***The Official Hibs v Rangers Thread***

Muff

• Replies 836
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Boyd starts I fear the worst for this game. If McCulloch even gets on as a sub I think I'll cry.

Care to tell why you would feel the worst if we played the best goal scorer at the club within the 3 years?

Because against Hibs away we need 11 players, not 10 players and someone who is good at finishing. Of course you knew what my response was going to be, and there's not much point in having the Boyd debate again, it's been done to death. All I'm saying is I'd much rather have someone like Lafferty in Boyd's place.

Boyd's a quality player lads, Great finish on Wednesday and he scores. This year he's started 12 SPL games and scored 9 goals so that means he's got a 75% chance of starting in any game we start him in. Velicka should make the bench and as for McCulloch no place in the squad, same with Dailly.

-------Alexander----

-----Papac-------------Weir-----------Bougherra-----Broadfoot

----Lafferty-----------Mendes---------Thomson-----Adam-----

-----------Boyd-------Miller----

Subs: McGregor, Edu, Beasley, Novo, Niguez, Velicka, Darcheville

Rangers to win 1-0 :rangers::rangers:

Boyd's a quality player lads, Great finish on Wednesday and he scores. This year he's started 12 SPL games and scored 9 goals so that means he's got a 75% chance of starting in any game we start him in. Velicka should make the bench and as for McCulloch no place in the squad, same with Dailly.

-------Alexander----

-----Papac-------------Weir-----------Bougherra-----Broadfoot

----Lafferty-----------Mendes---------Thomson-----Adam-----

-----------Boyd-------Miller----

Subs: McGregor, Edu, Beasley, Novo, Niguez, Velicka, Darcheville

Rangers to win 1-0 :rangers::rangers:

No Steven Davis, arguably our best player this season (although I think Pedro shades it), not even on the bench? I don't think Lafferty can play on the right, can he?

If Boyd starts I fear the worst for this game. If McCulloch even gets on as a sub I think I'll cry.

Care to tell why you would feel the worst if we played the best goal scorer at the club within the 3 years?

Possibly because for the 3 years he's been top scorer we haven't won the league? Yes, he's a great finisher, but he creates little or nothing for anyone else, and I feel that's a luxury we can't afford if we're going to win the league this season.

McGregor

Broadfoot Bougherra Weir Papac

Davis Mendes Thomson Beasley

Miller Boyd

That'd be my team as well. Would like to see Lafferty brought on as sub and also Aaron if Beasley has another shocker.

I think Walter will go with that team as well, apart from McGregor.

Just a wee reminder:

Trio Back For Hibs

by Lindsay Herron

WALTER SMITH has major striking options as Rangers head to Easter Road on Sunday hoping to maintain their lead at the top of the SPL - but it seems certain Kris Boyd will be one of them.

Kenny Miller has shaken off the slight strain which prevented him from taking part in Wednesday's extra time Co-operative Insurance Cup tie win over Partick Thistle.

Andrius Velicka is also fit again after being floored by a sickness bug and he has a good record against Hibs from his Hearts days.

While Lee McCulloch is also available again and back into the squad after suffering a knee problem.

Steven Whittaker, meanwhile, has received an injection in his knee to cure a cyst problem and the medical team hope he will now be on the road to recovery.

Boss Walter Smith said: "We have no further injury problems after Wednesday's game. The good news is that Velicka, McCulloch and Miller are available again.

"Steven Whitaker got an injection on a cyst behind his knee this morning and hopefully that will cure the problem he has had."

Smith used Jean-Claude Darchevile and Kris Boyd as his strike force during the week and Boyd seems certain to keep his place after a sensational strike.

The manager said: "Kris showed the other night what he does best. He scored a fantastic goal. If we can supply him the opportunities then he will take them.

"There are aspects to his game that he could do better and Kris says that himself, but his technique for the goal at Firhill was tremendous.

"There are very few players out there who can finish in the way that he does. He has been in the team more than not this season and he showed why the other night.

"Of course, it is up to me to pick the team and we will chop and change throughout the season. Some players are particularly suited to certain games."

http://www.rangers.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Ne...1404608,00.html