What we should be paying

parkheadbear

Seen this on another forum from a Hibs fan and made interesting viewing. It showing the prices that used to be paid and what is paid now. For me the change is shocking and IMO we are probably getting a far less quality of football in Scotland these and don't see how these prices can be justified.

With poor attendances at most stadiums in Scotland, poor football, credit crunch and many issues with our game can football in Scotland continue to go this way?

Rangers - Hibs - 6/4/91

Ticket price: £6.50

Going with inflation, that means today we should be paying £10.05

(Average inflation rate of 2.7%)

Hibs meet Rangers at Ibrox on 20/12/2008. Ticket price: £26.00 (Subject to £1.50 booking fee).

Hibs - Celtic - 28/09/1991

Ticket price: £8.00

Going with inflation, that means today we should be paying £12.37

(Average inflation rate of 2.7%)

Hibs versus Celtic tomorrow at Easter Road. Ticket price: £27.00

It's a scandal. Rip off Briton at its worse.

No other industry (and that's what football is sadly) would take advantage of it's customers so wrecklessly. The prices in Britain compared to the continent are absolutely staggering. Sadly though the directors have a point when saying it's hard enough to compete with the competition in Europe without lowering prices.

It also contributes to keeping the working classes away from the stadia which I'm sure will suit those within the game trying to sanatise it.

I hear ya.

I was looking at some old ticket stubs the others week and found one from when Gazza scored at Parkhead when it just got re-done and I think it was about £11

Now it's £37

john i know what you mean my ticket stub from champions league qualifier at elland road was £7 in 1992

ma brother in law stays in the ukraine, and has done for a year and a half now.

got a season ticket for dynamo kiev this year, cost him fully £40!!!!!!!!!!

full season.

he bought ticket for champions league game v arsenal earlier in the group, they charge singularly over there, cost him a fiver!!

incredible.

i dont go to all games, but taking my son and 2 of his mates to hibs game on the 20th. cost me £26, and £14 each for the kids, with each ticket 1.50 booking fee too.

comes to £74 for one game!

very nearly 2 season tickets for kiev!

total rip off Britain.

think in general games in the fatherland are cheaper, as they believ e football is for the average fan. suppose why not all really top players r gonna leave spain or england to go there and play, as wages will be of a par.

u see games on tv, and most times grounds a re bursting, wae the fans all doing that bouncing thing they do, then when the stadium announcer reads out the team, he only say the players christian name, and the crowd say his surname.

i think that is great.

that should b the price we should pay, for average games, teams and players.

average prices.

Ticket pricees are a joke, was around £30 for the game at tynecastle. They play under £15 in Italy, Spain, etc.

Off topic, what is the price for the United game on Saturday ?

£23.50 if you include the £1.50 booking fee Dundee United or Rangers include.

Cheers mate :unionflag:

The price of tickets for the football is shocking in this country, especially the cost for kids.

In my opinion top prices should be £15 and £5 for kids. The price of a juvenile ticket for the recent game at Love Street was £19.

When I first went to Ibrox kids were lifted over the turnstile and there would be a queue of kids outside looking for a "lift over". The price of taking a family of 4 to the game against Hibs would be £80 before the cost of travel and food is included. Feckin scandalous.

Rangers have discounted the cost of juvenile season tickets and cut the cost of the games against the smaller teams which is a start but still a long way to go in my opinion.

Show some backbone & stop feeding the mint then.

Easier said than done. Emotional attachment to your team is a very powerful force.

I know that too Jim, but bullets have to be bitten when the occasion arises.

I admire Motherwell and have given them so much respect since they put their prices down to £15.

I honestly feel every club in Scotland should follow suit.

It is great that they have done it TBH but it would take a club like Rangers to make the changes in Scotland but sadly we are too greedy to actually do it. The working class and the youth can no longer afford the games as much as they used resulting in a drop in atmosphere and a drop in football as a spectacle as a whole IMO.

As a Family man i would never be able to afford taking my daughter to games as well as my self and for me that is wrong. Football in this country is piss poor and until many things in Scotland change it ain't gonna get better.