Frank Lampard's mum dies

minstral

very sad.

Family tragedy strikes soccer star Lampard as his mother, Pat, loses fight for life at age 58

Last updated at 10:13am on 24th April 2008

Comments

Soccer star Frank Lampard's mother died in hospital this morning. The devastated England hero was at Pat's bedside when she lost her battle against pneumonia.

Doctors were forced to put the 58-year-old on life-support yesterday after her condition suddenly started to deteriorate.

Before that, there had been hope that Mrs Lampard might get better. Chelsea star Frank, 29, yesterday said: "Slowly, slowly she is coming through."

He felt confident enough to leave the Essex hospital for Tuesday's Champions League semi-final against Liverpool – believing she was stable.

Scroll down for more...

Sad loss: Chelsea star Frank Lampard with his mother, Pat, who died this morning

Lampard and other members of his family have been keeping a bedside vigil ever since Pat was admitted with pneumonia just over a week ago.

The football star admitted that the outlook had been "very bleak" at one stage last week and that her recent improvement was the only reason he felt able to play against the Merseysiders.

He said: "I won't go into details but we were getting a very bleak outlook. That was the hardest moment for me in my life.

"I am very lucky because I have a very tough mum, who is a very good person, and I think that might be what is helping her at the minute.

"Three days ago I wasn't playing in my mind. But we got some decent news on Saturday afternoon and my head came round a little bit then."

He added: "The manager and the club have been fantastic and have not put any pressure on me whatsoever. I just felt I could come and play and in a way the training and the playing has helped to take my mind off things, whereas last week I was in a bad situation.

"I know what why mum is like. My mum and dad follow me up and down the country and hopefully, all being well, my mum will come round and I know she would have had a right go at me for not playing."

Midfielder Frank was first told the news of her illness as he warmed up to play Wigan last week – and rushed to be at her bedside.

Essex-born Pat, married to former West Ham star Frank Lampard Senior, has been a huge inspiration to her son.

She has said: "The pride I feel as Frank's mum means more to me than any football success – pride that he's a decent human being."

RIP :(

but i cant find anything anywhere about this. its not on SSN, bbc, i even searched google and the latest article i could find was this one from today. :unsure:

Chelsea player Frank Lampard speaks out about mother anguish

Thursday, 24 April 2008

Frank Lampard has returned to the bedside of his seriously ill mother after admitting he has been through the hardest time of his life.

An improvement in mum Pat's condition gave Lampard the incentive to leave her Essex hospital and play in Chelsea's Champions League semi-final against Liverpool at Anfield on Tuesday night.

Lampard and other members of his family have been keeping a bedside vigil ever since Pat was admitted to hospital with pneumonia just over a week ago.

The midfielder helped Chelsea to secure a 1-1 first-leg draw courtesy of an injury-time own goal from Liverpool substitute John Arne Riise.

Avram Grant's side were trailing to a 42nd-minute opener from Dirk Kuyt and had rarely looked capable of equalising until Riise's last-minute blunder gave Chelsea a slight advantage going into the return leg at Stamford Bridge next week.

But Lampard returned to his mum's side hoping that her condition continues to improve enough for him to play against Manchester United on Saturday.

The England international admitted that the outlook had been "very bleak" at one stage last week and that her recent improvement was the only reason he felt able to play against the Merseysiders.

"This time last week was very bleak," revealed Lampard. "I won't go into details but we were getting a very bleak outlook. That was the hardest moment for me in my life.

"I am very lucky because I have a very tough mum, who is a very good person, and I think that might be what is helping her at the minute.

"Three days ago I wasn't playing in my mind. But we got some decent news on Saturday afternoon and my head came round a little bit then. I made a decision to go in training on Sunday to see how I felt.

"The manager and the club have been fantastic and have not put any pressure on me whatsoever. I just felt I could come and play and in a way the training and the playing has helped to take my mind off things, whereas last week I was in a bad situation.

"I trained yesterday and I will be honest I wasn't in the greatest of shape. I have been in better shape for games both mentally and physically but it has been a very difficult week."

Lampard revealed he very nearly missed out on the Anfield clash.

He continued: "Things have brightened up a little bit in the last few days but without that happening back home I wouldn't have been playing.

"It has been a positive few days from what was a very desperate situation last week.

"I know what why mum is like. My mum and dad follow me up and down the country and hopefully, all being well, my mum will come round and I know she would have had a right go at me for not playing in this game.

