We could learn a thing or two from Falkirk

Boab

The ability it seems to always have a player to pass to, nice short passes that keeps posession and movement off the ball that is similiar to my first point. Also, very little high balls.

They're no Barca, don't get me wrong, but it shows that a Scottish team can play in an attractive and arguably effective way - unlucky not to get in the top 6 last season - and it would be nice if we could take some things that Falkirk can do individually and as a team in the future.

i just hard john hughes saying he didnt want to be a check book manager and that he wanted to bring kids thorugh and i just wish smith was a bit like that....

Hughes would LOVE to be a chequebook manager. But he knows he never will be at Falkirk! :rolleyes:

The ability it seems to always have a player to pass to, nice short passes that keeps posession and movement off the ball that is similiar to my first point. Also, very little high balls.

They're no Barca, don't get me wrong, but it shows that a Scottish team can play in an attractive and arguably effective way - unlucky not to get in the top 6 last season - and it would be nice if we could take some things that Falkirk can do individually and as a team in the future.

That certainly is arguable. We've seen that many times from Falkirk - passing the ball around but not winning.

Hopefully our midfield reinforcements are on the way.

gets them nowhere though

they just need a good striker...if they had a boyd or valicka then would be sorted

they had stokes and i still dont think they finished high did they?

teams play well against us, like falkirk or dundee utd, then they go and get beat by gretna the following week or whatever

falkirk do play great football though, dont get me wrong, im not disputing that

As everyone else has said .... if they had an instinctive finisher e.g Boyd, we would've been well beaten today.

Falkirk play great football, they are easy on the eye & if Yogi ever finds that elusive finisher ... other teams should watch out.

As everyone else has said .... if they had an instinctive finisher e.g Boyd, we would've been well beaten today.

Exactly. Some people can't seem to read.

They would've hammered us if they didn't have that donkey who missed the penalty up front.

Falkirk overdue the nice football stuff, they try to pass it into the net instead on just thumping it in when the situation calls for it.

But they do play some lovely stuff, just lack that weeeeeee bit of quality.

I couldn't agree more Boab.

They are for me the scottish version of Man U - i realise that Man U are far more exciting to watch and have far more supreme quality but when you watch you get excited. The manager for me is excellent and latapy is so effective in midfield.

They have a good midfield, were poor upfront and in couple of defensive positions last season which let them down. This season I think they will be stronger in defence but lack anything decent upfront.

We only really created a single chance today which is credit to their defence TU)

they would be a good team if they had still had Anthony Stokes, before he became a typical money grabbing rhat.

They are for me the scottish version of Man U - i realise that Man U are far more exciting to watch and have far more supreme quality but when you watch you get excited. The manager for me is excellent and latapy is so effective in midfield.

I would more say Arsenal tbh and just hope they can keep it up when Latapy retires but I think they will. I know first hand that ball control and passing. is popular at Falkirk in the youths.

they are just a average scottish team in a poor scottish league, who yesterday were playing against a poor rangers team.