****The Official Rangers v Aberdeen Thread****

Muff

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WALTER Smith has confirmed that Kenny Miller will miss tomorrow's meeting with Aberdeen after failing to recover from the calf strain that kept him out of Scotland's midweek match.

Miller withdrew from the national squad ahead of their meeting with Argentina but had hoped to return to fitness in time to continue his partnership with Kris Boyd.

However Smith must now consider who will partner 13 goal Boyd for the visit of Jimmy Calderwood's side.

Smith said: "Kenny will miss the game tomorrow. He took a knock on the calf at the end of the game last week and it's not cleared up but hopefully he'll be fit for next week's game.

"We have quite a few options to replace him so we'll see which one to select."

The Rangers boss also faces a selection headache in defence as he prepares for the weekend's match without being certain of the fitness of Sasa Papac or Madjid Bougherra.

Both missed last Saturday's meeting with St Mirren and with Papac doubtful, Bougherra faces a late bid to prove he is fit to return alongside Davie Weir at the heart of the Gers defence.

Smith added: "Sasa is still struggling a little bit and Madjid also still has a bit of a calf strain but we'll know tomorrow if he's fit or not when he has a fitness test in the morning."

Whoever is available to start against the Dons, Smith is expecting a tough match from a side that lift their performance when facing the light blues.

He said: "They give us difficult games at Ibrox. I do think Aberdeen raise their game against us there's no doubt about that.

"Tomorrow's game is a big one for us. We've had a few midweek games recently and then when we do have a break the players disappear on international duty.

"But we have decent home form and we would hope to keep that going. Aberdeen's form away from home has been good and I think they have more points on the road than they do at home."

http://www.rangers.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Ne...1462103,00.html

____________________________McGregor________________________________

________________________Weir________McCulloch________________________

Broadfoot____________________________________________________Whittaker

_______________________Ferguson______Mendes__________________________

Davis___________________________________________________________Adam

________________________Darcheville____Boyd____________________________

:( :( :(

I thought one of the reasons we bought Edu was his versatility in being able to play in defence or midfield.

Whittaker____Edu____Weir____Broadfoot

Doesn't look half as bad without McCulloch!

Frightening!!!!

Edu at central defence? Didn't work in the USA Olympic team, home almost before the games started.

Broadfoot at left back a nightmare waiting to happen

Whittaker not good enough at right back for Hibs because he couldn't defend.

Weir getting slower and more fragile every game.

My big hope is that Bougherra is fit. That would be a big boost.

But we have problems.

If Bougherra is fit I would play our normal defence but with Whittaker at Left back.

Midfield then would be : Davis Edu Mendes and Beasley - Barry on the bench - wont happen though.

Up front: Lafferty and Boyd.

Walter will probably have much different thoughts

according to bbc davis bougherra and papac are not in the team.

McGregor

McMillan broadfoot weir whittaker

novo mendes ferguson aaron

boyd lafferty

I have to say that is one of the most 'optimistic' lineups I have ever seen on here - 2 players who have never played for us - never happen.

Walter, please don't play McCulloch in there.

Get Whittaker in at RB and Broadfoot at CB.

Please doh

Fully agree ,if Mc Culloch plays at the back then I will have to accept that Walter has lost the plot and we need new stewardship.

Walter, please don't play McCulloch in there.

Get Whittaker in at RB and Broadfoot at CB.

Please doh

Fully agree ,if Mc Culloch plays at the back then I will have to accept that Walter has lost the plot and we need new stewardship.

He played there last week!

As vomit inducing as it sounds, I would still play Christian Dailly at CB over McCulloch every day of the week

so would I. At least hes actually played there before. I just dont understand this obsession walter has with playing lee mculloch, there are far better players ahead of him in midfield and up front so walter trys to convert him into a central defender just to get him a game. He might be good in the air but you dont learn defensive positioning in a a couple of games and hes not exactly quick. If aberdeen play through balls we will be screwed as weir and mculloch are both slow and mcculloch will probably play their striker onside and then they will be clean through on goal.