Steely

Scotland Manager  

59 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to be new boss

• Tommy Burns
    • Graeme Souness
    • George Burley
    • Mark McGhee

Burley, always encourages nice football.

That would be great as I always think the National team is an example to all and in particular the aspirational youth and as much as we've won games in the last qualification period and it was great, it was often very defensive football and I would have liked to have seen some better and skilful play.

Mind you, the game against Ukraine was great for football played by us.

Souness would be my pick but I doubt if the SFA will agree.

So that leaves Burns; what a tactical genius he is!

McGhee; sacked by so many clubs but has had a good couple of months so must be top class!

Burley; has hit the heights and the depths, if he is as talented as he seems at times he must be the unluckiest manager in the game or the one with the poorest judgement, boardroom strife at Derby, then Hearts and now Southampton.

We could add Levein but his record in the big time Championship was a disaster.

Basically the only one who is proven and has done something is Souness.

I'm not sure about Burley. He did great at Hertz, but he's been average in his managerial career otherwise, far as I know.

McGhee has also had a fairly mundane managerial career - he's not exactly excelled.

Ditto Burns.

Even Souness, bar his time at Ibrox, has in reality, been a bit of a mediocre boss for every team he's managed.

tbh, I'd rather have someone else with some recent pedigree and a known winner. Eck was. Smith was. None of the current candidates are anything to crow about.