Rangers Sign Kyle Lafferty

Muff

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kyle Lafferty (born 16 September 1987 in Enniskillen, Northern Ireland) is a professional footballer who currently plays for

Rangers FC and the Northern Ireland international team.

On Monday 16th of June 2008, Rangers completed the signing of Lafferty from Burnley for a fee of around £3million plus Alan Gow. Rangers are believed to have beaten Celtic to sign the International star.

:unsure:

:lol:

The source is Wikipedia!

This was one of the earlier edits to it:

On Monday 16th of June 2008, Rangers completed the signing of Lafferty from Burnley for a fee of around £3million plus Alan Gow. Rangers are believed to have beaten Celtic to sign the prolific International star, with them also set to sign Croatian striker [[ivan Klasnic]].

£3.25m + another potential £500k + Alan Gow for a Championship player?

this must be a fuckin' joke?

if it is i for one am not laughing, I dont rate Lafferty at all

i really hope this is bullshit

http://www.rangersloyal.co.uk/newsnow/0608/article2.html

wtf are we paying this kind of money for a really pish player??? while the mhanks are focusing on players like Pavlyuchenko, we're chasing and paying ridiculous money for shite, again :angry2: not automaticly qualifying for the cl has really fucked us as far as what players we can potentially sign.

Maybe we're playing more attacking football with people leaving...

1-1-8

New sponsorship deal perhaps? :rolleyes:

brilliant just pure brilliant!! (tu)

what a waste of money this is. Where the hell is the quality??. We need a creative midfielder, a defender and a right back imo, but we dont seem to be wanting to buy them. Broadfoot again next year?

Broadfoot again next year!!!

Why say that...??. Are you a sick sick man?????.. I'm off to a dark room for a bit <cr><cr><cr>

what a waste of money this is. Where the hell is the quality??. We need a creative midfielder, a defender and a right back imo, but we dont seem to be wanting to buy them. Broadfoot again next year?

And Dailly in midfield aswell. Plus it looks like we are going to sell our top scorer from the last 3 seasons for peanuts to Cardiff :blink:

In Walter we trust......i'm beginning to doubt him.

I am not happy about this!

Lafferty is nothing but a poor mans Lee McCulloch!

He is a 8ft winger with no pace and scores the odd goal as a target man!

He's still young and with those attributes he sounds a bit like big Dado to me. He was always drifting out wide and didn't score that many goals, but still brought alot to the team.

another striker ???????????????

meanwhile Celtic have Pavluchenko Frei and Bent on their radar ...much better players

Do you honestly believe one nano second that the feculent ones have any chance of signing those players?

It is as likely as a truthful announcement emanating from Ibrox regarding stadium development.

:rolleyes:

He's still young and with those attributes he sounds a bit like big Dado to me. He was always drifting out wide and didn't score that many goals, but still brought alot to the team.

Dado Prso scored 33 in 100 appearances, that's pretty good for someone who often played wide. Would be happy if Lafferty came in and matched that. :)

Burnley have accepted a cash-plus- player offer from Rangers for striker Kyle Lafferty.

Rangers will pay the Clarets £3m for the Northern Ireland forward with striker Alan Gow moving to the Championship club as part of the deal.

Burnley manager Owen Coyle told the club website: "We've received a very good offer from Rangers, a deal worth close to £4m when you include Gow."

Lafferty, 20, would become Rangers' third summer signing.

Rangers manager Walter Smith has already bolstered his attacking options after signing Kenny Miller and Andrius Velicka.

The Ibrox club tabled a bid for Lafferty two weeks ago but now have increased that to a sum in excess of £3m.

Coyle said Lafferty had made it clear he wanted to leave Turf Moor.

"Ultimately, from the fans' point of view, Kyle wanted to leave the club after saying he felt it was time to move on."

Burnley said both deals were subject to the players agreeing personal terms with their respective clubs.

Last week, Celtic had a bid for £2.75m plus Derek Riordan turned down by Burnley and Wolves were also interested in the Northern Ireland international.

Lafferty has been on the books at Turf Moor since 2005, and has scored 10 goals in 56 appearances for Owen Coyle's men.

The forward, a lifelong Rangers fan, has already won 16 caps for his country, notching five goals and has said he is keen to further his career elsewhere.

Gow, 25, has struggled to establish himself at Ibrox since moving from Falkirk last summer.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...ley/7451140.stm

Lafferty Fee Agreed With Rangers

Posted on: Tue 17 Jun 2008

Burnley Football Club has today agreed a cash-plus-player deal with Rangers for striker Kyle Lafferty.

The Clarets have formally agreed a £3m fee for the Northern Ireland striker, with a further £250,000 payable on appearances and a sell-on clause that includes 10% of any future profit.

Burnley will also enter discussions with 25-year-old Rangers midfielder Alan Gow as part of the package.

Both deals are now subject to the players agreeing personal terms with their respective clubs.

Burnley manager Owen Coyle confirmed: "We have received a very good offer from Rangers - a deal worth close to £4m when you include Alan (Gow), who has been offered to us in return as part of the package.

"Ultimately, from the fans point of view, Kyle wanted to leave the club after saying he felt it was time to move on.

"Providing the deal is concluded we wish him well, but ultimately we want players who are fully committed to Burnley Football Club."

http://www.burnleyfootballclub.premiumtv.c...1329669,00.html

Dado Prso scored 33 in 100 appearances, that's pretty good for someone who often played wide. Would be happy if Lafferty came in and matched that. :)

Aye but about 20 odd of those came in first season. Like Dado once the legs had went. :craphead:

Aye but about 20 odd of those came in first season. Like Dado once the legs had went. :craphead:

Dado was world class and a very clever player!

You cant put these players in the same sentence!

Lafferty, although young and potentially improving, is still a bad signing!

If he was that good he would be in the Prem with a bottom 10 side.

I hope i eat my words but i cant see him being a major hit!