Souttar

2 hours ago, plymouthranger said:

I can’t remember a Scottish born CB as bad as him at it. I’d accept it if he was from somewhere like Brazil where the ball is played on the ground the entire time, but he’ll have been trained extensively on that since a young teenager and he looks like a complete amateur at any long ball over him

That's down to poor positional intelligence and being unable to read the game more than anything else, which is shocking at 28. 

Imagine big Davie Weir getting caught under the ball like that? Guy had zero pace by the time he got to us but you would never know it as his positional sense and reading of the game was 1st class. 

Souttar, he does alright until he doesn't, that's him and at 28 years old, it's never going to change.

The size of that boy he should never be getting bullied the way he does in situations like today, but that happens too often, he'll be flawless for the next couple of games at Ibrox, then he'll get swung about at Pittodrie a week on Wednesday. As predictable as it comes. 

4 hours ago, plymouthranger said:

Sorry but hes never a Rangers CB. Makes that mistake of getting caught under the ball almost every fucking game. 

A few half decent performances don’t cover up the fact than he time and time again costs us goals because he can’t read the flight of a ball. It’s fucking embarrassing. 

There are CBs kicking about in the bottom half of the SPFL who’d be better for us than him. 

My lad was telling me, as the game started, how he tops the stats on most measures for a CB.

And, of course, he still has 78 year old Cristiano Ronaldo in his back pocket.

Yet there’s always that moment like today…

Was him at the middle of Killie’s winner in the first game at RP last season, too.

5 minutes ago, kanjo said:

Has a mistake in him every game.  Sadly those mistakes are costing us.  

Not helped by his keeper.

Butland gets out properly & he smothers the danger.

If he hangs back, he can throw his cap on the weak deflection.

Noman’s land - it bobbles in.

Another one that sums up the decline in our team over the last few seasons. 

A 3rd choice, squad player at best, who's currently our first pick cb. 

The regression since 55 is quite incredible really, in every single position on the park we are worse. 

3 minutes ago, HG5 said:

Not helped by his keeper.

Butland gets out properly & he smothers the danger.

If he hangs back, he can throw his cap on the weak deflection.

Noman’s land - it bobbles in.

Agreed he should’ve been more aggressive, and him coming up at the fucking end was the ultimate cringe factor, that was embarrassing. Now we know how he don’t get a game for England and they ain’t any great shakes.

1 minute ago, BLUEDIGNITY said:

Agreed he should’ve been more aggressive, and him coming up at the fucking end was the ultimate cringe factor, that was embarrassing. Now we know how he don’t get a game for England and they ain’t any great shakes.

Yes.

Not sure if the England talk then eventual rejection has damaged him, but he’s been unreliable since around the Ross County defeat last season.

I was happy with Souttar staying in the summer on the basis he was 3rd choice CB. Not fucking first.

We are paying for what the board and Beale have done to us. The defence is a fucking mess. The whole teams a fucking mess!

1 hour ago, Number5 said:

He's our best CB.

Says where we're at but he's better than anything else we have. 

Propper is fuckimg useless.  Another wonderful piece of recruitment. 

Correct, He's Propper Shite, weak as a fucking kitten.

2 hours ago, Somemightsay7 said:

I know some people say he gets too much criticism, but I honestly think he doesn't get enough.

He costs us more goals than any player I can ever remember playing for us

He shouldn't be starting for us. 

Auch away ffs :lol:

5 hours ago, WWTC said:

Auch away ffs :lol:

Used to love seeing his name on the team sheets when playing against us; always good for a few mistakes, playing us onside, going to ground and out of the game.Then he joined us and messed up against Livi first game, goals caused twice for Kilmarnock, Celtic, Aberdeen, it goes on.