FIFA 09 Discussion Thread

bluenose_72

• Replies 634
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will be buying this for both the ps3 and xbox purely to be involved in this RM team!

I cant wait...

What do most of you have just now? I want to get it so i can get some game si with you all just now...fifa 08 would probably be better as you can as least do 5vs5 online.

I will be buying this for both the ps3 and xbox purely to be involved in this RM team!

I cant wait...

What do most of you have just now? I want to get it so i can get some game si with you all just now...fifa 08 would probably be better as you can as least do 5vs5 online.

fifa 09 has a built in online team league where you create a player and build him up, each person of RM would create a player and pick a position, we will get it all sorted over the weekend of fifa's release

I cant wait...

fifa 09 has a built in online team league where you create a player and build him up, each person of RM would create a player and pick a position, we will get it all sorted over the weekend of fifa's release

Sounds like a plan woo woo.

i'm grabbing LM spot, i play left wing in nhl 09 and i'm owning them all

Wise move.

I'm going to struggle, you don't get anywhere near as much time on the ball as you do in Euro.

do what i do, spray the passes about and work from there

I'm trying, midfield is mega congested though Buba.

Don't know if it's because I'm playing it at the hardest level though.

It doesn't matter where you play in the team we will all have an important part to play. Our midfield 3 will be key of course and it will be up to them to break up the oppositions attacks and then create our own attacks! :lol: It will be a lot different playing against 10 human players than it is against the computer though.

It doesn't matter where you play in the team we will all have an important part to play. Our midfield 3 will be key of course and it will be up to them to break up the oppositions attacks and then create our own attacks! :lol: It will be a lot different playing against 10 human players than it is against the computer though.

yeh hopefully if we can stay organised we should beat a good few teams.

i think some teams will have maybe 3 or 4 players that dont want to track back and always run with the ball, so if we play as a team we should get time and space on the ball.

heres hoping anyway :)

i think some teams will have maybe 3 or 4 players that dont want to track back and always run with the ball, so if we play as a team we should get time and space on the ball.

If we can work well together as a team then there is no reason why we can't feel confident going into any game!

Also, nobody should be "pinning down" any positions as of yet. Obviously you can suggest a position you feel you would do well in but we really have to wait and see peoples strengths and weaknesses. I know Andy drew up a possible team that nobody seemed to have a problem with so we can build from there.

Maybe if we all stated our preferred position and say how we would excel in that position?

Well Andy had me down as a striker(but I would quite happily anywhere, I'm not fussy). So I think that my finishing is alright, my movement is pretty good and I think I could link up the play pretty well. (tu)

If we can work well together as a team then there is no reason why we can't feel confident going into any game!

Also, nobody should be "pinning down" any positions as of yet. Obviously you can suggest a position you feel you would do well in but we really have to wait and see peoples strengths and weaknesses. I know Andy drew up a possible team that nobody seemed to have a problem with so we can build from there.

Maybe if we all stated our preferred position and say how we would excel in that position?

Well Andy had me down as a striker(but I would quite happily anywhere, I'm not fussy). So I think that my finishing is alright, my movement is pretty good and I think I could link up the play pretty well. (tu

Somewhere in the midfield as my finishing isnt very reliable , never has been doh

I would have suggested myself being a winger in a forward three, I used to do really well with anelka and my crossing in 08 was a beast, although IVe still to get a hang of the crossing in 09, theyve changed the mechanics of it a lot :( I can play pretty much anywhere and would be pretty confident in picking up "Any" if we need it

I would have suggested myself being a winger in a forward three, I used to do really well with anelka and my crossing in 08 was a beast, although IVe still to get a hang of the crossing in 09, theyve changed the mechanics of it a lot :( I can play pretty much anywhere and would be pretty confident in picking up "Any" if we need it

Aye, I've noticed the crossing is totally different. I was awesome at crossing in Euro :(

I think my finishing is much better on this Fifa than it has ever been in any other game.

I think I could play Striker (Probably a better worker/runner than a finisher still)

I could play Centre mid, my passing has always been pretty good.

I could play centre half, my tackling is usually the best part of my game.

I think I am better in the centre, as my crossing, and running with the ball in tight spaces, is generally very poor.

I cant wait...

Can i join this for the xbox360 version?

My best position when i have played FIFA 08 pro mode, has always been LM or RM. I just roam about by coming inside, setting up goals, scoring goals etc.

the only thing about the positions is, that when you create your player and select his position,

his attributes are going to be set to that position, every player is set to 85 overall but a striker will have better finishing than a defender etc.

so if you create your player as a forward you will be at a disadvantage if you play CB with your created player.

i think we will need to decide where everyone wants to play, cant really chop and change.

also i dont know how many players you can create but i know that you can only be at 1 club at any time.

therefor if you are a defender for the rm team you have to be happy that you are going to be a defender for any other club you may join.

sorry to rabble on :)