Board, Manager & Players

Loyal72

9 hours ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

No player on the planet wants to play for a supporter spewing personal abuse at them.

It’s counterproductive, lacks any class, and has given the fenians another thing to be laughing about.

And I don't want Tavernier playing for us, he's counterproductive, lacks quality and the fenians do nothing but laugh at him.

If it's all too much for poor Tavvy then he can feel free to hand in a transfer request at any time. 

Fucking Rangers captain doesn't want to play for fans who shout at him, that should tell a story about the mess we're in. Heart bleeds for him it really does. :sarcasm:

11 hours ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

No player on the planet wants to play for a supporter spewing personal abuse at them.

It’s counterproductive, lacks any class, and has given the fenians another thing to be laughing about.

It doesn’t look like an act of defiance or protest, it just looks like one rambling lunatic having a go at a player.

If the support want to protest - and it’s at a stage when we absolutely should be - then it needs to be done in an organised, planned way that will really make a statement. I appreciate that’s difficult to organise, but there are plenty of RSC, fan media groups and supporters groups who could arrange them.

9 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

It doesn’t look like an act of defiance or protest, it just looks like one rambling lunatic having a go at a player.

If the support want to protest - and it’s a stage when we absolutely should be - then it needs to be done in an organised, planned way that will really make a statement. I appreciate that’s difficult to organise, but there are plenty of RSC, fan media groups and supporters groups who could arrange them.

Does it? The night of the tarriers chasing their team bus, throwing sharks etc, as much of a rabble as could have been, and we laughed, but you can guarantee it sent a message and it wouldn't surprise me if behind closed doors the tarriers started prepping for the following season financially wether lennon and the squad turned it around after then or not

14 hours ago, SuperLeeMcCulloch said:

Watching them attempt to play football was embarrassing as are the numerous skelpings we take off them yearly now. 

Doubt Tav or much of that team really care anyway.

Some of them probably dont care enough, thats self evident. I wouldnt include tav in that, i actually think he does care and does hurt about performances like sunday. The problem is he just aint good enough. Was never a great defender but got away with that because of his contribution in an attacking sense.

Now that he cant contribute as in scoring goals or assists he is a real liability. I actually like the bloke but he should never have been made captain and nowadays shouldnt be in any starting line up, especially in a game like sunday. Until the manager susses this and we sort out right back position we are on a hiding to fuck all.

24 minutes ago, Jimfanciesthedude said:

Does it? The night of the tarriers chasing their team bus, throwing sharks etc, as much of a rabble as could have been, and we laughed, but you can guarantee it sent a message and it wouldn't surprise me if behind closed doors the tarriers started prepping for the following season financially wether lennon and the squad turned it around after then or not

It might be a spark that leads of more, but right now it looks like nothing more than one guy shouting abuse at a player outside the stadium and it’s the sort of thing everybody would just piss themselves laughing at if they came across it on social media and it was any other club.

If we want to protest then we have to do it in a way that’s going to draw attention in a way that leads to proper discussion about it on social media or on podcasts and proper reporting by journalists.

7 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

It might be a spark that leads of more, but right now it looks like nothing more than one guy shouting abuse at a player outside the stadium and it’s the sort of thing everybody would just piss themselves laughing at if they came across it on social media and it was any other club.

If we want to protest then we have to do it in a way that’s going to draw attention in a way that leads to proper discussion about it on social media or on podcasts and proper reporting by journalists.

One man wont do much, but the idea it needs organised by rsc's etc isn't true either, and tbh a dignified, organised, peaceful type protest is maybe not what's needed 

That one guy clearly angry is one thing, imagine another 100 of him, all unconnected all with their own viewpoints, thats something the club cannot control with pissy words of what they are going to do etc

37 minutes ago, Jimfanciesthedude said:

One man wont do much, but the idea it needs organised by rsc's etc isn't true either, and tbh a dignified, organised, peaceful type protest is maybe not what's needed 

That one guy clearly angry is one thing, imagine another 100 of him, all unconnected all with their own viewpoints, thats something the club cannot control with pissy words of what they are going to do etc

100 people doing the same thing would be effective, but it wasn’t 100 people, it was one guy making a complete tit of himself who’s now being laughed at by basically everybody on the Internet who’s seen the video.

Nobody outwith our own support, a support who already know what the issues are, is looking at what he did and saying “fucking hell, the Rangers support aren’t happy with the way things are being run”.

Like I said, it might be the spark that leads to more, but in the here and now the guy has done nothing but make himself a bit of a laughing stock.

12 hours ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

We don't want him to play for us, so you're effectively saying, this approach works.

2 hours ago, RossS1873 said:

He's back from his hiatus. Huzzah. The hero we didn't know we needed 

People can say what they want about him and his personal views and behaviours can be very strange. But in terms of club information, he gives us more than the SLO or anyone at Rangers. Today he has posted about the catering deal (another Bisgrove mess) and the G51 project with the company in Craig Houstons name.

1 hour ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

100 people doing the same thing would be effective, but it wasn’t 100 people, it was one guy making a complete tit of himself who’s now being laughed at by basically everybody on the Internet who’s seen the video.

Nobody outwith our own support, a support who already know what the issues are, is looking at what he did and saying “fucking hell, the Rangers support aren’t happy with the way things are being run”.

Like I said, it might be the spark that leads to more, but in the here and now the guy has done nothing but make himself a bit of a laughing stock.

Yeah but it shouldn't need organising by rsc's or fan groups thats my point 

If the fans, especially the ones paying to go to the games regularly, wait for organised protests it will never come, theres too many people with "different interests" lets just say, in fan groups etc that don't have the stomach for it

Its going to take anothee night like the storming of the front doors of ibrox to get things going, iirc that was a reactionary protest when people's tensions were high, anger was high from shite game etc

And even if its 100 guys like the one in the tav video, they'll still get laughed at by all apart from us, but that doesn't matter, 

To make the board listen and act in some way it needs to be a spur of the moment, anger fuelled one, 

1 minute ago, bluenoz said:

I keep saying it, but until egos are left at the front door, nothing will change. The Parks have needed removing for years.

It seems its being made more apparent that they're an issue more than a solution. Especially the younger Park. I always thought Dougie Park was alright but not a media guy which hindered him but perhaps more

1 hour ago, Loyal72 said:

We don't want him to play for us, so you're effectively saying, this approach works.

People often go on about what the great men of our club’s history would do in certain situations.

They certainly wouldn’t have lowered themselves to the embarrassing behaviour we’ve seen from some of those fans on Sunday.

18 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

I do think we are being prepared for a takeover there is no other way of explaining the downgrade that's been happening this summer.  

Hardly going about getting top dollar for us!

1 hour ago, KingKirk said:

I do think we are being prepared for a takeover there is no other way of explaining the downgrade that's been happening this summer.  

We had a huge wage budget that we couldn't sustain, had paid out for the stadium, Hampden and court cases and had missed out on Champions League football.

We also spent the same on transfers (~£14m) this summer than the last 2 summers. Our net spend this summer was actually our highest in almost 25 years. 

It's entirely explainable. 

I’d berate a player for treating the club with contempt. For putting country before club, for downing tools, for forcing a move, for being out of shape, for hiding on the medical list, for fucking about and damaging the reputation of the club off the field.

But personally think it’s shite and classless to shout abuse like that at Tav.

The guy has never hidden and never not given his all.

Yes his legs are done. But that’s a managerial decision to play him.

And it’s a board+managerial decision not to sell him.