St Johnstone At Home - 8PM

17 hours ago, Jimfanciesthedude said:

Looks like Rangers suggested a fixture reversal with st johnstone and they refused 

Honestly this league and its clubs can go to fuck, 

tbf a fixture reversal would have been even worse. People would have organised travel etc already.

The league should be required to announce dates and times of games 8 weeks in advance. Expecting people to organise days off work, travel, accommodation, even things like childcare with only a few weeks notice is insane. 

2 hours ago, KeyserSoze said:

Perhaps this is the game to boycott 

seems ideal to not attend and then send a letter to Bennett explaining why. 

maybe

Could be too easily explained away as due to the late kick off, transport problems with subway being off, game being on TV, etc

Any boycott should demonstrate a single passion against something ie the Board,  with no ambiguity that the only reason we're collectively absent is due to protest about the Board.

Don't think this would be the right game for it as a standalone, maybe if was just the start of match boycotts. Personally I'd love to find another way so as to not impact on the team which this clearly would.

2 hours ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Could be too easily explained away as due to the late kick off, transport problems with subway being off, game being on TV, etc

Any boycott should demonstrate a single passion against something ie the Board,  with no ambiguity that the only reason we're collectively absent is due to protest about the Board.

Don't think this would be the right game for it as a standalone, maybe if was just the start of match boycotts. Personally I'd love to find another way so as to not impact on the team which this clearly would.

Given how much The Rangers board seem to like Dignified silences then surely they’d appreciate The Dignified silence from a near empty stadium or does it not work that way 😂

2 hours ago, Somemightsay7 said:

tbf a fixture reversal would have been even worse. People would have organised travel etc already.

The league should be required to announce dates and times of games 8 weeks in advance. Expecting people to organise days off work, travel, accommodation, even things like childcare with only a few weeks notice is insane. 

That's not really practical though. The European qualifiers only concluded last week and once it gets to the knock out rounds there can be as little as two weeks between rounds.

On 04/09/2024 at 16:18, gj923 said:

Nonsense

Scotland is playing on the Saturday and I am sure its 4 days including the day of the game they have to be released by

Hopefully someone sane (no laughing) at the SFA looks into switching the fixture to away so that it can be played at a reasonable time on the Sunday then.

The international break officially starts on the Monday regardless of when Scotlands game is. Rangers requested a switch to away fixture but "other parties" didn't accept that. I can only assume that was St Johnstone. 

2 hours ago, Brubear said:

The international break officially starts on the Monday regardless of when Scotlands game is. Rangers requested a switch to away fixture but "other parties" didn't accept that. I can only assume that was St Johnstone. 

The cunts running the club could tell me it’s Sunday and I’d have to check my phone to see what day it is. They are liars and I wouldn’t believe they’ve actually done anything of the sort. They probably just rolled over and accepted like the little bitches they are. Said it before but they couldn’t give a fuck about the support. However if it was announced Cinch were the match sponsors then they’d kick up all sorts of drama - they only give a fuck about themselves.

2 minutes ago, Somemightsay7 said:

I really don't see anything wrong here.

Making changes to benefit their own fans and trying to increase the home fan attendance is what all clubs should be doing. 

There are thousands of empty seats there every time us of the filth play so taking away 300 or so seats from us isn't going to make any difference to that. Token gesture to get them onside which will probably be reversed within 2 years.

Other than making some of today's headlines I really don't see what St Johnstone gain as a club. At no point last season or any other did St Johnstone supporters lose out on attending a game due to an away ticket allocation. Biggest recorded attendance was against us, at just short of 7000, with a capacity of over 10500 it leaves 3500 unsold tickets. At times in Scotland we seem to hell bent in undermining ourselves with decisions that don't make financial sense. Another game added to TV coverage with half empty stands.

Screenshot_20240910-144359.thumb.png.079739806eb86490bbf79227c4720b5d.png

I don’t get why they don’t do what Livingston had, one full stand the length of the pitch to house the home fans, give the other 3 stands to us.

If they consider they can do two stands then one at the side and one behind the goal, it’s not rocket science.

6 hours ago, ayro said:

I don’t get why they don’t do what Livingston had, one full stand the length of the pitch to house the home fans, give the other 3 stands to us.

If they consider they can do two stands then one at the side and one behind the goal, it’s not rocket science.

One at the side is where all their season ticket holders are and the other is press, hospitality etc so wouldn't mean much of a bigger allocation.