Are we getting a bit carried away?

rfc_no1fan

Yes it's good to win 7-1, but when Hamilton had 11 players on the pitch we were only 2-1 up.

Some people seem to forget that last week we were hopeless and couldnt hit a barn door.

Celtic dropping points is a huge lift, but it doesnt change the fact that we will almost certainly go into the Old Firm game on December 27th in 2nd place and needing to win.

I hope this result isnt papering over the cracks and that we can finally get a bit of momentum going and be more consistent week in, week out.

Dundee Utd is a huge game this weekend and nothing less than a victory will be good enough

Yes it's good to win 7-1, but when Hamilton had 11 players on the pitch we were only 2-1 up.

Some people seem to forget that last week we were hopeless and couldnt hit a barn door.

Celtic dropping points is a huge lift, but it doesnt change the fact that we will almost certainly go into the Old Firm game on December 27th in 2nd place and needing to win.

I hope this result isnt papering over the cracks and that we can finally get a bit of momentum going and be more consistent week in, week out.

Dundee Utd is a huge game this weekend and nothing less than a victory will be good enough

What would you class as "getting carried away"??

Come on, lighten up - it's been a good weekend for the first time in a while. Obviously next weekend is huge, but if we win it's game on again.

I think everyones been a bit low key considering it was 7-1

I still dont expect us to win next week

You should surely always "expect" Rangers to win every game in the SPL??

Sign of the times (td)

Think we'll need to be lucky to win next week

That's 100% 'head in the sand' material from you there!

i was thinking that good post mate seen as a couple of the goals were very late on and beating a accies team with ten men didnt give me a hardon

but at the end of the day its good for the goal diff if it comes to it

if i thought for a moment smith would start with the same line up against dundee utd i'd be quite confident but i reckon he'll do something stupid selection-wise. bring in adam for beasley something clever like that

This Monday morning feeling is sure a lot better than last Monday morning - and a big part of that goes to the Hibs result (and Boruc!!). But reality is wa are still 4 points away but this weekend showed they are vurnable as well and we all know we need to start winning on the road, consistenty!

This Monday morning feeling is sure a lot better than last Monday morning - and a big part of that goes to the Hibs result (and Boruc!!). But reality is wa are still 4 points away but this weekend showed they are vurnable as well and we all know we need to start winning on the road, consistenty!

(tu)

I think the biggest lift we have had this weekend was not beating Hamilton, which was surely expected, but that we have seen Celtic are beatable (let's face it, they haven't been recently - at least not domestically :mutley: ).

It was good to score a lot of goals on Saturday, some good goals amongst them, but if Celtic are going to start dropping points, we just need to win some home games, and we're right back up there. Lets not forget, our home record is very good.

its just been a great sense of relief seeing Celtic finally drop points. For a while I thought they would never lose this season. All of a sudden they don't seem invincible anymore. We have to take one game at a time. Tannadice will be a real test. Barry seemed to make progress and we have Steve n Sasa back who played really well this weekend so hopefully we can get the points on Saturday but it will be real tough. I hope we find a way to get some width though as United will work to snuff out our midfield.

Chesney had a wierd formation pushing Caldwell from defence into midfield partnering Hartley and leaving out McGreety n Naka also Sheridan was horrific

don't see him trying that formation again.

And did we not get carried away when we lost last week predicting doom and gloom for the rest of the season?

We're Rangers fans. It's what we do.

spot on , i could not believe the defeatist attitude after the hearts game

We needed a few goals to build confidence in the team - we were awful against Hearts and ran out of ideas attacking wise. Was nice to get a few players on the score sheet which will should give WS a wee head-ache when picking the team next week.

The game next week is a must win if we are to win the league. We need to start a lengthy winning run and continue to put pressure on Selik.

I dont think anyone's getting too carried away, I do however think that scoring 7 goals couldnt have come at a better time giving us some much needed confidence with Dundee Utd away and OF on 27th. Hopefully we'll be neck and neck by New Year and put some real pressure on them.

And did we not get carried away when we lost last week predicting doom and gloom for the rest of the season?

We're Rangers fans. It's what we do.

spot on , i could not believe the defeatist attitude after the hearts game

(tu)

That's 100% 'head in the sand' material from you there!

Except for our two visits to Parkhead,I expect us to win every game in the SPL.