Some positives

3 hours ago, .Williamson. said:

Free flowing football for 15 minutes :lol:

Then they changed their shape and we had absolutely no clue how to adapt offensively to it 

I noticed you were absent for a few days in here. Personally I hope all is well with you, mate, and I've no doubt I could have a few laughs and pints with you in person, But I must admit, I didn't miss your posts when you were gone. :lol: 

4 hours ago, born a blue nose said:

We don't often agree but that's the nail on the head. 

Our manager is tactically inept, it's clear as day.

Reassess that last sentence. It's the players and not the manager who can't follow instructions for more than 5 minutes. We lack a leader in the middle of the park who can calm things down when required. I'm optimistic that Barron will grow in to that role. 

2 hours ago, Jamie0202 said:

Reassess that last sentence. It's the players and not the manager who can't follow instructions for more than 5 minutes. We lack a leader in the middle of the park who can calm things down when required. I'm optimistic that Barron will grow in to that role. 

Nope. The manager is clueless aswell.

We looked alright last weekend for around 15-20 minutes and then they changed their system and we looked absolutely clueless again. As soon as they did that Dowell was even more useless than he was previously and the manager decided to just keep him on 

2 hours ago, Jamie0202 said:

So the players who were doing really well on Sunday for a chunk of the early stages only chose not to follow instructions after Utd changed shape and personnel during the 1st half?

Which instructions specifically weren't followed by which players after we'd started so well?

6 hours ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

People won’t like this but we were in the games v them under Beale far more than the ones under Clement.

There's absolutely no doubt about that. They were all decided by individual mistakes or in his last one a brilliant kyogo finish. Clement is just not getting the fixture.

5 hours ago, MacBoyd said:

There's absolutely no doubt about that. They were all decided by individual mistakes or in his last one a brilliant kyogo finish. Clement is just not getting the fixture.

:lol: 

2-1 at New Year, Sima mistake for the goal, Dessers and McAusland missing massive chances, Dowell putting the ball in the stand and not across the box, Balogun red, oh and are we forgetting the winning goal was a ‘briiliang Kyogo goal’?

3-3, Tavernier, Dowell/Sterling all causing goals.

2-1, Tavernier and Lundstram gifting them a second plus Lundstram red card.

Final, Wright, Raskin, Davies, Butland all making mistakes at the goal.

Last one was a shambles, first two goals were individual mistakes though.

Clement’s been fucked by individual mistakes as much as Beale 👍

5 hours ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

So the players who were doing really well on Sunday for a chunk of the early stages only chose not to follow instructions after Utd changed shape and personnel during the 1st half?

Which instructions specifically weren't followed by which players after we'd started so well?

No. It isn't through choice. It's mentality and happens in football all the time when defending a 1 goal lead. Panic merchants the lot of them tbh which is where someone who can show a bit of leadership and put their foot on the ball in the middle of the park comes in. 

5 hours ago, MacBoyd said:

Clement's record against them against them is indefensible without resorting to making stuff up. We've been making individual mistakes against them pretty much every game since Gerrard left.

7 minutes ago, Jamie0202 said:

No. It isn't through choice. It's mentality and happens in football all the time when defending a 1 goal lead. Panic merchants the lot of them tbh which is where someone who can show a bit of leadership and put their foot on the ball in the middle of the park comes in. 

That's not about not following instructions though.

35 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

:lol: 

2-1 at New Year, Sima mistake for the goal, Dessers and McAusland missing massive chances, Dowell putting the ball in the stand and not across the box, Balogun red, oh and are we forgetting the winning goal was a ‘briiliang Kyogo goal’?

3-3, Tavernier, Dowell/Sterling all causing goals.

2-1, Tavernier and Lundstram gifting them a second plus Lundstram red card.

Final, Wright, Raskin, Davies, Butland all making mistakes at the goal.

Last one was a shambles, first two goals were individual mistakes though.

Clement’s been fucked by individual mistakes as much as Beale 👍

In general we had more of the play and the games were more even under Beale. We weren’t cut open to the same extent we have been under Clement.

This isn’t a defence of Beale who also wasn’t good enough.

10 hours ago, bluenoz said:

I noticed you were absent for a few days in here. Personally I hope all is well with you, mate, and I've no doubt I could have a few laughs and pints with you in person, But I must admit, I didn't miss your posts when you were gone. :lol: 

Nicest way of saying "I think you're a prick" that I've ever seen.

1 hour ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Were they?

I’m not going to go through them game by game but we haven’t had one OF under Clement that we looked like winning. Maybe the final at a push but then he took Cantwell off and brought Wright on and killed it.

