*****Official Rangers vs St Johnstone League Cup last 16 match thread*****

1 minute ago, King Jela said:

Thought we were good tonight. 

Thought he set us up well, looked good down the left hand side in the first half, looked dangerous on the attack in general and he got subs bang on. 

Big Serial Dessers again. Excellent finish from McCrorie as well. Thought both done really well when they came on.

Big Ross McCrorie scoring would have been excellent all things considered. Sorry I missed that now because of work 

Solid win, 2 good goals, if Danilo was a bit sharper we would have been ahead 1st half but understandable given the time he has been out.

Spartans at “home” for next round.

Focus on 3 points against Ross County first.

16 minutes ago, AberfeldyBlue said:

It was thanks to the UB who were brilliant for 90 mins

The  TV cameras zoomed in on  them  a few times and they were giving their all.

I know that Hampden doesn't have anywhere near the same atmosphere as Ibrox, but looked as if the UBs were trying even harder to make up for it. 

Credit to all our supportwrs though. We have a mountain to climb, we will need them

2 hours ago, NitshillBear said:

Because he took some time to award a foul which allowed it to be reviewed by VAR. It's not like he was playing an advantage. He just delayed the decision to give the foul, and it looks like the rules allow him to do that.

I don't understand why people are happy to go along with the agenda pushed by Michael Stewart rather than doing a bit of thinking. The ref wasn't certain of his decision, so let play carry on. Once the phase of play ended with a goal he gave his on field decision. VAR looked at it and overturned it.

Refs make mistakes and you either allow them to use VAR or you get rid of VAR. Without VAR tonight's goal is chopped off, but Roofe's goal against them when Dessers robbed Lagerbielke fairly stands. I'd get rid of VAR because this delayed celebration stuff ruins the game, but be consistent. Something MS never will be.

The issue tonight is the ref was reasonably fair. Played a good advantage when Sterling was held back twice, but still managed to get a great ball off to wee Ross. In fact the only decision I'd quibble about was a Dowell tackle that should have seen him booked. Opposite way round I'd definitely want a yellow. Made no difference since that was the only thing I remember Dowell actually doing.

Happy enough with that; it was an improvement, but we desperately need strengthening.

I thought Jefte looked a threat going forward and Dessers really influenced the game in the second-half, but the game seriously lacked any sort of quality. It was a really poor game of football.

The two clear opportunities (the one Souttar blocked and the one that hit the post) they created in the first-half would have seen us punished against better opposition.

A wins a win though and we needed it big time, so onwards and upwards.

3 hours ago, ForeverAndEver said:

McKinnon, Lowry and Rice should all be ahead of Dowell in getting minutes as well, he’s rotten.

😂. Dowell may not be the answer but he had a very decent first half tonight before tiring. His range of passing was refreshing. 

1 minute ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Not very good, the worst of our midfield and attack.

I must admit, I watched the game over here very late in the night but I thought he was alright, he never slowed it down unlike Lawrence and kept it simple

7 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Not very good, the worst of our midfield and attack.

What was in particular you didn't like about his peformance? Obviously not including the several 35 yard inch perfect passes he made in the first half because that wouldn't be fair.

Dowell was decent until he tired. Not convinced he's the answer but I have more hope than I did before the game tonight.

3 hours ago, King Jela said:

Thought we were good tonight. 

Thought he set us up well, looked good down the left hand side in the first half, looked dangerous on the attack in general and he got subs bang on. 

Big Serial Dessers again. Excellent finish from McCausland as well. Thought both done really well when they came on.

Bang on mate, thought the same, and we looked as if everyone knew their  job to do and thier role to play