Barry Ferguson needs to be dropped

Blueshorts

New poster here so hello to everyone. Just watched the game and I can only conclude Walter Smith is completely clueless.

Barry Ferguson is complete and utter gash, yet he is in the team through his image as a "Rangers man"...since he came back our league challenge has gone right down the tubes. He is slow, predictable and offers nothing. Once again though, a manager is terrified of not playing him. I wish Ferguson had never come back to Rangers now.

Lee McCulloch - this guy isn't even a footballer of any kind...would be lucky to get a game for the likes of Morton etc. Playingh him proves Smith is an idiot.

Allan McGregor - call me old fashioned, but in my day when a player was completely off form he was dropped and the 2nd choice was given the chance to prove himself...obviously Walter Smith doesn't see football like that.

I could go on but we are simply not going to win the league with that clown in charge, that's the bottom line.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with all of the above!

Ferguson actually played well today...

We once again lacked width!

I honestly think that SMith asks the squad who fanices playing LM...puts all there names into a hat and whoever gets pulled out plays!

Can't see how anybody can rate a player who's only ability is to get the ball, slow the game down and then make a basic pass to a teammate 10 yards away. Injury has caught up with Ferguson, he is so slow it's beyond a joke.

The only Rangers player with any kind of talent is Pedro Mendes and although I wouldn't call him "talented", you can't ignore Boyds strike rate.

As for Walter Smith - 3.5 million on a player that looks out of his depth in the SPL and £2.5 million on Edu who never plays...what kind of an idiot would spend £2.5 million on a reserve player? Does Smith not realise we no longer have millions to shell out on players who don't even get a game?

I must have watched a different game from you guys. Fergie was woeful, giving away free kicks due to his lack of sharpness, he just couldn't get there quick enough. Noticeably slow when running compared to the United midfield, Mendes and Davis. He was fortunate he didn't get himself sent off today for his persistent fouling and petulant insolence toward the officials.

I don't know if Barry is finished or not, I do know however, he needs taken out the team to find his form in the reserves. The current Ferguson is a hindrance rather than an asset to the team.

hahahaha pedro mendes has talent but he isnt talented?

good one doh

No, I was referring to Boyd, read it more slowly -

"The only Rangers player with any kind of talent is Pedro Mendes and although I wouldn't call him "talented", you can't ignore Boyds strike rate."

good one doh

"The only Rangers player with any kind of talent is Pedro Mendes and although I wouldn't call him "talented"

no

you were refering to pedro mendes

lol...I give up, i'm sure most the other posters can grasp what the sentence meant! Sorry if I upset the grammar police!

good one doh

"The only Rangers player with any kind of talent is Pedro Mendes and although I wouldn't call him "talented"

no

you were refering to pedro mendes

lol...I give up, i'm sure most the other posters can grasp what the sentance meant!

:lol:

I must have watched a different game from you guys. Fergie was woeful, giving away free kicks due to his lack of sharpness, he just couldn't get there quick enough. Noticeably slow when running compared to the United midfield, Mendes and Davis. He was fortunate he didn't get himself sent off today for his persistent fouling and petulant insolence toward the officials.

I don't know if Barry is finished or not, I do know however, he needs taken out the team to find his form in the reserves. The current Ferguson is a hindrance rather than an asset to the team.

Definately watching a different game from me

First time in a long time I have actually been pleased with his performance, yet, at the sametime, felt highly let down by Davis

As for the OP, another one to join the moan club I see, someone who detests all things Rangers at the moment it would seem

I must be getting old