* The Generic Laugh at celtc Thread *

dummiesoot

• Replies 50.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, The Monk said:

So they get Astana, probably an easier tie than Rosenborg tbh

They beat Legia Warsaw in the last round, can't be too bad.

Also they played celtic last season and only went out after they got two men sent off at the girodome and typically celtic got a last minute penalty.

Just now, Bronzy said:

They beat Legia Warsaw in the last round, can't be too bad.

Also they played celtic last season  and only went out after they got two men sent off at the girodome and typically celtic got a last minute penalty.

Fingers crossed they can complete a revenge mission.

1 minute ago, The Monk said:

Hope they can do it then, probably the worst place they could have to travel to as well which should hopefully play a part. From what I remember didn`t Astana win the first leg the other year 2-0 then lose at Paedo park 3-0. If so, it could be helpful having the game away first to shut up shop like Rosenborg and then try and beat them in Kazakhstan.

And hope for a Sunderland referee.

28 minutes ago, The Monk said:

So they get Astana, probably an easier tie than Rosenborg tbh

Wrong.

They have a recent CL pedigree and are totally underestimated as they are a relatively new club.

That mob rode their luck over there recently and could have been destroyed on the day.

5 minutes ago, centenarystand said:

Wrong.

They have a recent CL pedigree and are totally underestimated as they are a relatively new club.

That mob rode their luck over there recently and could have been destroyed on the day.

Comparing squads alone I'd have said Rosenborg look better but Astana's record is quite impressive, would love it if the Tims have to go to Kazakstan needing a win.

46 minutes ago, Ryju84 said:

Oh well... If they don't want the UK flag / British Association, then they can't claim to be the 'first British club to win Champions league' or whatever...

:UK:

Absolutely m8. They'll always play their own pathetic, self-perceived "dual-nationality" card when it suits them. Maybe we should just add schizophrenia to their growing list of problems. 

3 minutes ago, ronniescu said:

Absolutely m8. They'll always play their own pathetic, self-perceived "dual-nationality" card when it suits them. Maybe we should just add schizophrenia to their growing list of problems. 

They never won the champs league thou? We got too one goal from the final but they have done jack shit in the champions league to date .

Oh I forgot I think they are one of the worst teams away from home in the champs league 

4 minutes ago, Copland bear said:

They never won the champs league thou? We got to one goal of the final but they have done jack shit in the champions league. 

Absolutely. But maybe Ryju84 is too young to remember what the old competition was called. We know what he meant. Get it up them regardless.

22 minutes ago, The Monk said:

Comparing squads alone I'd have said Rosenborg look better but Astana's record is quite impressive, would love it if the Tims have to go to Kazakstan needing a win.

I reckon if they would be in deeper trouble going into the away leg with a 0-0 this time.

16 minutes ago, Copland bear said:

They never won the champs league thou? We got too one goal from the final but they have done jack shit in the champions league to date .

Oh I forgot I think they are one of the worst teams away from home in the champs league 

Yeah, I meant the old competition. Although after the lucky goal the other night, Michael Stewart gushed over them like they were going to win it this year. 

12 minutes ago, ronniescu said:

Absolutely. But maybe Ryju84 is too young to remember what the old competition was called. We know what he meant. Get it up them regardless.

I can't be arsed Googling what it was called. Being lazy. 

3 minutes ago, Ryju84 said:

Yeah, I meant the old competition. Although after the lucky goal the other night, Michael Stewart gushed over them like they were going to win it this year. 

European cup ,straight knockout with 32 teams ,even Dundee and Dundee utd made the semis ,and possibly dunfermline 

lol

West Ham, Celtic, Fulham and Brighton are weighing up a move for Lorient striker Abdul Majeed Waris.

The Ghana international, who had trials with Manchester City as a teenager, is available for around £9m.

Waris came to England when he was 17 on a student visa from the Right to Dream Academy and studied at Hartpury College in Gloucestershire while playing at the Nike academy.

16 minutes ago, Ryju84 said:

Ffs, man. Surely we're not at that stage yet where young folk can't remember the name of the European Cup and refer to it simply as 'the old competition'. 

:depressed:

It was a better competition, by the way. All of the European ones back then were.

3 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Ffs, man. Surely we're not at that stage yet where young folk can't remember the name of the European Cup and refer to it simply as 'the old competition'. 

:depressed:

It was a better competition, by the way. All of the European ones back then were.

It really just went out my head. I'm kinda meant to be concentrating on work stuff, but keep posting in here. 

I remember the names UEFA Cup, and Cup Winners Cup.

And, thank you for referring to me as 'young'. :bow: 

Just now, Ryju84 said:

It really just went out my head. I'm kinda meant to be concentrating on work stuff, but keep posting in here. 

I remember the names UEFA Cup, and Cup Winners Cup.

And, thank you for referring to me as 'young'. :bow: 

Aye, that's them, young yin.

Each competition was much stronger. They hadn't been raped at the expense of having one, big money maker. Fucking terrible what money has done to football. 

Archived