Tavernier stay or go

BlueEdu

Tavernier - stay or go  

323 members have voted

1. 1. How many of us want tavernier to stay?

• Stay
    • Go now

3 minutes ago, crazy bob swollenbaws said:

So Tav is bigger than the club. Gotcha!

Still think he can do a job in some of our league games.  For clarity not suggesting he’s starting line up and 90 mins every game.

think we all agree it would have been better if he’d left/been sold in the summer though 

3 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Anything but an overreaction. He's the greatest liability in the squad by some distance now. Every team rightly see him as the weak link. 

We shouldn't have any room for sentiment when it comes to what team is picked week in, week out. 

He's had his time, he's bailed us out plenty at his peak. Now he needs to go. Shouldn't even be on the bench.

I don’t agree he’s as bad as that but it’s definitely been a huge drop off over last 2 years.  It’s not about sentiment but we’ve a pretty limited squad (until January but won’t hold my breath…).  

that said I think all of us were unsurprised the outcome of him starting last night with the pace in the Lyon side.  I do find it really odd Clement can’t see what’s so obvious to everyone else 

4 minutes ago, Blue72 said:

Still think he can do a job in some of our league games.  For clarity not suggesting he’s starting line up and 90 mins every game.

think we all agree it would have been better if he’d left/been sold in the summer though 

Do a job? Like cleaning the boots or the changing rooms after the game?

You are aware we are trying to instil a culture of excellence, constant improvement and thus winning back into our club?

You are suggesting disrupting our lineups just to give this guy his cameo time? That sets totally the wrong message to all the rest of the players.

2 minutes ago, crazy bob swollenbaws said:

You are aware we are trying to instil a culture of excellence, constant improvement and thus winning back into our club?

I think this is objectively untrue based on the evidence! 

20 minutes ago, Blue72 said:

People saying Tav should be dropped completely are over reacting.  But it’s clear he hasn’t the pace for the big games anymore.

I really hope the transition to reduce his minutes goes well, he’s been excellent for us over a number of years and deserves a decent send off.

I am one of the bigger Tav supporters on here and still consider he has a part to play in the squad but for all parties concerned RB at the weekend has to be Sterling.

We have just signed him to a contract 2028 and he still doesn’t have a regular position which should be RB, give Tav an extended international break and rotate them but with definite emphasis that Sterling plays against the stronger opponents.

Kasawirjo should be looking to take over from one of the bomb scares at CB.

Jefte at LB and we have a rebuilt back 4 with strength, pace and athleticism.

6 minutes ago, Blue72 said:

I think this is objectively untrue based on the evidence! 

What evidence? That Tav is still being kept about as you are suggesting he should be? 

As I said in the dessers thread, there is only so much change you can make at once. Tav and Dessers and the first things that should be remedied however.

No player is bigger than the club, certainly not James Tavernier.

He should've gone in the summer, enjoyed some cash in Saudi Arabia, and had a pleasant rest of his career, allowing us to completely rebuild with a fresh mentality.

Instead, his loser attitude remains, and to couple with it, he's now declining in the actual ability he had.

It's gone on far too long, to the point supporters now resent him. Needs to end, for everyone's sake. Mostly Rangers.

Just now, Loyal72 said:

No player is bigger than the club, certainly not James Tavernier.

He should've gone in the summer, enjoyed some cash in Saudi Arabia, and had a pleasant rest of his career, allowing us to completely rebuild with a fresh mentality.

Instead, his loser attitude remains, and to couple with it, he's now declining in the actual ability he had.

It's gone on far too long, to the point supporters now resent him. Needs to end, for everyone's sake. Mostly Rangers.

I don't resent him, I resent the clown who keeps picking him.

The manager hasn’t got the balls to take Tav to one side and tell him that he needs to be an impact sub at best. What chance do we have of a mentally strong squad if our manager can’t even do that?

The alternative is that he thinks Tav is the best pick for right back still in which case he’s utterly deluded.

It’s not like we are having to play an untested 16 year old in his place, Kasanwirjo has shown he’s more than capable of doing the job and has looked good going forward as well.

I'll wait for the lineup to come out on Sunday before deciding whether to watch it or not. 

But if Tav is anywhere near the starting lineup she can put on strictly or whatever pish she wants.

Fucking sick of the sight of him. Never despised a Rangers captain before.

8 minutes ago, PromDeAnglais said:

I'll wait for the lineup to come out on Sunday before deciding whether to watch it or not. 

But if Tav is anywhere near the starting lineup she can put on strictly or whatever pish she wants.

Fucking sick of the sight of him. Never despised a Rangers captain before.

Honestly, that's pathetic.

There was a clip on social media of all the players arriving in the front door of Ibrox last night. All bar Tav seemed to have a spring about them, he looked lethargic.

It's not a science and I'm no body language expert but there honestly was a "can't be arsed" look about him.

5 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

There was a clip on social media of all the players arriving in the front door of Ibrox last night. All bar Tav seemed to have a spring about them, he looked lethargic.

It's not a science and I'm no body language expert but there honestly was a "can't be arsed" look about him.

Just working his ticket until his testimonial 

10 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

He's been like that all season. 

His body language and performance during the pre season friendly against Birmingham should have been enough to set off alarm bells for Clement. He doesn't want to be here, it's painfully obvious. 

28 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Seen that, fek knows who they were all high fiving but when he came round last it was as if it was a fkn hardship to do it. 

1 hour ago, KBOO72 said:

He's been like that all season. 

His body language and performance during the pre season friendly against Birmingham should have been enough to set off alarm bells for Clement. He doesn't want to be here, it's painfully obvious. 

I don’t think it’s that he can’t be arsed, more just that he can’t do what he / we want anymore.

A broken man.