176 members have voted

1. 1. Who was better

• Brian Laudrup
    • Davie Cooper

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

can't bring myself to vote on this. Both these players are my all time favourites. Anyone like myself that remembers both will say that each man displayed qualities that are rare in football today. unionflag.gif

(tu)

Yeah, another one who can't choose here

Laudrup was more complete as a player, being two-sided with great natural athleticism, but Cooper had more natural ability and beat players without pace, just pure skill.

It's a hard choice, but I have to plump for Cooper due to service during the bad years and raw talent.

Gascoigne could be in this debate too. Mols might have been had it not been for that injury Vs. Kahn on the touchline in Munich.

Different times, different teams. Coops played in good teams at the start and end of his time at Ibrox, but lost his will to play during John Greigs managership.

Laudrup played in a great Rangers team. Talent/skill wise I think Coops just shades it but Laudrup was more dangerous and direct. I would hate to live on the difference as they say.

It's Laudrup for me. By far the most skilled and most talented player I've ever seen in a Rangers shirt (and I watched Davie, too.)

I'll go one further. I know of an old Rangers supporter who watched Rangers since the 1920s and who saw Alan Morton, Jim Baxter and Brian Laudrup. He thought the Great Dane was the greatest Rangers player he had ever seen. For someone to have watched Morton and Baxter to say that is the biggest compliment you could pay Laudrup.

Very tough question. :unsure:

I've chosen Laudrup, purely for his pace and relative consistency. But if I were to choose again tomorrow I might pick Cooper. For what it's worth, my old man reckoned Morton was better than the pair of them! :D

coops.

i played for the team i loved.

dont hear anything like that from the danish superstar.....

...but I did'nt ask the question who was more passionate about Rangers.

My question was,who was the best football player

Had the privelidge of watching both and whilst Cooper was the bigger Rangers man, he was not consistent enough(Yeah i know i will take pelters)

Laudrup was a class above everyone. He is a European Championship winner and his skills undoubtedly at times handed us the league. The same could not be said of Davie, as great as he was. Laudrup was World Class.

Ive spoke to DC a few times and he was true true blue, but have to be honest as usual when voting (tu)

The Moody Blue got my vote,just :unionflag:

Although he was by far the most naturally gifted player to grace the Ibrox turf he was also the most frustrating at times due to his sheer laziness,but then all it took was just 2 mins of his mesmerising left foot to work its magic and all was forgiven!!! :bouncy:

Laudrup again was a natural talent that was on par with Cooper at times but for me Cooper just edges it!!

I always enjoyed watchin Cooper but what swung it for me was he was a home grown talent.

Cooper was one of the few Scottish players who i would put in the bracket of "world Class" .. IMO of course.