Beale’s first OF we were on top and would have won but for Jack mainly late on allowing their equilizer.

They were better in the LC final but every other game we were well in. Never once looked like they’d cut us open at will or lose control of our shape the way we have frequently under Clement.

3 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

I’m not going to go through them game by game but we haven’t had one OF under Clement that we looked like winning. Maybe the final at a push but then he took Cantwell off and brought Wright on and killed it.

Beale’s first OF we were on top and would have won but for Jack mainly late on allowing their equilizer.

They were better in the LC final but every other game we were well in. Never once looked like they’d cut us open at will or lose control of our shape the way we have frequently under Clement.

Beale's 'shape' in his last old firm was as bad as anything Clement has done. Cantwell deep protecting Tav the way Jack and Kamara used to do, Roofe playing as a right sided 10 and Matondo as an orthodox winger. Absolute madness.

A fair bit of rewriting history on this page. 

The positives are we’re actually learning how to build a long term squad. Even if the short term is going to be painful.

2022/2023 season the club didn’t have a single player you would consider of starting quality under the age of 25. That’s mental. (Tillman wasn’t ours).

The average age of the squad that played more than 15 appearances was 29.5.

That’s criminal mismanagement from the board and Beale. (And previous regimes).

No surprise to see 2 years on the rebuild that was needed after 55 and Seville has come. And has to be more aggressive and painful.

Now we have Barron, Jefte, Sterling, Diomande, Cortes and Igamane that will develop into starting quality for next season.

6 starters average age 21 plus your keeper gets you a core squad for the next few seasons. Plus the potential for guys like Rice, Kasanwirjo, Nsiala to come through. 

The hard bit will be finding the 4-5 players of real quality to replace the levels that Tav, Kamara, Kent, Goldson, Morelos, Davis, Bassey reached for us to get us competing. 

But at least there’s a squad to build on. And we’ve moved away from signings like Davies, Lawrence, Colak, Dessers, Lammers and moved a lot of the crocked old lot like Jack and Roofe.

13 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

7 minutes ago, The Specky Forum Organiser said:

Beale's 'shape' in his last old firm was as bad as anything Clement has done. Cantwell deep protecting Tav the way Jack and Kamara used to do, Roofe playing as a right sided 10 and Matondo as an orthodox winger. Absolute madness.

A fair bit of rewriting history on this page. 

It says a lot that I can barely remember all the times we’ve lost to them in the last few years (including the ones I’ve quoted).

We’ve done it so often they all just sort of merge into one at this point.

4 minutes ago, OrangeRab said:

The positives are we’re actually learning how to build a long term squad. Even if the short term is going to be painful.

2022/2023 season the club didn’t have a single player you would consider of starting quality under the age of 25. That’s mental. (Tillman wasn’t ours).

The average age of the squad that played more than 15 appearances was 29.5.

That’s criminal mismanagement from the board and Beale. (And previous regimes).

No surprise to see 2 years on the rebuild that was needed after 55 and Seville has come. And has to be more aggressive and painful.

Now we have Barron, Jefte, Sterling, Diomande, Cortes and Igamane that will develop into starting quality for next season.

6 starters average age 21 plus your keeper gets you a core squad for the next few seasons. Plus the potential for guys like Rice, Kasanwirjo, Nsiala to come through. 

The hard bit will be finding the 4-5 players of real quality to replace the levels that Tav, Kamara, Kent, Goldson, Morelos, Davis, Bassey reached for us to get us competing. 

But at least there’s a squad to build on. And we’ve moved away from signings like Davies, Lawrence, Colak, Dessers, Lammers and moved a lot of the crocked old lot like Jack and Roofe.

I thought this was going to be a decent post from you after reading the first line, then you started using numbers so I decided to stop reading it.

12 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

You're just contradicting yourself in the first 2 paragraphs there.

League Cup final and Parkhead they cut us open pretty easily. Beale went behind in every game that mattered and that was with a much better Rangers team.

Haven't a clue why folk are trying to polish Beale's turd of a time up. He was a disaster.

23 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

The 2-1 at New Year, 3-3 and final were all even games, and we had chances to win all 3 games.

21 minutes ago, The Specky Forum Organiser said:

I thought this was going to be a decent post from you after reading the first line, then you started using numbers so I decided to stop reading it.

2022/23 squad age 29.

Barron, Jefte, Sterling, Diomande, Cortes and Igamane. Average age 21.

That’s the positives.

Clement’s made some mistakes. But his long term club management is levels above Beale and Gio.

21 year olds get better and the squad will learn his systems.

Thats what I’m optimistic about.