Celtc fans arrange Anti-poppy protest at Parkhead on Saturday

leanne73

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Page 25 of the Sun today. Apparently sellik fans are going to walk out in protest at the celtic players wearing a poppy. Scum :angry2:

If this happens then it will be the biggest own goal by a set of supporters ever in this country.

If this happens it is our duty to ensure that the whole world is made aware of it. In this day and age the internet allows 'ordinary folk' opportunities to publicise things on a massive scale.

There is no comparison with a song that has no offensive lyrics and the desecration of the memory of people who sacrificed their lives for our freedom.

Just let the mhedia try and cover this one up.

Despite several crowd shots the other night it was interesting to see the only man who appeared to wear a poppy at parkhead was Fergie. An alien would have thought it was a personal tribute that only applied to him.

As much as I hate our troops being disrespected the more Celtic fans embarrass the club the better.

That is a good point, more and more people are seeing them for what they are.

I was inwardly pishing myself laughing when one in the office was bleating about the big bad manure fans singing 'FTP and the IRA' at them.

My mate just sent me the link to this site and I could not beleive their intensions,

Just when you think they cant get worse, read this link

check the post from a complete moron called glasnost

http://www.pieandbovril.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=94987

At work so can't open the link to see the details but if they walk out tomorrow I hope the worlds media show them for the pusillanimous reptilian shower they are.

Let me ask this because i'm fucked if i know

This basicilly a question for the media who hide behind their usernames on here

Why do we get dragged into papers for sectarian chanting when all we're doing is condemming the IRA? when the green mob across from us are glorifying what the IRA done no one bats and eyelid?

also

To the media who insist on using the term "alegidly" when every body in scotland and the subscribers to setenta who heard at tynecastle "IRA" chanting and other sectarian bile?

here it is ....it just gobsmacks you

"A group of Celtic supporters called "ǝpɐbıɹq uǝǝɹb ǝɥʇ" are planning a walkout at Parkhead during saturdays game against Motherwell in protest against their club wearing poppies on their jersey's in tribute to the victims of the war.They have the backing of Cairde Na hEireann (the sister group of Sinn Fein) and TAL fanzine and will be handing out leaflets in protest showing grieving Iraqi civilians and calling hoops chairman John Reid a war criminal.

I know everyone is entitled to their opinion but there is a time and place for this sort of thing and the club have agreed to wear the poppies in honour of the war-dead so i think it's in bad taste.What are your views?"

here it is ....it just gobsmacks you

"A group of Celtic supporters called "ǝpɐbıɹq uǝǝɹb ǝɥʇ" are planning a walkout at Parkhead during saturdays game against Motherwell in protest against their club wearing poppies on their jersey's in tribute to the victims of the war.They have the backing of Cairde Na hEireann (the sister group of Sinn Fein) and TAL fanzine and will be handing out leaflets in protest showing grieving Iraqi civilians and calling hoops chairman John Reid a war criminal.

I know everyone is entitled to their opinion but there is a time and place for this sort of thing and the club have agreed to wear the poppies in honour of the war-dead so i think it's in bad taste.What are your views?"

There is another link on it that takes you to there forum, it gets worse read the bit about a minutes silence disgusting!!

the best fans in the world my arse!!

IRELANDS SHAME!!!!!!!!!

these cunts dont deserve to be british!!

LINK http://www.talkceltic.net/forum/774672-post58.html

As the title states wearing a poppy commemorates and thanks all those who have served in our armed forces, including the brave soldiers of the UVF who fought at the Somme.

A nice little fact to enlighten our friends from the east.

As a club, celtc are beyond reproach for wearing poppies on their shirts.

Their support is a totally different matter and I'm sure many will be shown up for what thay are tomorrow.

I read that after disrupting the minutes silence they are gonna walk out. Cant see that happening.

I reckon they will make a noise throughout the whole silence and then use the excuse that they prefered a minutes applause/noise.

They will get away with it

Some of the moronic fans dont realise that they are gonna be disrespecting their own families who probably fought in the war. SCUM

Come gather round my comrades, this first of July morn

When Ulster men are proudly Glad of the land where they were born

I will tell you of our history and how it came to pass'

That we went once more to Englands aid so far from old Belfast

It was in the dark uncertain days of early world war one

When Britains shores were threatened by the jackboot of the h**

But now Englands cry for help was heard we let her have no fear

And we sent across the Flanders fields the Ulster Volunteers

It was at a place they called The Somme on the first day of July

When twenty thousand Ulster men they prepared to fight and die

Well they bravely charged through no-mans land with the red hand flying high

And their cry it was no surrender boys, old Ulsters battle cry

Well the Gemans in their trenches they could scarce believe their eyes

When up and charged those Ulster men and they heard their battle cry

For what kind of men are these they said who would leave their native land

For to die upon a battle field and what is that strange red hand

So on and on they charged that day where others feared to tread

And in the mud and on the wire,they left behind their dead

Now the only flag to fly that day behind the German lines

Was the old red hand of Ulster with its Shamrocks bound in nine

And for those who came back home again what changes did they find

For the counties that made Ulster up they no longer numbered nine

Three counties had been stole away by those we fought to save

For now this was Englands gratitude to the sacrifice we made

So gather round my comrades, this first of July morn

When Ulster men are proudly Glad of the land where they were born

And we'll never more be sent away to fight in a foriegn land

or to die for someone elses cause at an Englishmans command

There are some really sick puppies out there.

Every Celtic fan I know wears a poppy and is disgusted at all the carry on with 'ǝpɐbıɹq uǝǝɹb ǝɥʇ' etc.

I don't put anything past them mind you.