FIFA 09 Discussion Thread

bluenose_72

• Replies 634
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Played the PC demo.

It is visually stunning. Easily the best looking football game yet.

But my gamepad didn't work properly with it.

Apparently there's a mouse and keyboard control system too. Might have a go at that.

Played the PC demo.

Apparently there's a mouse and keyboard control system too. Might have a go at that.

The PC versions are always shite mate...they spend all there time and money developing the console versions and the pc gets a shite effort.

Thats for fifa anyway, pro evo is always good on the pc except from the last one.

CD's are being printed now and the game is released in 21 days. I wouldn't expect any bug fixes or tweaks to the game untill a patch is released. It was the same last year.

They'll need to (at least) get the proper squads sorted out.

Well the last two years the game was released and you had to update the squads online.

Played the PC demo.

I didn't think it looked all that great tbh.

As for game pads...you think that it being EA they would have been able to make a generic game pad setting. Lat year I had to mess about with all sorts of numbers and finding out what the R2 & R3 codes were. I should have been paid for doing it.

i eventually got to play the demo.

i like it, easy the best footy game so far, still some things to sort out, but i see this as the beginning.

just think how good these games are going to get :)

only negative ive had so far is that i managed to block a punt from the gk, i hope this doesnt happen against me online.

i would go nuts lol

overall cracking game (tu)

It's ok. Might buy it for the Be A Pro season mode alone but it's not really an improvement on last year's version IMO.

dunno how can you say that, its miles different and further ahead than fifa 08

I just found out payday is the day it comes out so it looks like a trip uptown to rip-offs-ville on release date

Anyone played this on PS3 Demo?? (tu)

yes

Its any good mate? how many games you get out it before it stops letting you play?? :D

play as many as you want, 2 minute halfs, full game.

its very good, a lot more fluid than fifa 08 and further improved, the euro 2008 demo changed a fair bit from the original so theres still hope for some kinks to be ironed out of 09 in the original release

Played the PC demo.

The PC versions are always shite mate...they spend all there time and money developing the console versions and the pc gets a shite effort.

Thats for fifa anyway, pro evo is always good on the pc except from the last one.

Pro Evo 2008 is probably my all time favourite football game ever. ISS Pro on the PSX comes close though.

As for PC versions of FIFA, well yeah, the control system has always been a serious let down. They don't work with the Playstation to PC USB adapter, and even my actual PC Logitech USB isn't working well with the demo.

I didn't think it looked all that great tbh.

It looked fantastic on mine. A real step up from last year.

As for game pads...you think that it being EA they would have been able to make a generic game pad setting. Lat year I had to mess about with all sorts of numbers and finding out what the R2 & R3 codes were. I should have been paid for doing it.

They really should sort it out.

It's ok. Might buy it for the Be A Pro season mode alone but it's not really an improvement on last year's version IMO.

dunno how can you say that, its miles different and further ahead than fifa 08

I just found out payday is the day it comes out so it looks like a trip uptown to rip-offs-ville on release date

I played the demo and 08 today, I don't see much difference. The passing meter is good but in all honesty it's not much different.

yes

Its any good mate? how many games you get out it before it stops letting you play?? :D

its very good, a lot more fluid than fifa 08 and further improved, the euro 2008 demo changed a fair bit from the original so theres still hope for some kinks to be ironed out of 09 in the original release

BIG QUESTION: is Ibrox in it ? :lol:

Best FIFA PC yet (imo), in fact best footy game on pc ever, visually it is stuning (max @1920x1200), gameplay vastly improved, you can download an expander for the pc version at soccergaming forums.

Can't wait for Lafferty and Novo to create space for Pedro to score a screamer.

Anyone know how to edit the chants and supporter flags?

yes

BIG QUESTION: is Ibrox in it ? :lol:

we dont know, you cant change the demo stadium

Played the PC demo.

Pro Evo 2008 is probably my all time favourite football game ever. ISS Pro on the PSX comes close though.

As for PC versions of FIFA, well yeah, the control system has always been a serious let down. They don't work with the Playstation to PC USB adapter, and even my actual PC Logitech USB isn't working well with the demo.

Pro Evo 2008 was great offline but you couldnt play it online!

It was too easy as well, i used to be pretty handy at pro evo and one day a mate who had played fifa all his days played against me and i won 9-2 but the 2 goals he scored he just ran in a straight line with Ronalo and i couldnt stop him, thats a lot of shite!

PES6 is the best footy game in recent years followed close by Euro.

Did you play PES2008 online?

I used to run a site where we played online leagues 1vs1 and 2vs2...2008 stopped the 2vs2 and you couldnt play 1vs1 because it was fucked online! On my screen the keeper would save a shot only for the striker to run away celebrating and a goal was given!