"That was in the back of my mind. She is stable at the minute and that gave me a bit of a clear mind to come and play but I will be back with her tomorrow.

"In terms of the game it was tough mentally but once the game started I just concentrated on the job."

RIP :(

but i cant find anything anywhere about this. its not on SSN, bbc, i even searched google and the latest article i could find was this one from today. :unsure:

Chelsea player Frank Lampard speaks out about mother anguish

Thursday, 24 April 2008

Frank Lampard has returned to the bedside of his seriously ill mother after admitting he has been through the hardest time of his life.

An improvement in mum Pat's condition gave Lampard the incentive to leave her Essex hospital and play in Chelsea's Champions League semi-final against Liverpool at Anfield on Tuesday night.

Lampard and other members of his family have been keeping a bedside vigil ever since Pat was admitted to hospital with pneumonia just over a week ago.

The midfielder helped Chelsea to secure a 1-1 first-leg draw courtesy of an injury-time own goal from Liverpool substitute John Arne Riise.

Avram Grant's side were trailing to a 42nd-minute opener from Dirk Kuyt and had rarely looked capable of equalising until Riise's last-minute blunder gave Chelsea a slight advantage going into the return leg at Stamford Bridge next week.

But Lampard returned to his mum's side hoping that her condition continues to improve enough for him to play against Manchester United on Saturday.

The England international admitted that the outlook had been "very bleak" at one stage last week and that her recent improvement was the only reason he felt able to play against the Merseysiders.

"This time last week was very bleak," revealed Lampard. "I won't go into details but we were getting a very bleak outlook. That was the hardest moment for me in my life.

"Three days ago I wasn't playing in my mind. But we got some decent news on Saturday afternoon and my head came round a little bit then. I made a decision to go in training on Sunday to see how I felt.

"The manager and the club have been fantastic and have not put any pressure on me whatsoever. I just felt I could come and play and in a way the training and the playing has helped to take my mind off things, whereas last week I was in a bad situation.

"I trained yesterday and I will be honest I wasn't in the greatest of shape. I have been in better shape for games both mentally and physically but it has been a very difficult week."

Lampard revealed he very nearly missed out on the Anfield clash.

He continued: "Things have brightened up a little bit in the last few days but without that happening back home I wouldn't have been playing.

"It has been a positive few days from what was a very desperate situation last week.

"I know what why mum is like. My mum and dad follow me up and down the country and hopefully, all being well, my mum will come round and I know she would have had a right go at me for not playing in this game.

"That was in the back of my mind. She is stable at the minute and that gave me a bit of a clear mind to come and play but I will be back with her tomorrow.

"In terms of the game it was tough mentally but once the game started I just concentrated on the job."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/arti...d=1779&ct=5

Chelsea support grieving Lampard

Chelsea and England midfielder Frank Lampard

Lampard's mother was part of a footballing dynasty

Chelsea have pledged their full support to Frank Lampard following the death of his mother from pneumonia.

He is now a doubt for Saturday's vital Premier League game with Manchester United and the Champions League semi-final with Liverpool next week.

Chelsea offered their condolences and said in a statement: "The club will be offering all the support it can to Frank and his family at this time."

Pat Lampard, 58, was the wife of West Ham legend Frank Sr.

Her sister is married to Portsmouth manager Harry Redknapp.

She was admitted to Whipps Cross Hospital in north-east London on 14 April.

A statement issued by Lampard's agent said: "Frank and his family would like to thank all the people that have inundated them with wishes of support.

606: DEBATE

I'm sure others will join me in passing on my sincere sympathy to Frank and his family

Wot Kuyt'e did

"Frank would also like to acknowledge and say thank you for compassion shown to him by (Chelsea) manager Avram Grant and all staff at Chelsea FC during what has been a terribly traumatic period for him and his family."

Lampard, 29, had missed the recent Premier League games against Wigan and Everton to be at her bedside.

He resumed training ahead of the Champions League semi-final first leg at Anfield and played in the 1-1 draw on Tuesday after his mother's condition appeared to improve, only for it to deteriorate again.

Chelsea's statement added: "Pat was a very familiar face to many people at Chelsea FC.

"Her unswerving support for her son's career was evident at virtually every game that Frank participated in regardless of where it was being played.

"She would always be there to watch him with Frank's dad. Pat will be deeply missed by everyone at Chelsea."