Ian Brines

Danny

I am seeing quite a few posts and threads chastising the officials, but the simple fact the ref was Ian Brines surely negates the need for an explanation as to the standard of officiating?

I am seeing quite a few posts and threads chastising the officials, but the simple fact the ref was Ian Brines surely negates the need for an explanation as to the standard of officiating?

it was shocking last night danny.

painfully woeful officiating last night. It was embarassing at times, the linesman calls for offside (how, i will never know) whilst the ref points for a penalty? its astonishing the level of Officials we have in this country, absolute farce.

Guest therabbitt

Im all for getting ex-pro's or even part-timers back into officiating when they retire - I'd love the SFA to provide some kind of access route. With the lack of management jobs available and the shear numbers of very experienced pro's being lost to football every year when they retire to me it just makes good sense to keep them involved however we can. There are hunners of pro's and con's to this obviously, but I feel that someone who has played the game for a considerable period of time will be much better situated to make judgements than some wee upstart who wants his own name in the headlines...

Furthermore - I feel this kind of segway into officiating should be offered to players who are forced to retire early as they too will be lost to football. In many cases the players are only forced to retire as their bodies can hold up to intense training and the high impact nature of modern football (esp in Scotland) and playing many games. This could be especially true for young players who have sacrificed a lot to play football for a career, only for it to be cut short prematurely...

edit: also meant to say there will be marked level of respect from young players towards pro's they recognise from growing up or seeing playing - there is far too much indiscipline in many of the youngsters in football- they need good examples

it was shocking last night danny.

And that's you not even being THAT harsh!

Cheating f****n b*stard, him and his linesman. Everytime we have him officiating our games he is an absolute disgrace.

The standards of the officials in this country are absolutely shocking.

Cheating f****n b*stard, him and his linesman. Everytime we have him officiating our games he is an absolute disgrace.

I have noticed brines seems to be reluctant to give us anything when he officiates our games.

I have noticed brines seems to be reluctant to give us anything when he officiates our games.

he was gonna give us a penalty until is linesman got involved. not biased just a poor performance from the lot of them...

Brines iIS a Tim as is Kenny Clark.

My sister in laws Dad is a Junior ref and has met most at do's and the like...

He's an Aberdeen fan so hates both us.

I don't mind Kenny Clark, as far as refs in this country go he is 1 of the better ones. Brines is woeful every game he refs, it is not just us who suffer from his shocking decisions.

I sit at Govan front near the Broomloan and the linesman infront of me is ALWAYS shocking.

I can remember 2games where they had a good game but the rest have been shocking!

Its as if they are afraid to make decisions.

The guy at Fir Park was one of the worst i have seen after that clown at the Hearts game! I think it was Hearts anyway.

He just put his flag up everytime, the striker should be given the benefit of the doubt once or twice but we never got one good decision and the penatly that the linesman turned down was a joke!

In germany the referee has a press conference with the managers after the game and is given 10mins to prepare. That should be done here coz most of the time any major decisions are shown in the highlights and he has to explain why he did or did not give a foul etc

But we are a joke up here so im not optimistic about anything like this happening!

Did Brines "referee" the cup game against 'Well at Fir Park?

yes and he was a disgrace that game, can you mind he gave the goal against us after McGregor was fouled twice.

That's why I asked if it was him... I thought he wasn't going to referee at the top level again doh

The guy is a disgrace, truly awful. We won both games though :P