a misleading and lieing board.

Giving my tickets for the shothole away.

However as much as it pains me 3 grandkids still demanding every strip, trackie hoodie or zipper that fits them, that I don't mind keeps 3 more born and bred ready to follow on.

accepted we are winning fuck all this season a long time ago the most gutting thing for me is the shit we are gonna need to go through to again rebuild it's like starting over again 3 years after a league title making a European final,  making the champions league and  player sales of at least 25-30mill. 

Why do we find ourselves back at the bottom of the mountain?

Have we just to write off the next 3-4 years whilst we become more efficient and streamlined? 

They'll be sitting on 6/7 IAR by the time we will be ready to compete again. The pressure will be really starting to build for whoever the manager is. They won't let it go again like they did the last time if it gets within reach. So this is a huge gamble on our part tbh. I hope the board know what they're doing and have a plan.

We are worse than early 80s even then when rebuilding 3/4 of the stadium we still played there.

Knew what we were doing and ended up with most up to date modern and safest stadium in Europe.

Trophies more so league which we couldn't get near was hard to come by  but did still picked up several league cups and a scottish cup.

We also scalped them a few times memorably too.

Really bad vibe with this mob who are sinking us to lower than this. Laughing stock is all we are. But still biggest and best support in the UK.

They are cunts.

10 hours ago, OrangeRab said:

Wonder how we structure our contracts vs other clubs.

Not sure if we’re striking the right balance and putting enough value on appearances etc.

So the players that are shit or chuck it are incentivised to get onto their agents and find a move when they realise they’re getting paid fuck all.

There’s obviously a balance as players want security. But we seem to have a lot of players that are more than happy to sit in the reserves or the medical room and collect a wage.

Our problem hasn’t really been the Goldson’s or Lundstram’s. It’s been the shite that have hung around not contributing that we can’t shift. 

Like Scott wright we've tried and failed to punt him 3 times now if u believe sheffield Wednesday wanted him last year it was 2 Turkish club's yet he's still here. I remember reading at the time we signed Tom Lawrence that we blew Sheffield United "out the water" to get him here bonkers stuff man. 

The likes of Cantwell was always gonna be a problem if we wanted to move him on cause he has this habit of no really bothering if he's playing or no and happy getting paid Norwich & Bournemouth had the same issues trying to move him on

2 hours ago, KingKirk said:

Like Scott wright we've tried and failed to punt him 3 times now if u believe sheffield Wednesday wanted him last year it was 2 Turkish club's yet he's still here. I remember reading at the time we signed Tom Lawrence that we blew Sheffield United "out the water" to get him here bonkers stuff man. 

The likes of Cantwell was always gonna be a problem if we wanted to move him on cause he has this habit of no really bothering if he's playing or no and happy getting paid Norwich & Bournemouth had the same issues trying to move him on

I think the Wednesday link to Wright must be genuine enough.

I was out last week with a Wednesday supporter & it seemed to be a live discussion at their end as well.

On 14/08/2024 at 12:12, J-Maestro said:

Gerrard also started with a clean slate and brought in 15 players for the first team squad his first window. Clement has taken over us after possibly our worst transfer window in history and the team an absolute mess with nobody worth much of anything.

Clement has spent more than what Gerrard did that summer. 3 of those 15 were already agreed before Gerrard took over.

Clement has got 9 so far and the window is still open.

I don't know why some want to make it out Clement has not made many signings or other managers got more backing.

Lets not rewrite history and downplay how bad we were when Gerrard took over and the previous year the signings were just as horrific, if not worse.