Murray Mint

J_RFC87

I was staggered to see my seat would cost me £35 + BF (a BF to charge me to buy my own seat, scandalous!) for the Lisbon game.

Now it's £40 (£29 for concessions) if I want my seat.

There are other season ticket holders who are there week in week out, like me, who can't afford this and choose to unfortunatly watch it on tv as opposed to the preferred option of going to Ibrox. I don't want to develop a "houlier than thou" argument as that isn't my point, it's a case of the club robbing me, again, for my own seat and if I don't choose to accept then it's sold off to someone on the street who is willing to pay for it.

Out of interest, I phoned up anyway to see if my seat was still there and it's not, been sold to some random guy!

I know there might be posts saying:

• It's Rangers, I go to every game regardless of price
  • A real fan would go to every game, regardless of price
  • The club have every right to sell your seat since you're not going

Not everyone has the same lifestyle, wealth and desire remember. I.e. if the ticket was £1000 to go to one game, no-one would go. It just happens to be that anything over £30 I don't go out of principle and out of pocket. Similiarly, there will be bears who live abroad, live too far away or can't get the time to watch Rangers of which I'm equally sympathetic for.

I wonder if there's a club that rewards loyality out there? :rolleyes:

[/moan]

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree that it is very steep, I am supposed to be buying a few tickets, 5 as I got that many for the bremen game so it is quite a bit of money they are getting in 1 go. It is a scandalous increase and why the hell is the booking fee not £1.50 like it normally is.

Your spot on mate, the prices are a joke. What Minty gives you in one hand he takes from the other.

And what is this booking fee pish? I know it's only £1.50 or something, but is it really necessary? £1.50 to wait on the phone for nearly an hour!?

So what do you think the going rate for a European Quarter Final would be?

I think £35 is too much personally.

£30 would be more suitable given the price of the last round and the number of non-season ticket games we've had recently.

But then, if he charged that he wouldn't have been able to buy your Lisbon ticket for you 'elitist' types.... ;)

So what do you think the going rate for a European Quarter Final would be?

I think £35 is too much personally.

£30 would be more suitable given the price of the last round and the number of non-season ticket games we've had recently.

But then, if he charged that he wouldn't have been able to buy your Lisbon ticket for you 'elitist' types.... ;)

Us Ãœberbears? :pipehorse:

To be honest if i wasn't in the credit card scheme i might have missed this game myself.

£40 is very steep........fair do's if it's the last 8 of the Champions league and we're playing Chelsea but it's the UEFA cup against Sporting Lisbon.

I don't think �40 is that much considering the occassion, it's the last 8 of a major European Competition

agreed their slightly, as the most likely situation is, someone will snap it up. Especially after the old firm game if we are succesful(if they arent all gone by then)

I was staggered to see my seat would cost me £35 + BF (a BF to charge me to buy my own seat, scandalous!) for the Lisbon game.

There are other season ticket holders who are there week in week out, like me, who can't afford this and choose to unfortunatly watch it on tv as opposed to the preferred option of going to Ibrox. I don't want to develop a "houlier than thou" argument as that isn't my point, it's a case of the club robbing me, again, for my own seat and if I don't choose to accept then it's sold off to someone on the street who is willing to pay for it.

Out of interest, I phoned up anyway to see if my seat was still there and it's not, been sold to some random guy!

Not everyone has the same lifestyle, wealth and desire remember. I.e. if the ticket was £1000 to go to one game, no-one would go. It just happens to be that anything over £30 I don't go out of principle and out of pocket. Similiarly, there will be bears who live abroad, live too far away or can't get the time to watch Rangers of which I'm equally sympathetic for.

[/moan]

If your not going out of principal (on price) - stop moaning that your (rented) seat has been sold to someone willing to pay. Its just a fact of life.

Its the UEFA cup QF - it may NOT excite you but it sure as hell excites me - and I am sure many others.

[/moan]

guess thats how the away fans are gettin their tickets free? :pipe:

its a lot for a night for two £80 plus booking fee n pies n drinks and you are at £100 very easily

especially when the cost of living generally has risen so steeply lately. Too broke to go to this one...got me Mum and sons birthdays coming up in April...

If your not going out of principal (on price) - stop moaning that your (rented) seat has been sold to someone willing to pay. Its just a fact of life.

Its the UEFA cup QF - it may NOT excite you but it sure as hell excites me - and I am sure many others.

My point wasn't the seat being sold to someone else, my point was the expensive increase in price which I can't afford - There will be other people there that go every week that are also driven out because of the prices, only to be taken up by someone else who doesn't.

The QF of a European cup excites me as much as it does for you, I've spent at least £250 on going to European games at Ibrox this season, then the club want more and more money from me? That's not right in my book. Fair enough if you're Minty though, I can see why.

I don't think �40 is that much considering the occassion, it's the last 8 of a major European Competition

agreed their slightly, as the most likely situation is, someone will snap it up. Especially after the old firm game if we are succesful(if they arent all gone by then)

Again, it's about my budget and the money I have. A lot more wealthier people than me at Ibrox that don;t think twice about the costs, but as I said in my first post, not everyone has the same lifestyle/wealth :(

And I'm being driven out in place of someone who does pay it.

is that the prices mate or just to have your own seat or are you in a good location? my wee bro asked me to go in for us on friday, but im skint as it is.

I sit in the main stand, defeintly not the most expensive location in Ibrox.

would have been a nice gesture to keep the home tickets at £30 and paid for the away support out of his own pocket for guys like manti and the other loyal fans who travel all over.

It is a great gesture Minstral to those loyal fans who go to almost every away Euro game regardless of opponent, who spent ten-fold more money on their club than I do, but again it links back to budget and difference in lifestyle/wealth.

I choose not to go to away Euro games, for the simple fact I can't afford it.

To be honest if i wasn't in the credit card scheme i might have missed this game myself.

£40 is very steep........fair do's if it's the last 8 of the Champions league and we're playing Chelsea but it's the UEFA cup against Sporting Lisbon.

(tu)

That's why I never ticket the credit card scheme (mainly because I don't have a credit card :pipehorse: ) but I have taken up my seat on every opportunity up until now.

Don't think 40 sheets is that much for a European Cup final TBH...

I'd bite that hand off someone for that pric

It's the UEFA cup Quarter Final, a far cry from the European Cup final!