*****The Official Rangers v Lyon Match Thread*****

12 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

You think?

looks like we needed a centre half and because he was available on decent deal we took the word of the new coach.

The worry we have at the moment is that both Souttar and Propper are of a level that you would expect the third choice centre back to be at.

5 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

The worry we have at the moment is that both Souttar and Propper are of a level that you would expect the third choice centre back to be at.

Still needs explaining why we went for Cordoba, young athletic centre half and when it fell through we signed Propper who is the opposite.

Just back so haven’t seen highlights back but we need to start taking our chances - even playing poorly at points we should’ve scored at least another 2 in the first half.  I couldn’t even understand what we were trying to do defensively at some points, Tav was drifting all over the place again like he’s clearly been asked to do but that seemed to pull us all across the park and leave huge gaps 

Lyon are a good side - but we don’t look fit at all, players jogging back when the danger they posed on the break was clear.

positive for me was it was my son’s first game in Europe and he loved it, despite the score 

1 hour ago, MVRanger said:

Having watched them thrash Man Utd at the weekend, the prospect of Spurs coming to Ibrox in several weeks time is seriously distressing.😯

I was dreading the Spurs match as soon as I saw the draw. We won't be able th3m.

I fancy us to get a result from Man U now though. They are a shambles.

As disheartened as I am tonight, still think we might just qualify.

Nae mare beer fur me.:craphead:

26 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Still needs explaining why we went for Cordoba, young athletic centre half and when it fell through we signed Propper who is the opposite.

Got rejected in May, didn’t sign a centre back until August. Same last season with centre back as well. 

Chase Trusty/Panzo, then patch it and bring in back up in Balogun.

No matter manager/DOF, our transfer windows never fail to baffle you.

28 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Can add our grand pursuit of Jordan into that too. Seemingly desperate to sign a number six and then just don’t sign one.

I said last week I have only seen one other team that leaves BOTH full backs exposed and that was PSV being roasted by Juventus. Since Gio went there has been no tracking back no help, no doubling up, no drop back to cover. Previously Jack, Kamara, Arfield and even Kent would give protection. Now we have 2 holding midfielders who wander about centrally  and wide players who do not accept that part of their job is to help defend at times. Add in central defenders who do not dovetail and lack awareness it is no wonder we are cannon fodder to teams with pace up front.

15 minutes ago, kelvd1873 said:

I honestly don’t care if we qualify for this next round or not. As long as we don’t get embarrassed (tonight aside) take the guaranteed money in this league format and concentrate on the domestic trophies. I’d say the same if we were in the CL. 

All well and good but we’re so shite domestically I can’t see us winning anything unless we scrape a cup tbh 

any chance we can cut short that loan deal for that absolute diddy, my god i legit watched to punch my screen every fucking time he tries to cut on to his right, those sitters my fucking god, i just can't take anymore of that useless shit at the club, him dessers and that absolute god awful defender propper, get them sent packing pronto oh and clement as well, who ever gave that fraud an extended contract needs to explain the thought process, i feel for the fans that pay thousands every season having to endure that shit show.

16 minutes ago, Blue72 said:

All well and good but we’re so shite domestically I can’t see us winning anything unless we scrape a cup tbh 

I know mate hence why I’d like us to concentrate on domestic duties more than Europe. Our European runs have been awesome don’t get me wrong but they have hurt us domestically imo.