**Warning** You may need to be revived after reading this from Spiers

schwantz

I feel split on this.

One one hand I'm absolutely delighted to see SDM outright chastising Celtic as a club, and John Reid. He's never done that before, and it's great to see him fight back.

On the other hand, does it not 'go to their level' to get involved in a tit for tat war of words with that rodent Reid?

What SDM says is spot on - we all know it. I just wonder how far this can go. If the 2 chairmen are publicly slagging off each others' club and persons, well, that will be a new direction for the Old Firm rivalry.

In my opinion, he has played it perfectly, alluding to their "crimes" but not outright accusing them of anything, while asking why they are accusing our support.

What would your ideal statement have been?

He got it perfect. But you seem to be missing my point.

Yes, I seem to be :unsure:

What is your point, Danny?

That no matter who is right or who is wrong, ultimately it's a slagging match between 2 heavyweights in the world of football, further dividing the OF even more extremely.

It's not SDM's fault for responding, it's the nature of the beast that he's had to defend us against that shit and his club. But what could develop from it in time?

I can't think of much good coming from SDM and Reid warring.

I for one am really looking forward to Dec27. :unionflag:

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well said Sir David Murray.

When he actually does speak out he represents the club fantastically well and is very measured and astute in what he says.

It was over due - but nonetheless - thank goodness he spoke up.

I don't know about anyone else but this has given me a real lift/boost.

The club has got a voice/spine back.

Yaaassss.

Long time coming, but credit where it is due. I have to admit that the statement itself is simply genius as it doesn't allow for any reasonable retort from Reid and at the same time stresses that Rangers will always be above that lot in terms of dignity and class.

Now we all know that Dr Death has a history of own goal statements so lets hope that another one is on the way. I wonder if Dermott Desmond has been on the phone yet warning him not to be so stupid as to reply. :lol:

For once, well done David Murray. It may be long overdue and only a trickle compared to the torrent of abuse directed at Rangers which has gone ignored, but it is a very clever statement and hopefully a sign of things to come. To all those who don't believe that we should be getting involved in a tit-for-tat argument with Celtic, just look at what "dignified silence" has done for the Rangers support's reputation. Aggressive PR is what is required and hopefully this is the first step towards that. Enough is enough.

Have mentioned many times in the past that Rangers prefer to do things behind the scenes and with a lot more dignity, maybe now people will believe it!

An excellent article by SDM, and yes I said SDM not Spiers, now that it has been said I expect more dignified silence from Ibrox for the next month and then possibly another article/interview possibly just prior to the next old firm match.

I do however question the timing of this incident, yes he has now been 20 years in charge of Rangers, is that coincidence? Or is there another agenda, it is believed that in time SDM will get involved in politics himself, is this looming closer than what we think? If it is, is it also possible that SDM is closer to finding a buyer for Rangers as I don't think SDM will want to own Rangers and also be involved in politics. We do know that Rangers have now finalised the planning permisson for the re-development of the area around Ibrox and also for the building of a new stadium, the only stumbling block at this moment in time is the credit crunch. Time will tell regarding this, and I wait with baited breath over the next thrilling instalment of the SDM soap opera.

Well done SDM, I have never been one of the "out" mob as IMO we are where we are largely due to him and his management team. Yes, Bain is not good enough, and SDM wants out, but he has defended our club in a way which is hard for them to respond too without looking like total tw@ts.

As I've always believed we are the only club in Scotland with classs & dignity, something the other mob from the eastened can only aspire too but will never match.

:clap: :yes: :rangers: :unionflag:

The Celtic chairman has spoken out about The Famine Song - the latest favoured chant of the Ibrox faithful - claiming that it is “racist” and “vicious”, and has even urged the police to wade in and arrest Rangers supporters under new legislation in Scotland.

:rangers:

the ibrox faithful dont sing that song - we have a footie chant. Speirs has done nothing, gained no respoct of anyone who knows what he is.

fuck him - those around him, and anyone who supports him.

WATP - and always will be.