Free transfers

Ted E Bayer

22 minutes ago, Boybluesy said:

4 weeks to get fully fit and learn the players names. Introduced 20 mins at a time over another four weeks. Then out with a hamstring. 

Fair point, there's also the Ikea furniture build to add to the mix, that will rule out any new signing for one or two games.

39 minutes ago, Import Export said:

Pretty disheartened that we missed out on Klassen as I think he's a tremendous player.

However, there's still time to add reinforcements.

Likely a no brainer for him to go back to his boyhood club . 

There's just no point.

Any player available now will be older, take weeks to get anywhere near match fit and unlikely to be part of our long term plans. 

If our clubs strategy is to now focus on young up and coming players then lets actually commit to it for once and see it through.

Agree with @Somemightsay7

There is zero fucking point signing some 30+ on a free.

This season is a write off so why spunk needless wages, it's money we don't have and it's not as if they'll have any meaningful impact on the result of this season. 

By time they're up to speed it'll be January, the league will be over and we'll be crashing out of Europe.

Pointless.

24 minutes ago, PromDeAnglais said:

Agree with @Somemightsay7

There is zero fucking point signing some 30+ on a free.

This season is a write off so why spunk needless wages, it's money we don't have and it's not as if they'll have any meaningful impact on the result of this season. 

By time they're up to speed it'll be January, the league will be over and we'll be crashing out of Europe.

Pointless.

I usually wait until mid October before I give up my delusional optimism, but fair play.

Not for me. Stick to our guns that this season is a downsizing season for the sake of the future of our club. 

However we must start utilizing what we have. Would rather see the likes of Bailey Rice, Lovelace etc getting game time over some European journeymen stealing a wage. A proper build for the future.

13 hours ago, esquire8 said:

Admin shuts down transfer section just for this to come up instead....

11 hours ago, Albertz85 said:

Hate when ppl throw in football manager opinions and reccomend some random from the Peruvian league who is available. Prefer to deal in facts

In fairness, it sounds like we did try and get Klassen.

May have others further down the list, but I’d think it unlikely. An experienced playmaker is a huge gap in our squad though. 

7 hours ago, Malkytfp1 said:

Not for me. Stick to our guns that this season is a downsizing season for the sake of the future of our club. 

However we must start utilizing what we have. Would rather see the likes of Bailey Rice, Lovelace etc getting game time over some European journeymen stealing a wage. A proper build for the future.

Injured again after a heavy challenge in the B team. Kid can't catch a break.

10 hours ago, graeme_4 said:

In fairness, it sounds like we did try and get Klassen.

May have others further down the list, but I’d think it unlikely. An experienced playmaker is a huge gap in our squad though. 

Not many of them that come for free transfers at this stage sadly