Andrius Velicka

Ibroxblue

just think of it as a straight swap for sebo.

im fine with velicka, as i said b4 its the rest of the piss poor transfer rumours thats sheding a poor light on this one.

i agree, i think he has simply been brought in to gives us options up front, nothing more.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yet another very average player. FFS walter we need QUALITY.

Would Smith know quality if he tripped over it if these stories are true we are going to be fighting for second place next season.

I feel physically sick reading this... we havnt got quality players signed yet, and anyone who plays in the Euros now is gonna cost more with the exposure they'll get = harder for us to sign quality players afterwards. We're diggin ourselves into a hole im afraid.

This is utterly pathetic.

Velicka? Dont even get me started.

exactly what i was thinkin. i thought we were looking to better the team. instead were bringing in absolute guff like him??

the wonders of football indeed.

I always liked Velicka, a good finisher and powerful, certainly better value than Kyle Lafferty, no he is not the class we need but strikers were not our problem last season, they all scored goals, our problem was pace and guile in m idfield, we need a real proven performer in midfield.

14 goals in 26 games for Hearts, 3 goals in 6 for the Norwegian side, not exactly bad stats, much better than Miller's, Novo's, Cousin's & JCD's I think, again though we're jumping on the bandwagon that because it's in the papers it must be true...

As for the question about the budget, I do believe there was a report towards the end of the season that mentioned that Walter has already been told his budget, whatever it might be and he has to stick to it, but one thing it does prove if all these news paper reports are true then the budget must be over £3 million.

It really wouldn't be the worst signing in terms of winning the SPL back.

However, in Europe who knows? Seems like the kinda guy that would put away every 2nd chance he gets, never seemed to miss many chances at the Jambos.

He's slow and very lazy. We have a squad full of pishy squad players, we need quality.

I was hoping for 2 quality strikers this season, so far we are getting Mhiller....

But we need quality and 1st team players before we need squad players and wasting £1m on a quad player would be pointless at this moment in time, especially if reports are true and that we do only have a small budget?

But we need quality and 1st team players before we need squad players and wasting £1m on a quad player would be pointless at this moment in time, especially if reports are true and that we do only have a small budget?

I agree with that.

I think Velicka would be decent for us, but I don't know why we're spending about £3mil on him and Miller when that could get us a pretty good striker that would add to the squad.

Anyone think that maybe Walter is trying to find a better partner for Boyd so he can be utilised more, maybe next season in the SPL Walter will be wanting to play more of a 4-4-2 formation and if we brought it a "big" name who costs millions of pounds then that person will want to score all the goals themselves and be greedy etc, as somone else had said at one time it's AMs we really need so why waste whatever the budget is on another striker when we do have enough good strikers at the club.

Remember last season Boyd was still our top scorer, and I think we were on a par with the amount of goals that Celtic scored in the SPL and that was with us playing 4-5-1 a lot of the time, it was the midfield we lost out on more.

So on the basis of that, Velicka might not be too bad a signing, especially if Cousin is leaving and the possibility of JCD leaving as some reports had been saying.

if we brought it a "big" name who costs millions of pounds then that person will want to score all the goals themselves and be greedy etc

Your joking right? Depends on the type of forward you bring in. I'd rather have class and quality and someone who wants to be greedy than a Velicka, Boyd...

Suppose it doesn't matter tho just as long as Boyd plays.

if we brought it a "big" name who costs millions of pounds then that person will want to score all the goals themselves and be greedy etc

Your joking right? Depends on the type of forward you bring in. I'd rather have class and quality and someone who wants to be greedy than a Velicka, Boyd...

Suppose it doesn't matter tho just as long as Boyd plays.

That's the important part in the whole scenario, to me the midfield is more of a priority than the forward positions. Well apart from CB and RB though which are just as important.