Kyle Lafferty's chance?

Muff

KENNY MILLER has been forced to withdraw from Scotland's glamour friendly with Argentina on Wednesday night and is a major doubut for next weekend's Ibrox clash with Aberdeen.

The Rangers star limped into Murray Park this morning with a calf injury which got progessively worse over the weekend.

He was immediately withdrawn from the Scotland squad and now the Rangers medical team will work to try to get Miller fit for the Dons game.

Miller was instrumental in Saturday's 2-1 win over St Mirren setting up both goal for Kris Boyd and Steve Davis.

However, he took a kick on the calf in that game and the swelling increased overnight and again yesterday.

http://www.rangers.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Ne...1456844,00.html

Has he not been struggling with a calf injury for some time now? - had injections and missed the last Scotland match due to it?

Perfect time to give Lafferty a chance in his proper position. There is no need to even risk Miller but I get the feeling our manager would rather play an injured/unfit player than a fully fit player - Miller and Ferguson are two examples.

Either that or he'll bring Darcheville in from the cold.

I'd start with Lafferty and Boyd up front, but who would WS play on the left? I don't think any of the options we have for there are particularly great.

Beasley - this chopping and changing is no use to anyone. He doesn't know if he's coming or going. Ok he's not played well but how is a player supposed to build up their confidence, sharpness and form when they are constantly played then dropped?

Kyle will prove himself if he gets a run in the team

He could score a hattrick, set up three and play like an on form Zigic, yet when Kenny Miller comes back, find himself dropped altogether or thrown out on the left.

KENNY MILLER has been forced to withdraw from Scotland's glamour friendly with Argentina on Wednesday night and is a major doubut for next weekend's Ibrox clash with Aberdeen.

The Rangers star limped into Murray Park this morning with a calf injury which got progessively worse over the weekend.

He was immediately withdrawn from the Scotland squad and now the Rangers medical team will work to try to get Miller fit for the Dons game.

Miller was instrumental in Saturday's 2-1 win over St Mirren setting up both goal for Kris Boyd and Steve Davis.

However, he took a kick on the calf in that game and the swelling increased overnight and again yesterday.

http://www.rangers.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Ne...1456844,00.html

Has he not been struggling with a calf injury for some time now? - had injections and missed the last Scotland match due to it?

Perfect time to give Lafferty a chance in his proper position. There is no need to even risk Miller but I get the feeling our manager would rather play an injured/unfit player than a fully fit player - Miller and Ferguson are two examples.

Either that or he'll bring Darcheville in from the cold.

coincidence that he gets a calf or hamstring injury before scotland games :rolleyes: but i dont give a shit about scotland its the gers fro me as long as he is fit for the trip to the sheepdome

I'd like to see Lafferty and Boyd have some time upfront together. And I'd keep Charlie on the left. He can put in a good cross and they're both good in the air. Severin isn't strong in the air, it's an area where could have some joy.

He'll bring Novo or Darcheville in to partner Boyd.

Which would then make me ask the question - why was £3.5m spent on Lafferty?

One thing that Lafferty looks capable of is getting the ball down and running at defenders. I reckon he'd be able to feed of Boyd's flick ons and hurt defences. I would like to see him start on Saturday if Miller is not fully fit and the I reckon he'd cause Aberdeen's dodgy defence a bit of a problem.

He has to stop playing him out wide left he's shocking out there! He's a forward so that is where he deserves a chance.

Why does Smith have this thing for playing players out of position? It's just as bad as the McLeish days.

I would worry about playing Lafferty as a striker; he doesn't move or react like a striker, his first touch looks terrible and he just appears clumsy. The fact that he has very rarely played as a striker in his professional career must say something and his club managers have played him wide rather than through the middle.

The final nail in the coffin is when Walter says he sees him playing as a striker in the future so there can be no doubt that he is not a striker.

Coppell, Coyle, Sanchez, Worthington, Smith and even Lafferty all say he's a striker. Coppell said he only played him on the left due to a shortage of left sided players. His best performances for Burnley and Northern Ireland have come when he was played upfront.

He'll bring Novo or Darcheville in to partner Boyd.

Which would then make me ask the question - why was £3.5m spent on Lafferty?

One thing that Lafferty looks capable of is getting the ball down and running at defenders. I reckon he'd be able to feed of Boyd's flick ons and hurt defences. I would like to see him start on Saturday if Miller is not fully fit and the I reckon he'd cause Aberdeen's dodgy defence a bit of a problem.

that is one of his strengths. Why did we spend £3.5m on him??? no idea, i am a big fan of him he has loads of potential but i dont think we can afford potential when we are so desperate to win the title. I would have rather we spent the money on a quality experienced left winger

I think that he WILL play with Lafferty up front.

I would be tempted to take advantage of this chance to break Loy into the team.

LOY!!!!!!

But he was not signed for money by Walter and he is a talented young player with a great future.....no chance.

Darcheville-Boyd up front with our big beanpole target man Lafferty as a winger with our perfect passing central midfielder Davis as another winger with 2 wingers in Beasley and Aaron in the stand

As Muff says, why was £3.5m spent on a player who will rarely play in any position, let alone his own position? Walter's spending seems insane, to be honest. If Miller is out and Lafferty doesn't start up front against the sheep, I can see no reason for him not to look for a new club in January.

£7.2m wasted - now we got two quality players in Davis and Mendes for £6m - why could we not have bought a left winger for £3-4m and a centre back or another position with the money remaining. Two players who would have been guaranteed starters and make the team better, instead of buying a striker who is never going to play and is nothing more than mediocre(Velicka) a young American defensive/box to box midfielder and Kyle Lafferty who may one day come good but for the time being is either going to be played out of position or find himself on the bench with the odd 5-10 minutes here <cr>