Truly wonderful tribute

D'Artagnan

At the top of the page.

Well done and thank you admin & all those involved.

Gone but never forgotten.

I can see you are "truly" a better speller than I. (tu):lol:

Thats the problem with you stateside bears PB you want to put an "e" in everything...

Remember Al Gore and his "Potatoe" :mutley:

At the top of the page.

Well done and thank you admin & all those involved.

Gone but never forgotten.

Peter Easton, Martin Paton, Mason Philips, Brian Todd and Douglas Morrison.

A mate and I were talking about this the other week, as he recounted his memory of the day. He had passed stairwell thirteen on his way out of the ground, but in his haste to get to the bus, it didn’t really occur to him that something was seriously wrong. I guess it was a combination of being a youngster, and the treat of serious retribution from your dad if you missed the bus home!

Anyway, as they made his way home news began to filter through about the extent of the disaster, but they still had no idea of the death toll until they arrived back in their small mining village in Fife. As he got off the bus his dad was waiting on him, as were other anxious parents and friends… only then did the horrific realization that something terrible had happened hit home.

Although our families came from the same place, I didn’t live in the same village as Jim. No, I was from the sprawling metropolis of Glenrothes, where my dad would let me go to Ibrox with the supporters bus. However, I was only allowed to certain games, and closely chaperoned by one of his pals from the club.

I was only eleven-years old and pretty persistent, but my protestations about going to the “Celtic game” fell on deaf ears, and he would have none of it.

I don’t have lucid recollections of the time, just scatterings of recounted memories, but one will live with me for the rest of my days: the sight of a grown man weeping like a wean after having attended the funerals of the boys listed above.

What is particularly poignant about the five boys, is that they all came from the same village in Fife, four of whom lived in the same street. I didn’t know them personally, but I do think about things from time to time and often think how horrific it must have been for all the victims’ families.

As time goes by, it’s hard not to think of the sixty-six names as just a list of victims from some time ago - a time when most of your parents were younger than some of you are today - but remember we must. It’s tributes like this that keep the memory of a bunch of Rangers supporters (something we all understand) alive. For that we thank you.

At a time for family and friends, when everything is so hectic, I ask each and every one of you to set aside a moment or two for some quiet contemplation and say a prayer for all sixty-six victims.

God bless them all.